ADVERTISEMENT

Uh oh. Krzyzewski’s grandson and Paulo Banchero arrested for DUI

That seems like the biggest do nothing job.

“Hey dad, I need you to show up to this event and shake some hands so we can raise money”

Duke has an endowment close to $13 billion. So yeah, I don't know if Duke necessarily needs to go around soliciting donors left and right. But, if you host 5-10 events a year, it's likely she and her team are likely to raise a few million.

But yes, overall, seems like a nice, cushy job that doesn't require a whole lot of stress. "Hey, so we're rich and all. But please listen, we need your help; we need your more money. Harvard be making us look bad."

Stick around long enough? Wtf are you talking about? Auburn’s athletic department made almost two times as much as duke’s did last year. Also a coach should never be bigger than the university. That’s not a positive thing. See what happen at penn st.
How long has your head football coach been there? Pearl? Baseball? Womens Hoops?

And Auburns athletics should make more than Dukes. You continue to prove what an idiot you are.

Thanks for the laughs folks. I make one comment to begin with and everyone piles on. As the great Sally Fields said, "you like me, you really really like me."

How long has your head football coach been there? Pearl? Baseball? Womens Hoops?

And Auburns athletics should make more than Dukes. You continue to prove what an idiot you are.
What dumbass point are you trying to make with lengths of coaches being there? These coaches aren’t leaving for other jobs. Auburn pays with the top of ncaa. We will fire coaches when they don’t perform. Your clown school just hired a dude thats not qualified to coach a small d3 school as it’s next basketball coach.

I would think if they saw that, they would have given Banchero a DUI.

Here is the statement about his charge:

Aiding and abetting a DWI in North Carolina can be charged when a person knowingly turns over their own vehicle to someone who is impaired or fails to prevent an impaired person from getting behind the wheel.
You make good points. I have no idea how any of that works, never been in this situation and I hope it stays that way.

New NIL Deal: Banchero and Savarino to appear on "Don't Drink and Drive" ad campaign.
Banchero will get off with nothing. Savarino will take one for the team as his future and life is secure. Plus he can’t really help duke win basketball games. In a year from now savarino will quietly get this off his record

The grandson won’t play this season. Banchero probably misses tonight and that’s it

What dumbass point are you trying to make with lengths of coaches being there? These coaches aren’t leaving for other jobs. Auburn pays with the top of ncaa. We will fire coaches when they don’t perform. Your clown school just hired a dude thats not qualified to coach a small d3 school as it’s next basketball coach.
Clown school? Now you look ******ed, not dumb.

Heck, you hired a cheater as a hoops coach who goes shirtless at womens college basketball games.

LOL at @Afamu in this thread. Both should be kicked off the team. Plenty of coach K fanboys in Durham would gladly drive around coach k’s drunkass grandson. Just dumb to ever drive drunk in today’s day and age

of course she is. Coach K is Duke university. The AD and president both work for him

Are players usually kicked off teams for a DWI? Are players usually kicked off the team for being in a car with someone who got arrested for a DWI?

And fund raising is a BIG deal for colleges. Like, hundreds of millions of dollars big deal. One of my very good friends is one of the people in charge for fund raising for Georgetown, and holy shit, the money she is involved with and the people she meets with... it is nuts. Having Savarino involved with Duke athletics and fund raising is not a shocking thing.

Self suspended Morningstar for a semester. Self suspended J Wilson 3 games. Might have helped coming off the heels of Fews suspension. Ive never heard of a passenger being charged unless its for an MIC.

Reactions: bignish
Clown school? Now you look ******ed, not dumb.

Heck, you hired a cheater as a hoops coach who goes shirtless at womens college basketball games.
LOL. Your school bought Zion. Gtfo with that cheating bs. Coach K gets a pass from the media but he is just as dirty as anyone else

Kids do dumb things. Should probably take away their practice gear for sure.

Are players usually kicked off teams for a DWI? Are players usually kicked off the team for being in a car with someone who got arrested for a DWI?

And fund raising is a BIG deal for colleges. Like, hundreds of millions of dollars big deal. One of my very good friends is one of the people in charge for fund raising for Georgetown, and holy shit, the money she is involved with and the people she meets with... it is nuts. Having Savarino involved with Duke athletics and fund raising is not a shocking thing.
A while ago UK had a zero tolerance, but they've changed it. No way to know for certain but it certainly pllayed a part in ruining Desmond Allison's life. One offense, and boom, gone.

god-damn.gif

Stupid ass kids.

I would expect some games to be missed. Not sure anyone is getting kicked off the team. A kid from Kansas (I think?) just got a DWI and missed 3 games. Mark Few got one and missed one game (although it is legal for him to drink, since he is over 21.)

Not just embarrassing, but STUPID. Every year mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers are killed through no fault of their own by stupid people who are CONVINCED that THEY can drive drunk, even if everyone else can't. Newsflash; nobody can drive drunk; it is only stupid ego that makes you think you can, and it is the same stupid ego EVERY SINGLE DRUNK PERSON has. Get an uber, or have a DD, or don't drink so much that you cannot drive. Your fun times isn't worth someone elses life.

Glad nobody got hurt. Both guys need a serious punishment, and both REALLY need to face the reality of what they COULD have done. Hopefully they learn from it.
I think if Savarino got a DWI he should be kicked off the team. Most Insider Boards believe he's the one that got COVID last year during the ACCT and caused the outbreak which caused Duke to forfeit from the ACCT.

Paolo merely getting a ride from Savarino probably is nothing more than a learning moment for him to be careful about the situations he gets himself into.

LOL. Your school bought Zion. Gtfo with that cheating bs. Coach K gets a pass from the media but he is just as dirty as anyone else
Still waiting on that proof of Zion being bought. And if you are the one with the proof on K and Duke cheating, please share with the class.

Probably his car and he let K's grandson drive despite drinking? No idea. I'm just here for the meltdown as usual by one Duke fan
Yep you're right, it was a 2017 Jeep Subaru registered to Paolo. It was Banchero's birthday on Saturday so I'm guessing he was letting on the others on the team drive for him since he probably was already or planning to get hammered which at least shows good judgment on his part.

He sat in the backseat too so at least he was cognizant that him driving would be an idiotic mistake. He probably didn't know about the NC aiding and abetting a DWI law like the vast majority of people.

A while ago UK had a zero tolerance, but they've changed it. No way to know for certain but it certainly pllayed a part in ruining Desmond Allison's life. One offense, and boom, gone.

I know I am not imagining this... didn't you guys have a kid who was on tape like, falling out of his car? For the life of me I cannot remember who it was... a tall white kid?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Yep you're right, it was a 2017 Jeep Subaru registered to Paolo. It was Banchero's birthday on Saturday so I'm guessing he was letting on the others on the team drive for him since he probably was already or planning to get hammered which at least shows good judgment on his part.

He sat in the backseat too so at least he was cognizant that him driving would be an idiotic mistake. He probably didn't know about the NC aiding and abetting a DWI law like the vast majority of people.

Y'all gave him a used car? Smh the standards for cheating really ain't shit

Y'all gave him a used car? Smh the standards for cheating really ain't shit
He used his NIL money duh, kid's clearly showing some financial discipline by not buying a brand new Escalade or something.

I know I am not imagining this... didn't you guys have a kid who was on tape like, falling out of his car? For the life of me I cannot remember who it was... a tall white kid?

Derek Willis was found lying in the middle of a road because he had drank too much iirc. Wasn't charged with a DUI though.

Derek Willis was found lying in the middle of a road because he had drank too much iirc. Wasn't charged with a DUI though.

Yes, that's the kid! Forgot his name. Was there actual video of him falling out of his car, or hanging out of it, or am I imagining that/confusing it with some other video I've seen?

Still waiting on that proof of Zion being bought. And if you are the one with the proof on K and Duke cheating, please share with the class.
So you think he declined 250k from Kansas to go to duke for free? Let me guess everyone else cheats but duke right? You are one of those types aren’t you. So dvkxibf delusional.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
So you think he declined 250k from Kansas to go to duke for free? Let me guess everyone else cheats but duke right? You are one of those types aren’t you. So dvkxibf delusional.
Once again, two people talking and one saying something does not make it true. If you have proof please provide it. Happy to listen or read any actual proof Duke paid him. Until then, you are just speculating.

Judging by the charge Paolo got, it's possible he was driving and switched seats when the cop pulled them over, but that's just a guess. If he did that, he might be in quite a bit more trouble.
Arrest warrant said he was in back seat

Reactions: kyjeff1
I remember Lawson got in trouble once for drinking under age. It wasn't a DUI but think he was charged with underage consumption or something. Had to do some community service or something like that.

No excuse for drinking and driving but he blew a point eight which is probably three or four beers.How many of you can honestly say they never drank three or four beers and drove when they were in college.Btw Banchero was in the backseat and was not sited for being drunk

ADVERTISEMENT