ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

Rick Pitino then year after they won it all in 86.

edit: never mind, misread the question.

Al McGuire. I remember reading about this and laughing my ass off
Correct sir....I read probably the same story...Funny as fuk. Al declined the NCAA bid because of Marquette's placement...Wen to the NIT, and won the damn thing..Laughing

You are up.

Reactions: jhmossy
Since expanding to 64 teams, name the three schools to win a NCAA tournament game as a 20 point or more underdog. Extra points for naming the school they beat.

Since expanding to 64 teams, name the three schools to win a NCAA tournament game as a 20 point or more underdog. Extra points for naming the school they beat.
Quick guess:

Hampton(Iowa State)
Santa Clara(AZ)

And well, That one team that beat UVA....?

Its gotta be one of the rare 15 vs 2 upsets?

Last dart at the board

When sparty lost to mtsu?

edit: I can’t remember if it was mtsu that Denzel valentine led MSU Spartans lost to.

And I thought the "lol" in my post gave it away that I knew you were kidding.

L
O
L
I missed it....Didn't notice until after I posted...But thought---"J" know better than that...Dudes a bigger clown than I am.

I should have known better.

My bad...

UConn's womens team is 1, 2 and 3 in winning streaks: 111 straight...90 straight and 70..

Who has the 4th longest?

BTW, thanks for the idea, Schooner..

Kinda funny in retrospect the Santa Clara game really wasn't even that much of an upset. They had the best player on the court by far.
Who? Santa Clara? Steve Nash? He wasn't close to the best player, then...He was locked down that night; 1-8 shooting---10 points on 8-10 from the FT line. Now sure, he became the best player over time.

But not that night.

And that was a HUGE upset. Santa Clara wasn't that good: 19-12. Had to win the WCC tourney to even get in...they where HUGE underdogs...I mean shit, from late in the 1st haf, to early in 2nd half, AZ went on a 25-0 run...Went from 12 down,to 13 up.

Then dude from Santa Clara went bezerko. And it wasn't Nash.

Off the mark with this one, brother..

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Wow. I missed all of those questions last evening? Seems like the pace is typically really slow.

UConn's womens team is 1, 2 and 3 in winning streaks: 111 straight...90 straight and 70..

Who has the 4th longest?

Baylor?

I’ll go with Louisiana Tech. They were a powerhouse in the 1980’s so I’m sure they steamrolled right through most of the regular season.

Who? Santa Clara? Steve Nash? He wasn't close to the best player, then...He was locked down that night; 1-8 shooting---10 points on 8-10 from the FT line. Now sure, he became the best player over time.

But not that night.

And that was a HUGE upset. Santa Clara wasn't that good: 19-12. Had to win the WCC tourney to even get in...they where HUGE underdogs...I mean shit, from late in the 1st haf, to early in 2nd half, AZ went on a 25-0 run...Went from 12 down,to 13 up.

Then dude from Santa Clara went bezerko. And it wasn't Nash.

Off the mark with this one, brother..

Damn, I guess I always just assumed that Nash carried the day. In my defense I have smoked a whole lot of marijuana in the decades since that game and my memory betrays me all the time.

No worries, just going to adjust my foggy memory a bit and from now on I'm just gonna assume it was Atlanta Hawks head coach Lloyd Pierce who led the way in that game.

I don't participate in questions about broads.

edit: unless its about Tamika Catchings since my wife was friends with her in grade school.

I don't participate in questions about broads.

edit: unless its about Tamika Catchings since my wife was friends with her in grade school.
Is it bad I read your statement as I don’t participate in questions about boards? I was thinking.....when the hell did we start talking about lumber?

Reactions: WeAreDePaul

Who has the 4th longest?

If it’s not one of the ones mentioned I’m going with Oklahoma or rutgers

Name the 5 schools since 1985 that started the tournament ranked #1 and then went on to win the NCAA tournament.

Hint - AP, UPI, or USA Today polls all count. Had to be #1 in atleast one of them.

Last edited:
Here's what I'll say...

1992- Duke
1996- Kentucky
2000- Michigan State
2007- Florida
2009- UNC

I don't think Michigan State was preseason #1. I also seem to remember 1990 UNLV and 2004 UCONN though. That would make six teams so maybe one of them is wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT