ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

What P5 school today is currently experiencing the longest streak of no NCAA tournament appearances since their last one?

Bonus if you list what year they last made it.

Who is the all-time leading scorer for Texas?
Man, I really only know their history since 2000 or so. They've had a ton of great players since then but most of them left early for the draft and the ones who stayed all 4 years definitely weren't huge scorers as underclassmen.

Just a wild guess, and probably way way way wrong, but I'll say AJ Abrams.

Man, I really only know their history since 2000 or so. They've had a ton of great players since then but most of them left early for the draft and the ones who stayed all 4 years definitely weren't huge scorers as underclassmen.

Just a wild guess, and probably way way way wrong, but I'll say AJ Abrams.

This guy played in the 90's. Only very briefly played in the NBA.

Abrams was a fun player. Watched him up close, and saw him drill 8 3-pointers in a first round game against Minnesota.

Reactions: schoonerwest
AJ Abrams actually is a real estate agent in Williamson County right now.
Making bank in Round Rock.

Abrams is up there with Travis Mays.

Actually is Terrence Rencher
Has a couple hundred more than the other guys.

Second favorite NYC player behind Royal Ivey for Texas.

Reactions: schoonerwest
AJ Abrams actually is a real estate agent in Williamson County right now.
Making bank in Round Rock.

Abrams is up there with Travis Mays.

Actually is Terrence Rencher
Has a couple hundred more than the other guys.

Second favorite NYC player behind Royal Ivey for Texas.
That’s correct.

The way this works is you now ask the board a question and we use the honor system to try and answer it. No googling allowed except for research if it’s necessary.

Adam morrison. Although if you ask anyone they will tell you Perry Ellis player at ku with wilt, Danny, and last year as well

Sure. I was just waiting for somebody to say his name but instead I got likes. Lol.

He's up or you're up.

I'll go ahead and ask away... two-part question

March 10th, 1979 is commonly referred to as Black Sunday in the state of North Carolina. This was the first time in tournament history where seeds were assigned by the tournament committee. UNC and Duke were the 1 and 2 seeds in the East Region, respectively. Both had a huge advantage playing their first game of the tournament just down the road in Raleigh. Both schools lost. Who defeated UNC and Duke in the 1979 tournament?

Because you can essentially win a question off one answer, I'm going to throw in another question. That way, you need at least two correct answers to secure the win. Michigan State won the title in 1979. What 1 seed did they take down in the regional final?

I'll go ahead and ask away... two-part question

March 10th, 1979 is commonly referred to as Black Sunday in the state of North Carolina. This was the first time in tournament history where seeds were assigned by the tournament committee. UNC and Duke were the 1 and 2 seeds in the East Region, respectively. Both had a huge advantage playing their first game of the tournament just down the road in Raleigh. Both schools lost. Who defeated UNC and Duke in the 1979 tournament?

Because you can essentially win a question off one answer, I'm going to throw in another question. That way, you need at least two correct answers to secure the win. Michigan State won the title in 1979. What 1 seed did they take down in the regional final?
Who defeated UNC and Duke in the 1979 tournament?

Indiana State

Michigan State won the title in 1979. What 1 seed did they take down in the regional final?

Notre Dame

Who defeated UNC and Duke in the 1979 tournament?

Indiana State

Michigan State won the title in 1979. What 1 seed did they take down in the regional final?

Notre Dame

Notre Dame is correct.

UNC and Duke didn't lose to Indiana State, however. They both lost on the same day, in the same venue in back-to-back games. So, two different schools took down UNC and Duke.

The team that beat UNC is an Ivy League school. The team that beat Duke is in the top 10 for all-time wins. The two victorious schools ended up playing each other in the regional finals. Pretty impressive for a 9 seed and 10 seed.

Of the championship teams that played 6 NCAA games, name the 5 teams (with year they won) with the largest point differential during the NCAA tournament. 1 point for each correct answer and -1 for every wrong answer.

Bonus points if you can rank them or tell me the total point differential

Of the championship teams that played 6 NCAA games, name the 5 teams (with year they won) with the largest point differential during the NCAA tournament. 1 point for each correct answer and -1 for every wrong answer.

Bonus points if you can rank them or tell me the total point differential
1996 Kentucky
2007 Florida
2018 Villanova

Reactions: jhmossy
I feel like UNLV in 1990 may have been up there. But, everyone on this board is currently ahead of me, so kind of a moot point.

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT