ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

23 schools have atleast 30 appearances in the NCAA tournament.

Name those schools.
A guess....First, the obvious...

UK, Duke, UNC, UCLA, Kansas, Indiana.....

Others I am sure of....

UL, Syracuse, MSU, Arizona, Purdue, Illinois...

Guesses.....

Villanova, Gtown, Temple, Notre Dame, OSU, Cincy, Kansas State, Michigan, UConn, St. John's and.....I dunno, Marquette.

As soon as I post, I will look it up...:D

23 schools have atleast 30 appearances in the NCAA tournament.

Name those schools.
I looked it up just now...Not bad at all)for me). i was surprised to say the least with who I missed, and who was on the list. Two schools I never would have guessed. A school I missed,was a school I damn near put in the "for sure list".

Fun question.

I can't count to 23! GEEZE.

I can count to ten:

Kentucky
North Carolina
Kansas
Duke
UCLA
Indiana
Ohio State
St. Johns
Podunk U.

Syracuse
Bold are wrong answers.

Your score is 4.
I looked it up just now...Not bad at all)for me). i was surprised to say the least with who I missed, and who was on the list. Two schools I never would have guessed. A school I missed,was a school I damn near put in the "for sure list".

Fun question.
I don’t feel like doing your score so I’ll just give it to you. Seems like you got most of them.

You’re up.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Bold are wrong answers.

Your score is 4.

I don’t feel like doing your score so I’ll just give it to you. Seems like you got most of them.

You’re up.
I was shocked to see Texas on the list---34 NCAAT's. I was surprised that Temple was not on the list. They were the school I felt very confortable with.

But Texas at 34 NCAAT's was quite surprising..

One Shining Moment was originally slated to used for what sporting event?

Name the school with the most NCAA appearances that hasn’t won a championship

Wow. I missed out on a lot of questions today. Well played, everyone.

There are a few schools that I would consider for this question. All with 30+ tournament appearances... I'll say Texas for now.

Wow. I missed out on a lot of questions today. Well played, everyone.

There are a few schools that I would consider for this question. All with 30+ tournament appearances... I'll say Texas for now.

It's not Texas

That’s correct. 36 appearances for ND, 34 for Texas. You’re up!

You didn't use my 50 Greatest Programs of All-Time database for researching that question did you? :D

John Wooden won 10 national titles at UCLA. Seven of those titles his teams were ranked #1 before the start of the NCAA Tournament. Which three schools had the honor of being ranked #1, ahead of UCLA in the polls during the Wooden years, where UCLA ended up winning it all?

You didn't use my 50 Greatest Programs of All-Time database for researching that question did you? :D

John Wooden won 10 national titles at UCLA. Seven of those titles his teams were ranked #1 before the start of the NCAA Tournament. Which three schools had the honor of being ranked #1, ahead of UCLA in the polls during the Wooden years, where UCLA ended up winning it all?
Kentucky in Issel's senior year and I think Jacksonville U. beat UK and UCLA went ahead a won out.

Indiana before UK beat them 92-90 to end their undefeated season.

I have no idea on the third one unless I cheat.

Edit: okay Houston is the third. Also UK beat Houston that year in the regular season if my old mind is working right.

Kentucky in Issel's senior year and I think Jacksonville U. beat UK and UCLA went ahead a won out.

Indiana before UK beat them 92-90 to end their undefeated season.

I have no idea on the third one unless I cheat.

You are correct. Kentucky was #1 in 1970.

So, we have Houston and Kentucky down. The other instance occurred in 1965, if that helps.

Wyoming
Montana
North Dakota
South Dakota
Hawaii
Alaska
Maine
Vermont
Idaho
New Hampshire
Nebraska
Wyoming won the 1943 title but the rest are correct.

Missouri is the 11th state (LOL).

You're up!

Edit - Actually New Hampshire is wrong as well. Can't think of the other off the top of my head so go ahead.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Finally!

What non power five team has the best home court winning percentage, but with a MINIMUM of 20 years in their current building.

And go!

Wyoming won the 1943 title but the rest are correct.

Missouri is the 11th state (LOL).

You're up!

Edit - Actually New Hampshire is wrong as well. Can't think of the other off the top of my head so go ahead.
I doubt Rhode Island has sent anyone to a FF. Who from NH has been to a FF?

Finally!

What non power five team has the best home court winning percentage, but with a MINIMUM of 20 years in their current building.

And go!

Originally I thought Gonzaga. But, that seems too obvious. I don't think The Kennel is 20 years old. When you say non-power five, are you including the Big East? If I can use the Big East, I'll say Xavier. If not, I'll say BYU.

Rhode Island had Providence in '87. Dartmouth is in NH. The other missing state is Delaware.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Originally I thought Gonzaga. But, that seems too obvious. I don't think The Kennel is 20 years old. When you say non-power five, are you including the Big East? If I can use the Big East, I'll say Xavier. If not, I'll say BYU.

Rhode Island had Providence in '87. Dartmouth is in NH. The other missing state is Delaware.
Ohhh, Delaware!! Duh... that should have been the most obvious! Laughing

Reactions: dukedevilz
Dartmouth has been to 2.

Rhode Island has had schools make 2 appearances. I don’t know them off the top of my head. I’m just looking at a wiki page for these results and it doesn’t list the schools.

Dartmouth has been to 2.

Rhode Island has had schools make 2 appearances. I don’t know them off the top of my head. I’m just looking at a wiki page for these results and it doesn’t list the schools.
Yeah, I forgot about Dartmouth since it was forever ago. Providence for RI, like @dukedevilz said, but I can't think of any other team. URI has never been.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT