ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Season Thread

We will need to bring our “A” game to have a chance. Santi and James can’t no show like last night and Ziegler can’t be sloppy.
It’s tough to win in that gym. It'll be interesting to see how Oats tries to defend Knecht and Aido. They’ll put length on Ziegler I'm sure.
It will be a great game to watch as a neutral observer.
I'm also interested in the MSU @ Auburn, Fla @ usc, KU @ Baylor and Marquette @ Creighton games.
Looks like it's another Saturday of me getting absolutely nothing accomplished at home. 😁

I have degrees from both Auburn and Indiana
....you should give them back. They're obvious forgeries. Aside from your constant butchering of the English language, you are made to look like a compete imbecile by anyone you try to argue with on this board. It's truly astonishing that you just don't get it. Your takes are stupid. Your opinions are ridiculous. You'd be better off on a AU or IU (whatever your flavor of the week is) home board.

Last edited:
....you should give them back. They're obvious forgeries. Aside from your constant butchering of the English language, you are made to look like a compete imbecile by anyone you try to argue with on this board. It's truly astonishing that you just don't get it. Your takes are stupid. Your opinions are ridiculous. You'd be better off on a AU or IU (whatever your flavor of the week is) home board.
I am sorry you have wrong opinions

It comes after. Borden trying to move goalpost after being wrong as always
You really are stupid.😂
You simply bit off more than you can chew. Watch the video sweety. Tell me, how many whistles you hear?

You hear one.

Fukin idiot. Please quit announcing younhabe w degree from Indiana. Please.

You really are stupid.😂
You simply bit off more than you can chew. Watch the video sweety. Tell me, how many whistles you hear?

You hear one.

Fukin idiot. Please quit announcing younhabe w degree from Indiana. Please.
as always the referee/umpire cant ever admit he is wrong. hilarious

our interior defense has plagued us all year, multiple post guys have gone off on us. Tolu, Bacot, Broome, the Texas AM guy, BJ Mack

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
our interior defense has plagued us all year, multiple post guys have gone off on us. Tolu, Bacot, Broome, the Texas AM guy, BJ Mack
Because UT defends out beyond the 3 point line. Barnes is taking away the 3 ball.

Watch UK's perimeter defenders, they set up inside the arch to take away drives, but we give up the 3 way too easily.

Pick your poison.

Because UT defends out beyond the 3 point line. Barnes is taking away the 3 ball.

Watch UK's perimeter defenders, they set up inside the arch to take away drives, but we give up the 3 way too easily.

Pick your poison.
One of the two. Yet UK gets more fouls called for fouling the three point shooter than any other team in the NCAA.

One of the two. Yet UK gets more fouls called for fouling the three point shooter than any other team in the NCAA.
Yeah, because instead of hedging, our guards are tasked with playing help defense in the paint, then they have to run as hard as they can at shooters to defend and that’s just a rescipe for disaster.

You are over stating things. We have a B+ interior defense. Auburn has an elite interior defense. No team is the best of every element of the game. Barn’s interior defense was not enough to make up for other aspects of our team even though we weren’t clicking on all cylinders.

You do realize we out rebounded Auburn.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABVolsFan92
Hip hip hooray for coach Cow!
baby-hip-hip-hooray.gif

It’s tough to win in that gym. It'll be interesting to see how Oats tries to defend Knecht and Aido. They’ll put length on Ziegler I'm sure.
It will be a great game to watch as a neutral observer.
I'm also interested in the MSU @ Auburn, Fla @ usc, KU @ Baylor and Marquette @ Creighton games.
Looks like it's another Saturday of me getting absolutely nothing accomplished at home. 😁
One thing is for sure, y'all got a cakewalk with Arky. Arky is pitiful. This game is in the bag.

One thing is for sure, y'all got a cakewalk with Arky. Arky is pitiful. This game is in the bag.
Well, we played most of our tough games already. @Auburn, @Florida, @MSU, @South Carolina, @LSU etc…

It's nice to have Arkansas and Vanderbilt for our next two.

Well, we played most of our tough games already. @Auburn, @Florida, @MSU, @South Carolina, @LSU etc…

It's nice to have Arkansas and Vanderbilt for our next two.
Yeppers, you have got it made and we have it to make.

Yeppers, you have got it made and we have it to make.
Yeah, 'cept we lost a couple at home we shouldn't have. Had Florida beat, but missed a free throw and there she wrote.
We got them in Gainseville, so that helps.
There's only one more game we really need to make up for. 👹

Yeah, 'cept we lost a couple at home we shouldn't have. Had Florida beat, but missed a free throw and there she wrote.
We got them in Gainseville, so that helps.
There's only one more game we really need to make up for. 👹

If you want to play that game. Here is a preview.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That’s hilarious. Did someone video game last night's game? Those three plays look familiar.
I thought it was funny too. That was last night's game in video game style.

I thought it was funny too. That was last night's game in video game style.
That is so cool. Love the baseline dunk where he hyped up the crowd.
I'm not sure how you guard that guy. Auburn got him into foul trouble and that still didn't stop him.

That is so cool. Love the baseline dunk where he hyped up the crowd.
I'm not sure how you guard that guy. Auburn got him into foul trouble and that still didn't stop him.
Auburn played hard and never gave up. Knecht is just special.

@della if we for whatever reason lost out do you think we'd still be a 2 seed? It's crazy to think about we'd fall possibly to the 6 seed in the SEC but all of those games are Quad 1 it'd be hard to see them dropping us

@della if we for whatever reason lost out do you think we'd still be a 2 seed? It's crazy to think about we'd fall possibly to the 6 seed in the SEC but all of those games are Quad 1 it'd be hard to see them dropping us
No, because our competition to finish out is all Quad 1 teams. Zona lost and we won, but it didn't move the meter. So, I doubt it would move the meter the other direction too. I would say our floor is #3 seed if we lost out and the SECT.

We are in a position to be a #1 seed, but we will need to beat the bammers, UK and SCAR. IMO

No, because our competition to finish out is all Quad 1 teams. Zona lost and we won, but it didn't move the meter. So, I doubt it would move the meter the other direction too. I would say our floor is #3 seed if we lost out and the SECT.

We are in a position to be a #1 seed, but we will need to beat the bammers, UK and SCAR. IMO
We were done no favors with our schedule IMO. We have already proven ourselves and Zona, UNC, Purdue, Houston and UConn have like 2 Q1 games combined left on their schedules we have 3. By seasons end we will have 20 Q1/2 games out of 31 on our schedule. We shouldn't have to prove it anymore

We were done no favors with our schedule IMO. We have already proven ourselves and Zona, UNC, Purdue, Houston and UConn have like 2 Q1 games combined left on their schedules we have 3. By seasons end we will have 20 Q1/2 games out of 31 on our schedule. We shouldn't have to prove it anymore
I'd argue we did ourselves a favor with the schedule. We can prove without a doubt that we should be a #1 seed with 3 more wins. ;)

Agreed. Purdue has played 18 Q1/Q2 games already, which is among the most in the country, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
If Florida slides back to Q1 we will have 14 Q1 games at the end of the season, I think that will be the most of anyone in the nation

Two big time games tomorrow with Florida at Carolina and Tennessee at Alabama. Could decide the SEC title. UK still hoping to win out and clinch a share. State at Auburn is also a big time matchup

ADVERTISEMENT