ADVERTISEMENT

THE PORTAL Sucks and Other Thoughts

usmcbrutus

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
The Portal is the devil and it will ultimately cause NCAA athletics, all sports to crumble! That's just my opinion, which believe me will come to fruition!!! That out of the way, lets talk Keriisa. He STUNK!!!!! He couldn't defend, he couldn't shoot and was a turnover machine. However, he was touted as one of the best point guards in the portal???? Battle was a shit show as well. TRUST but verify! We obviously were remiss with concerns to the verify. We could not have done our due diligence. They, once again, STUNK! I could not be happier that they are gone! The portrait of NCAA sports is similar to a Jackson Pollack painting. A f-ing mess!
I am cautiously optimistic with our new coach, who seems to see the benefit of building a team with high school talent first and, of course looking to the portal, (no matter how much it sucks), to fill in the holes on the roster. Although, loyalty is a trait that has disappeared in todays society. As a recruiter, I believe that would be my primary concern. Give me five 3 star kids that are unselfish, loyal, can play within a my system, and have a sense of pride in the school the represent, and two, maybe three 3*+ players and I like my chances. Of course then the coach takes over!!! Have a "system" and recruit players that will fit into your "system". Obscure thought, but, look at the success of Coach Jim Crutchfield. OBTW, don't give me shit about DIV I being the difference. “Do or do not. There is no try.” YODA!
Semper Fi

NHKZ.gif

ADVERTISEMENT