ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Season Thread

I was busy being Papa Ghost today. BUT, it’s time. Time to put my PG “Kiss the Cook” grilling apron on. Time to clean and prep my grill before Wednesday. Time to double check my seasonings and make sure my egg wash is good to go. It’s time for:

15551465088_4cffc7bd12_b.jpg

Yep. You Gamecocks are not just getting fried yardbird. Y’all are getting the ENTIRE Tennessee asswhipping experience. Enjoy!
Noted.

Chalk me up on team Cocks and their vulgar threads. This board is better when they're good.

When a team, say UT is having a good year, no offense UT fans, but you're not on the Cock level. Arkansas, UF, etc. Not on the same level.
I'm sure everyone has chalked you up to team cocks long ago.

• Haha
Reactions: treyforuk
There could be an outright champion or up to five teams sharing the regular-season crown. Here’s how that could happen: Tennessee loses out, Alabama and South Carolina split their games and Auburn and Kentucky win out, which would leave each team at 13-5. It's one helluva conference and should be even better next year with the addition of Texas and Oklahoma. Hopefully those new teams don't pull a Mizzou and stink for years on end.

Last edited:
I know that LSU is a good ways behind those top 5 teams but they have beaten two of them. Really like what McMahon has done and the way they are playing right now is much better than I had anticipated. They need some real help to possibly get in but not counting them totally out just yet. They could be pretty decent next year with a few more players.

• Haha
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I can't wait and I hope you're doing well. I know the last couple months have been hard on you but you also know there are many who stand behind you come what may. You're one of the best my friend!
Appreciate the kind words. I’m getting used to unexpected things starting the waterworks. Took one of Barbara’s parrots to the vet last week. Just sitting in the waiting room brought back memories of us waiting on one of her three birdie babies. I teared up and the staff trying to comfort me just made it worse. But 15 minutes later, we were laughing and joking about each parrot having their own personality!

Appreciate the kind words. I’m getting used to unexpected things starting the waterworks. Took one of Barbara’s parrots to the vet last week. Just sitting in the waiting room brought back memories of us waiting on one of her three birdie babies. I teared up and the staff trying to comfort me just made it worse. But 15 minutes later, we were laughing and joking about each parrot having their own personality!
Man, did your wife pass?

This past December. The day by day stuff is getting better, but the unexpected stuff still gets me.
Man I am sorry. I know there is nothing that can be said to take away the pain. But Im truly saddened to hear this.

Not the same, but lost my father in September. And like you, its the "unexpected stuff"---For example, just a couple days after he passed, sis and I were making eggs, and we both just broke down----Dad loved eggs. And loved cooking them with us, and for us. And he always bitch---"Thatt not how you make them, baby boy"!!! After a brief shower, we both just looked at one another, started laughing...

Hang in there man. Our condolences.

Edit: "brief shower", as in, "crying". Not an actual shower with my sister. Nott that there's anyhitng wrong with that.

No worries, friends. She went into hospice on a Sunday, and passed away the next Thursday. The Death Angel came for her as a friend, and for that, I am grateful.

But, I am at the point where smiling is mixed in with the sadness. Told a friend the other day that supposedly, a divorce is like a death. No. I’ve experienced both. NO comparison!

My nephew in law had me laughing over the weekend. “So, Unc. How does it feel to be a seal? Female polar bears waiting for you to come out of the water. Female orcas ready to grab you in the water. Good luck!”

No worries, friends. She went into hospice on a Sunday, and passed away the next Thursday. The Death Angel came for her as a friend, and for that, I am grateful.

But, I am at the point where smiling is mixed in with the sadness. Told a friend the other day that supposedly, a divorce is like a death. No. I’ve experienced both. NO comparison!

My nephew in law had me laughing over the weekend. “So, Unc. How does it feel to be a seal? Female polar bears waiting for you to come out of the water. Female orcas ready to grab you in the water. Good luck!”

Wishing for peace for you brother.

There could be an outright champion or up to five teams sharing the regular-season crown. Here’s how that could happen: Tennessee loses out, Alabama and South Carolina split their games and Auburn and Kentucky win out, which would leave each team at 13-5. It's one helluva conference and should be even better next year with the addition of Texas and Oklahoma. Hopefully those new teams don't pull a Mizzou and stink for years on end.

Actually no. Didn't you get the memo it was a 2 team race in the SEC?

Nah, in all seriousness it's been a fun year to watch. I still wish games were a bit less home team dominant though.

Awesome job, Dennis Gates! Only 1 game away from perfection.
I actually like Dennis. Coming out of time outs they have run and execute great plays...which says a lot about his coaching. I think his team just isnt gelling kinda like some of the super teams that dont gel and get bounced by a senior laden gel team.

I actually like Dennis. Coming out of time outs they have run and execute great plays...which says a lot about his coaching. I think his team just isnt gelling kinda like some of the super teams that dont gel and get bounced by a senior laden gel team.
I think he’s a clown.

ADVERTISEMENT