ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

You guys have 4 out of the 5. Whoever gets #2 can ask the next question.

1) 1996 UK
2) ????
3) 2009 UNC
4) 1990 UNLV
5) 2018 Villanova

I'll only list the ones I know for certain...

'39, '60, '61, '62, '99, '07, '12

3 conferences have had 4 consecutive years with 4 different teams in the Final Four (no repeat schools). Name one of those three sequences with all of the respective schools from the same conference.

One conference actually went 5 years in a row with 5 different schools from the same conference.

3 conferences have had 4 consecutive years with 4 different teams in the Final Four (no repeat schools). Name one of those three sequences with all of the respective schools from the same conference.

One conference actually went 5 years in a row with 5 different schools from the same conference.

Seriously **** this question.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Seriously **** this question.

Haha. Well, if you know your Final Four teams, you can find all three sequences from the past 30 years. And I will say that vacated appearances can still count for a sequence of four consecutive years.

Also, you only need to find one group of four.

Reactions: jhmossy
Haha. Well, if you know your Final Four teams, you can find all three sequences from the past 30 years. And I will say that vacated appearances can still count for a sequence of four consecutive years.

Also, you only need to find one group of four.

The no repeats is what is killing me.

Big East
2010 - West Virginia
2011 - UCONN
2012 - Louisville
2013 - Syracuse (but Louisville was also in it)

Big East
2010 - West Virginia
2011 - UCONN
2012 - Louisville
Yeah that’s the thing. I just found another one but there are other teams from the conference in one of the Final Fours.

Is there only supposed to be 1 team from that conference in each of these Final Fours?

Yeah that’s the thing. I just found another one but there are other teams from the conference in one of the Final Fours.

Is there only supposed to be 1 team from that conference in each of these Final Fours?

Idk man but this shit is hurting my brain lol

Reactions: schoonerwest
I couldn't even tell you who was in the final 4 last year other than Virginia and Texas Tech, let alone even make an attempt at this question.

Big East
2010 - West Virginia
2011 - UCONN
2012 - Louisville

12 - Ohio State
13 - Michigan
14 - Wisconsin
15 - Michigan State

Wisconsin made it in 2015 as well though.

These answers are both correct. Looks like Mossy was first. Big East also had Villanova in 2009, so it was 5 consecutive years.

When I say no repeats, it's okay if Louisville is in their twice, just don't use them twice in your answer. The other two correct answers...

1994- Florida
1995- Arkansas
1996- Mississippi State
1997- Kentucky (or 1993)

1999- Ohio State
2000- Wisconsin
2001- Michigan State
2002- Indiana

I actually missed the answer provided by schooner. So, there's actually four correct answers.

These answers are both correct. Looks like Mossy was first. Big East also had Villanova in 2009, so it was 5 consecutive years.

When I say no repeats, it's okay if Louisville is in their twice, just don't use them twice in your answer. The other two correct answers...

1994- Florida
1995- Arkansas
1996- Mississippi State
1997- Kentucky (or 1993)

1999- Ohio State
2000- Wisconsin
2001- Michigan State
2002- Indiana

I actually missed the answer provided by schooner. So, there's actually four correct answers.

I was very confused by the "no repeats". That makes more sense now.

Name the all-time scoring leader at UVA

You always seem to answer right before I do. Must be because you are on the east coast and I live in Alaska. I’ve got the time zone thing to deal with

I assume Stith is right because I don't know who else would reasonably fit that criteria from the late 80's/early 90's. Maybe John Crotty? I'll defer to you, if it is.

Reactions: JayhawkWriter
Since 1980 there have been 5 number one picks in the nba who did not come from a power five school (not counting international or high schoolers). Name them

Mark Aguirre, DePaul
David Robinson, Navy
Larry Johnson, UNLV
Allen Iverson, Georgetown (not a power 5 conference, right?)
Michael Olowokandi, Pacific

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Kenyon Martin, Cincinnati
Derrick Rose, Memphis

Haha so probably take Georgetown out since Ewing was also a #1 pick (and DePaul). Bogut was a part of the MWC at the time. Utah is now a part of the Pac 12. So, guess it depends on how you interpret it.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Mark Aguirre, DePaul
David Robinson, Navy
Larry Johnson, UNLV
Allen Iverson, Georgetown (not a power 5 conference, right?)
Michael Olowokandi, Pacific
I forgot DePaul wasn’t in the big east in 81 so there are actually 6. Georgetown is in the big east so they are wrong

johnson and Robinson and olowokandi are correct

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT