ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs. UK

I think I might be the only one here celebrating a UK win tomorrow.

family-guy-youre-a-big-fat-phony.gif

sucks really hard I'll miss this game. Do I hold off visiting the internet in fear of spoilers?

I’m hopeful too, but wouldn’t be a bit surprised to lose 8-9 more games this season. You never know what’s going to just fall apart at the wrong time. UNC might get 37 layups before - or if - we ever adjust to stop it. When another team finds something that works against us, they ride it to victory. UNC Wilmington is proof of that. The blue had to be repainted in the layup lane at Rupp because that one dude wore it off.

Trap game, Kentucky is too preoccupied with preparing for Louisville.
Sigh. Could you imagine the contract extension for KP if he wins this game?"

UL has a dilemma. Win against UK and keep Payne or get blown out and keep Payne.

Sigh. Could you imagine the contract extension for KP if he wins this game?"

UL has a dilemma. Win against UK and keep Payne or get blown out and keep Payne.
I think it’s already done, just not announced until maybe the end of the season. Hopefully it ends this week and we can at least have our season ticket holders show up, I’m sure Kentucky fans have bought the single game tickets up already. I would go to support the team but not if Payne is still there.

I’m hopeful too, but wouldn’t be a bit surprised to lose 8-9 more games this season. You never know what’s going to just fall apart at the wrong time. UNC might get 37 layups before - or if - we ever adjust to stop it. When another team finds something that works against us, they ride it to victory. UNC Wilmington is proof of that. The blue had to be repainted in the layup lane at Rupp because that one dude wore it off.
He’s the king of waiting until the plane ride home to figure out what changes he should have made during the game:

Reporter: "Cal, why were they so wide open all game, seemed like they got any shot they wanted"

Cal: "I don't know, I need to watch the tape… but did you see your favorite player had 2 turnovers… let me say this, Edwards was a star today, he only had 6 points, but he played steady, sure, he was a net negative 22, but that wasn't his fault.
Did you guys see the changes I made at halftime? Anybody? You don't know do you? But you want to tell me how to coach… .I gotta go do radio
"

I think it’s already done, just not announced until maybe the end of the season. Hopefully it ends this week and we can at least have our season ticket holders show up, I’m sure Kentucky fans have bought the single game tickets up already. I would go to support the team but not if Payne is still there.
I'm sure UL will be fine.

Looking forward to the jokes about UK fans taking up seats.

As much as I love this rivalry, we have a bigger one today?

Who are you rooting for?

Reactions: rockycard
Definitely will be fine once this thing ends.
You should throw money at Musslmen. That dude hates UK. more so than UL fans.

In every local interview he brings up UK. I laugh when UK fans bring him up to replace Calipari."

That's the burn you need. Mack was a muppet, Payne,,,,well.

What were your feelings toward KP before he took the job?

I'm definitely not a fan of hiring guys that played for the university. He's going to go from being a beloved alum, to the enemy.

I'm sure a lot of UL fans had a sour taste for KP already, since he coached under Cal at UK, but these last two years really did some serious damage it seems.

What were your feelings toward KP before he took the job?

I'm definitely not a fan of hiring guys that played for the university. He's going to go from being a beloved alum, to the enemy.

I'm sure a lot of UL fans had a sour taste for KP already, since he coached under Cal at UK, but these last two years really did some serious damage it seems.
I’m not going to lie, I was excited until the mid summer when he hadn’t signed but one guard. This year we have two guards but no direction as to what our philosophy is on either end of the court. All I know is we just try to draw fouls and hit free throws.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I’m not going to lie, I was excited until the mid summer when he hadn’t signed but one guard. This year we have two guards but no direction as to what our philosophy is on either end of the court. All I know is we just try to draw fouls and hit free throws.
I'm defintely surprised at the lack of game planning, recruiting and understanding of how to keep things in the locker room that KP has shown.

He should have kept that whole 'tights' issue under wraps. He has put his foot in his mouth a lot.

All of these things are going to greatly impact his future coaching opportunities.

Reactions: rockycard
ADVERTISEMENT