ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

Kenyon Martin, Cincinnati
Derrick Rose, Memphis

Haha so probably take Georgetown out since Ewing was also a #1 pick (and DePaul). Bogut was a part of the MWC at the time. Utah is now a part of the Pac 12. So, guess it depends on how you interpret it.
Your up

Reactions: dukedevilz
I'm tagging two other posters to join the fun on this one. @IUfanBorden @Kevin Bryan. This is one of my favorite trivia questions...

There are 75 schools among the current Power 6 schools. Who is the only Power 6 school to NEVER win a regular season conference championship.

Last edited:
Kenyon Martin, Cincinnati
Derrick Rose, Memphis

Haha so probably take Georgetown out since Ewing was also a #1 pick (and DePaul). Bogut was a part of the MWC at the time. Utah is now a part of the Pac 12. So, guess it depends on how you interpret it.
I can tell you all crap about Pat Ewing, but I would get banned.

I'm tagging two other posters to join the fun on this one. @IUfanBorden @Kevin Bryan. This is one of my favorite trivia questions...

There are 75 schools among the current Power 6 schools. Who is the only Power 6 school to NEVER win a regular season conference championship.
I'm guessing there are quite a few that have never won in their current conference. So I am guessing you mean they've never won a conference title in any conference they have been a member of?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I'm guessing there are quite a few that have never won in their current conference. So I am guessing you mean they've never won a conference title in any conference they have been a member of?

Correct. Rutgers, for example, has never won a Big Ten regular season title. But, they do have 5 regular season ships from the A-10. So, it doesn't matter where these conference championships are coming from... One school, almost inexplicably, has just never won a conference regular season title in the history of their program.

Correct. Rutgers, for example, has never won a Big Ten regular season title. But, they do have 5 regular season ships from the A-10. So, it doesn't matter where these conference championships are coming from... One school, almost inexplicably, has just never won a conference regular season title in the history of their program.
I'll say Ole Miss. The obvious answers would be Vandy and Northwestern, but I know they've won in the past.

But they won in shit conferences; otherwise, they are nothing.

I'll say Ole Miss. The obvious answers would be Vandy and Northwestern, but I know they've won in the past.

Ole Miss isn't necessarily correct, but only because of a technicality. Before 2012, the SEC had divisions. And sports-reference.com and coachesdatabase.com both give Ole Miss credit for winning a conference championship in 97, 98, and 01, for winning their division (even though the SEC East Champ always had a better record). I know of at least one other school like this. Winning a division title probably shouldn't carry as much weight.

Does everyone want to accept Ole Miss as an acceptable answer?

I could redefine the question as "has never won a regular season conference title - or division title."

Last edited:
Ole Miss isn't necessarily correct, but only because of a technicality. Before 2012, the SEC had divisions. And sports-reference.com and coachesdatabase.com both give Ole Miss credit for winning a conference championship in 97, 98, and 01, for winning their division (even though the SEC East Champ always had a better record). I know of at least one other school like this. Winning a division title probably shouldn't carry as much weight.

Does everyone want to accept Ole Miss as an acceptable answer?

I could redefine the question as "has never won a regular season conference title - or division title."
Both divisions are still within the same conference though. Best conference record wins the conference, and Ole Miss has never done it. The conference itself does not credit a conference championship for winning the division: https://www.secsports.com/article/12878811/mens-basketball-sec-champions
But now I am curious who the other school(s) is/are!

Both divisions are still within the same conference though. Best conference record wins the conference, and Ole Miss has never done it. The conference itself does not credit a conference championship for winning the division: https://www.secsports.com/article/12878811/mens-basketball-sec-champions
But now I am curious who the other school(s) is/are!

Right. So, I zipped through all of the schools on coachesdatabase.com and I wasn't trying to separate between division and conference titles. That website credits division titles as conference titles.

So, I do believe you are correct. And I know of at least one other school that has a division title - and no conference title. But, there is one school that has never won a division title or conference title, in the regular season.

Do you all want to keep guessing to find this one school?

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Right. So, I zipped through all of the schools on coachesdatabase.com and I wasn't trying to separate between division and conference titles. That website credits division titles as conference titles.

So, I do believe you are correct. And I know of at least one other school that has a division title - and no conference title. But, there is one school that has never won a division title or conference title, in the regular season.

Do you all want to keep guessing to find this one school?
Keep guessing. Maybe Providence?

I thought you meant the conference they were currently in. They've never won the Big East.
There are quite a few Big 6 programs that haven't won the conference they are currently in. Off the top of my head I don't think any of these have: Ole Miss, Mizzou, Texas A&M, Rutgers, DePaul, Nebraska, Utah. I am sure there are more too.

Sweeeeeeet. Who is the other team that has won a division, but not conference title?
Is it any of the 5 teams I mentioned above?

Washington State
Baylor
Ole Miss
Penn State
Boston College

Makes me wonder how long conferences have had divisions. Seems like a modern era thing.

Sweeeeeeet. Who is the other team that has won a division, but not conference title?

Is it any of the 5 teams I mentioned above?

Washington State
Baylor
Ole Miss
Penn State
Boston College

Makes me wonder how long conferences have had divisions. Seems like a modern era thing.

Washington State - 2 (last one was 1941)
Baylor - 5 (last one was 1950)
Ole Miss- 3 division titles (Kevin Bryan mentioned them already, however)
Penn State- 1 (1977)
Boston College- 4 Big East Titles

The other school with 1 division title, and no conference titles is Notre Dame. They won their division in 2001, but Boston College had the best overall record.

@Kevin Bryan, your move!

Washington State - 2 (last one was 1941)
Baylor - 5 (last one was 1950)
Ole Miss- 3 division titles (Kevin Bryan mentioned them already, however)
Penn State- 1 (1977)
Boston College- 4 Big East Titles

The other school with 1 division title, and no conference titles is Notre Dame. They won their division in 2001, but Boston College had the best overall record.

@Kevin Bryan, your move!
Who was a #1 seed in 3 straight tournaments, but failed to win a single game during that span?

Whoops! Hahahaha, my bad. I have been out of the loop for like 15 pages. This one has probably already been asked too....

Who was the last NCAAT Most Outstanding Player that played for a team that didn't win the title?

Pretty sure it was asked. The answer is Akeem Olajuwon on the men’s side and Dawn Staley on the women’s side. Kentucky fans would argue it’s Luke Hancock though

Name the most recent team that beat a 2 seed, 3 seed, and 4 seed in that order on their way to a Final Four

There’s only been one NCAA tourney in which the Final Four did not have a 1 or 2 seed. Name the Final Four teams in that tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT