ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

You didn't know Ratliff went to Wyoming? Yeah, I don't make stuff up like that :)

Okay, I think I might struggle with this. Is the player sharing the cover with anyone else? Are they a well known player?

Josh Davis played in the NBA. It wasn't him, was it? Can't think of any other Wyoming guys off the top of my head that played in the league. Justin James was drafted last year, but not sure how much time he even saw on the court.

He's on the cover solo. He did play in the NBA, but was terrible and didn't last long. Was a big deal in college though.

From your clues, I knew I wasn't getting the answer. So I looked - and yeah, never heard of him. I was aware that Wyoming had several good years during that decade, as I tracked them in my database of greatest programs of all-time. I just didn't know who the players were.

I didn't watch college basketball until 1993. So, that obviously doesn't help.

Cheated and yup never would have gotten the answer.

I cheated as well
shopping

I guess I'm showing my age cause I really remember Fennis Dembo. He was a big deal (as evidenced by the SI cover), but it turns out he was just a typical mid major tweener lighting up bad competition. He was terrible in the NBA.

Looks like I get another one since I stumped you guys. This should be a lot easier.

Name the all time leading scorer in Memphis Tigers history?

im gonna guess Larry Finch. I think it has to be someone from their 70's team as i don't think Chris Douglas Roberts stayed all four years.

I guess I'm showing my age cause I really remember Fennis Dembo. He was a big deal (as evidenced by the SI cover), but it turns out he was just a typical mid major tweener lighting up bad competition. He was terrible in the NBA.
Didn't see the question....But man, Fennis was a baller....I remember watching him vs , I think UCLA.....Torched them for like 40...Had I believe 30 vs Vegas in the SW 16.

THose were the days....:D

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Looks like I get another one since I stumped you guys. This should be a lot easier.

Name the all time leading scorer in Memphis Tigers history?
Hell with it...I'm answering...THis one is a gimmie...

Bad ass mudderfcker too....

Keith Lee..

Me and you about the same age? First you rolling out some Fennis....Now Keith.Winking

Keith Lee..

Me and you about the same age? First you rolling out some Fennis....Now Keith.Winking

Keith Lee is correct of course. And I agree, very easy question for us old dudes. He also leads all time in rebounds and blocked shots.

We must be close. I turn 50 in a month. Started following CBB in the early 80s with DePaul season tickets in 1980, but then got really obsessed with it on a national level in 1985.

Keith Lee..

As a bulls fan I can’t believe I didn’t get that. We drafted lee and traded him to Cleveland for Charles Oakley. The 85 & 86 drafts really pissed me off as a bulls fan. We needed a power forward and drafted a center and traded for Oakley, an undersized power forward. In that draft we could have drafted Karl Malone, a bruiser power forward almost 3”2 inches taller than oak. Then in the 86 dale aft we could have had Johnny Dawkins and the bulls drafted freaking brad sellers. Finally got it right in 87 but imagine a bulls team with Jordan, Malone and Pippen. They would have been unstoppabull

Reactions: IUfanBorden
As a bulls fan I can’t believe I didn’t get that. We drafted lee and traded him to Cleveland for Charles Oakley. The 85 & 86 drafts really pissed me off as a bulls fan. We needed a power forward and drafted a center and traded for Oakley, an undersized power forward. In that draft we could have drafted Karl Malone, a bruiser power forward almost 3”2 inches taller than oak. Then in the 86 dale aft we could have had Johnny Dawkins and the bulls drafted freaking brad sellers. Finally got it right in 87 but imagine a bulls team with Jordan, Malone and Pippen. They would have been unstoppabull
Malone on the Bulls would have been down right unfair...

Keith Lee is correct of course. And I agree, very easy question for us old dudes. He also leads all time in rebounds and blocked shots.

We must be close. I turn 50 in a month. Started following CBB in the early 80s with DePaul season tickets in 1980, but then got really obsessed with it on a national level in 1985.
I turn 48 in July; the 3rd.....Started following hoops, with interest, in 1981...Lee was a monster in college..Just didn't pan out in the NBA.

I turn 48 in July; the 3rd.....Started following hoops, with interest, in 1981...Lee was a monster in college..Just didn't pan out in the NBA.

DUDE, my birthday is July 3, 1970!

Do you agree its the best birthday you can possibly have of all the days of the year? I never had to check the calendar at the start of the year to see when my birthday fell cause the next day was always a day off. Also, there's always fun stuff to do on the 3rd, usually parties, festivals, fireworks. And you're six months away from December so you don't get screwed on presents. And the weather is usually great.

DUDE, my birthday is July 3, 1970!

Do you agree its the best birthday you can possibly have of all the days of the year? I never had to check the calendar at the start of the year to see when my birthday fell cause the next day was always a day off. Also, there's always fun stuff to do on the 3rd, usually parties, festivals, fireworks. And you're six months away from December so you don't get screwed on presents. And the weather is usually great.
Crazy.....I was born in 1972. I missed the 4th by 11 minutes; Born at 11:49.

Dude, its probably the best birth date possible...Only ting that did suck, was I never got a b-day party in grade school...But as you said, just a great day to have a birthday...Always shit going on...And as we got older, i.e. drinking age---shit got 100x's better. What is great for me, is my wifes parents always get me something...They also always have a 4th of July gathering. And that is when they'd give me my present---Always someting IU, with a BassPro gift card... So the more we had, the more my wifes relatives realized the 3rd was my birthday..So they'd start asking her, "what does Borden, like". She's like---anything to do with fishing. DUDE...I get more shit now then I did when I was 10...Laughing

I grew up in Deerfield during that time so I was a massive Bulls fan as well. I still remember being at my buddy's house how mad we got when they drafted Sellers over Dawkins.

I grew up in Deerfield during that time so I was a massive Bulls fan as well. I still remember being at my buddy's house how mad we got when they drafted Sellers over Dawkins.
Sellers was just a terrible pick...

Sellers was just a terrible pick...
When you look at the bulls drafting history....outside of 84 and 87 they pretty much sucked ass. Bj Armstrong wasn’t a bad pick up and technically we got him for brad sellers (traded sellers to Seattle for the pick that became Armstrong). Krause was terrible at evaluating talent. Lee, sellers, Stacy king, will Perdue. Total scrubs.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I lived in Hoffman estates and then moved to mokena (smaller town outside Joliet). Jordan was championing hard for Dawkins. But Krause didn’t listen to him (plus Jordan wasn’t JORDAN yet so he didn’t quite have the pull). Not that Dawkins was great....but he was shot ton better than freaking sellers.

I lived in Hoffman estates and then moved to mokena (smaller town outside Joliet). Jordan was championing hard for Dawkins. But Krause didn’t listen to him (plus Jordan wasn’t JORDAN yet so he didn’t quite have the pull). Not that Dawkins was great....but he was shot ton better than freaking sellers.

Not to mention all the late 1st round gems he picked up during the title years like Jason Caffey, Dickey Simpkins and Mark Randall.

Oh what a glorious time to be a Bulls fan especially at our ages. I was lucky enough to experience MJ pretty much during my entire prime as a sports fan. He came to Chicago when I was 14 and they won their last championship when I was 28. I don't think there's ever a time in your life where sports mean more to you than that period of teenage to young adult. I was an active participant in 6 championship riots, back then we didn't break and steal shit when we rioted, we mostly just commandeered and danced on top of CTA buses with 50 of our closest friends lol.

Not to mention all the late 1st round gems he picked up during the title years like Jason Caffey, Dickey Simpkins and Mark Randall.

Oh what a glorious time to be a Bulls fan especially at our ages. I was lucky enough to experience MJ pretty much during my entire prime as a sports fan. He came to Chicago when I was 14 and they won their last championship when I was 28. I don't think there's ever a time in your life where sports mean more to you than that period of teenage to young adult. I was an active participant in 6 championship riots, back then we didn't break and steal shit when we rioted, we mostly just commandeered and danced on top of CTA buses with 50 of our closest friends lol.
I am a couple years younger than you (born in 73) but yeah I was 11 when Jordan burst on the scene. With sports channel and wgn, got to watch almost all the bulls games back then. Was a senior in high school when they won their first title. Good time to be In Chicago as a sports fan. The bears won in 85, the Sox and cubs were decent, blackhawks were in the Stanley cup finals and the bulls were starting to dominate.

Name the first coach to win Naismith COY....

Bonus...Name the only coach to win Naismith COY, at three different schools..

These should be easy...

this one was too easy
1. Bob Knight (obviously Indiana
2. Calipari..Umass, Memphis and Kentucky
It was....My mind is warped....Running like crazy...Stressed. I just hurried. Plus, forgot is was my turn...So had to get a question out there, before @dukedevilz put me on the clock, again...Laughing

Edit: Oh, BTW, as you know---YES, those are the correct answers.

Note: Like how I got me some IU and UK, in an answer, though?Winking

Reactions: JayhawkWriter
Who was the Last NCAA player to average 30 or more points per game for their career.

Good guess but he did not average 30 for his whole career
I won't guess again.....Gonna look it up, though. TBH, I thought Hawkins was the winner...As a senior, dude was unreal..I looked him just now, and saw where he only averaged 14 and 18 as a frosh/soph...But 27 and 36 as a junior/senior.

I won't guess again.....Gonna look it up, though. TBH, I thought Hawkins was the winner...As a senior, dude was unreal..I looked him just now, and saw where he only averaged 14 and 18 as a frosh/soph...But 27 and 36 as a junior/senior.
I actually thought it might have been trae young. But he fell just short. Hawkins was a beast for Bradley his senior year but didn’t do much his first two years. Still scored over 3000 points in his career

I actually thought it might have been trae young. But he fell just short. Hawkins was a beast for Bradley his senior year but didn’t do much his first two years. Still scored over 3000 points in his career
Hawkins as a Jr/Sr was insane....A dude that just missed was jackson, at LSU....Avg. 30 as a forsh....28 as a soph.

Reactions: JayhawkWriter
I've been away from this thread for a while. Been doing housework, running errands, and spending time with the fam.

Alphonso Ford? Idk. Might be time for another question. I think you probably stumped us on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT