ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Vandy - NCAA chances?

Friedas_Boss

Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Team
Vanderbilt
We’re a weird case because we’ve won 8 of 9 down the stretch in SEC play (Ole Miss, @Florida with Castleton, UTjr, @Carl’s Jr, Auburn, Florida, @UK, Miss St) but didn’t start to play at a high level until SEC play.

We did beat Pitt but other than winning at Temple, our pre conference performance was weak (7-6).

Most who have watched Vandy feels like we’ve played like a top 25 team during SEC play (11-7 playing Bama, UTjr, UK and UF twice, at Mizz and at aTm so tough SEC schedule).

Do they have a chance and what do they have to do to make Dayton?

I think win first game and close game against UK gives us a chance. Beat UK and are probably in.

Thoughts?

What sucks is a lot of these bubble teams won't get in because of upsets in the mid major conference tournaments. You guys might have to win the SECT. But you should definitely be considered if you win 2 games.

I think we’re right on the bubble. The NET is screwing us because it doesn’t value winning and that 57 pt loss at Bama is equivalent to five ten point losses.

Then on NET metrics are in our favor. The eye test is in our favor.

Not sure what happens.

I think we’re right on the bubble. The NET is screwing us because it doesn’t value winning and that 57 pt loss at Bama is equivalent to five ten point losses.

Not sure what happens.
Think you need to beat UK to have a chance. I'd wish you luck, but I wouldn't want to show any bias.

They beat UK the last time on the proverbial trap game. Coming off a high from pounding Auburn to looking at Arkansas coming up. Then Cason goes down. Vandy played a really good game and desreved the win.

I think this time is going to be different. You got our guys full attention. UK is focused on this one. If you win today, you should be in the tournament. But and that's a big BUT lol

We'll see how Jacob responds. He took the Vandy loss bad and placed it squarely on his shoulders. Should be interesting and fun day.

Vandy fans, I think Stackhouse is a good coach. His personality may hold him back on the recruiting trail. But if he can start bringing in a higher calibre of player, watch out SEC.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
I really wish Vandy could make it in, totally outplayed Kentucky the last time they met. As bad a game as I've seen Kentucky play all year (and that's saying a lot!), then lost Wallace for the game - recipe for disaster for the 'Cats. Shame Vandy is also without their big guy.

I wish we weren't playing again this soon because they probably won't let Vandy in the NCAAT unless Vandy wins the SECT. Maybe they get in if they make the championship game, but you can't leave anything to chance with the selection committee

Not sure what happens.

Um......57 pt loss?

They should be disqualified based on that game alone. Good God, dude, Virginia can't even score 57 points in a game.

Vandy/UK game is a fun watch right now. That was a fun 10 minutes of basketball. Refs swallowed the whistle and it felt like they played through two tv timeouts.

Conference tourneys are nonsense.

What was the point of the regular season?

Teams that are locked in the tourney don't really give a shit.

Desperate teams beating unmotivated teams doesn't do shit for me.

I'd honestly rather they expanded the tourney to 256 teams and just get rid of the conference tourney.

• Haha
We’re a weird case because we’ve won 8 of 9 down the stretch in SEC play (Ole Miss, @Florida with Castleton, UTjr, @Carl’s Jr, Auburn, Florida, @UK, Miss St) but didn’t start to play at a high level until SEC play.

We did beat Pitt but other than winning at Temple, our pre conference performance was weak (7-6).

Most who have watched Vandy feels like we’ve played like a top 25 team during SEC play (11-7 playing Bama, UTjr, UK and UF twice, at Mizz and at aTm so tough SEC schedule).

Do they have a chance and what do they have to do to make Dayton?

I think win first game and close game against UK gives us a chance. Beat UK and are probably in.

Thoughts?
I"m an early to bed early riser. GG Vandy fans.

We left too many points at the line and you all didn't. Good luck the rest of the way.

Didn't watch last night's games but that are this years A&M. A team that's playing at a tournament level now but will get left off because of early season games.

• Sad
They better keep winning. The NCAA selection committee is probably not going to let them in if they don’t win the SECT.

• Sad
As much as I want to be pissed, it boils down to us missing open shots.
The coaching gave players shots. hell FT were wide open.

One of those nights.
Yeah, Vandy got every look the wanted. Layups, 3’s. Not UK’s best night. I think Vandy belongs in the tourney. Not even mad they beat us. I’m so over this team. Or expecting any different next season either. I WANT to. I just don’t. This season has been one big edging session.

Yeah, Vandy got every look the wanted. Layups, 3’s. Not UK’s best night. I think Vandy belongs in the tourney. Not even mad they beat us. I’m so over this team. Or expecting any different next season either. I WANT to. I just don’t. This season has been one big edging session.
I'm ready to explode but waiting to see the results of NCAAT.
Maybe next offseason.

Conference tourneys are nonsense.

What was the point of the regular season?

Teams that are locked in the tourney don't really give a shit.

Desperate teams beating unmotivated teams doesn't do shit for me.

I'd honestly rather they expanded the tourney to 256 teams and just get rid of the conference tourney.

They are pretty pointless. Always cracks me up when fans act like it’s more important than the conference season.

They beat UK the last time on the proverbial trap game. Coming off a high from pounding Auburn to looking at Arkansas coming up. Then Cason goes down. Vandy played a really good game and desreved the win.

I think this time is going to be different. You got our guys full attention. UK is focused on this one. If you win today, you should be in the tournament. But and that's a big BUT lol

We'll see how Jacob responds. He took the Vandy loss bad and placed it squarely on his shoulders. Should be interesting and fun day.

Vandy fans, I think Stackhouse is a good coach. His personality may hold him back on the recruiting trail. But if he can start bringing in a higher calibre of player, watch out SEC.

larry-david-hmmm-okay-y8e544hhor9dz484.gif

What a genius concept. Bubble teams can't bitch, conferences and TV get their money. No one watches those shit low major tourneys, not even sickos. Sorry NIT, you've been cancelled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT