ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Season Thread

Maybe we can blame the officiating on gas prices, also?

JFC..... SmokinSmile

I have to assume you wtched? USC took a lot of quick, deep three's. They settled. Very little driving.
I'm just saying I see it happening with teams in those scenerios. Driving to the basket when it's a physical game the percentages aren't always that great. That's all I'm saying.

Maybe we can blame the officiating on gas prices, also?

JFC..... SmokinSmile

I have to assume you wtched? USC took a lot of quick, deep three's. They settled. Very little driving.
I wasn't complaining about the refs but sometimes if you have a solid D, shooting up the first open three that's available is your best statistical bet. Especially against really good rim protecting teams.

I'm just saying I see it happening with teams in those scenerios. Driving to the basket when it's a physical game the percentages aren't always that great. That's all I'm saying.
Naaaah-----that's not what you said. But I get it.

Before I got into college officiating, I was "that guy, that fan", too. Then after working for 10+ years, understanding the in's and outs---plus having the knowledge of what legal guarding position is, etc---my tune changed.

I watch games much differently than probably anybody on here.

And look, not saying officials aren't inconsistent, miss calls, etc, etc---Of course that happens. Dudes are human after all. Its just not as bad as the common fan thinks.

Always happy to answer any questions.

• Angry
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I'm telling, whoever draws Arkansas in the SECT, is going to hate playing them. Be happy if you win. They waited until now to play up to their potential.
Every year with them....Come late Feb/March, they just become a different monster.

Would want no part of this team on a neutral floor.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Every year with them....Come late Feb/March, they just become a different monster.

Would want no part of this team on a neutral floor.
I am glad to see they gave Alabama everything they wanted and it wasn't just UK.
What sucks is, you lose to them now, the metrics don't care that they're playing better at this moment.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Before I got into college officiating, I was "that guy, that fan", too. Then after working for 10+ years, understanding the in's and outs---plus having the knowledge of what legal guarding position is, etc---my tune changed.

And look, not saying officials aren't inconsistent, miss calls, etc, etc---Of course that happens. Dudes are human after all. Its just not as bad as the common fan thinks.

The only issue I had on that game was not seeing a clear replay on one of the shot clock violations that was overturned. And maaaybe Knecht getting a star treatment call or two which isn't anything out of the ordinary. Guy is flat out good.

The only issue I had on that game was not seeing a clear replay on one of the shot clock violations that was overturned. And maaaybe Knecht getting a star treatment call or two which isn't anything out of the ordinary. Guy is flat out good.
I get that, too. I get mad when they wont show a replay, or a better angle.

NOTE: Also know that what we see, isn't always what the crew is seeing.

Reactions: 954gator

I'm telling, whoever draws Arkansas in the SECT, is going to hate playing them. Be happy if you win. They waited until now to play up to their potential.
Plus, if you post them up, they try to put their hard pecker up your butt.

Kentucky giving the game away to UTk.
no-shit.gif

I wasn't complaining about the refs but sometimes if you have a solid D, shooting up the first open three that's available is your best statistical bet. Especially against really good rim protecting teams.
I have Borden on hide so I don't know what he said, but he does not understand the sport. Don't worry about Borden. He is an official. He protects his profession.

Reactions: JC for 3 and RR30
Just now vs vandy not only two phantam calls to keep em in it. Then when we're inbounding the ball on last play there's a phantom stop of play as we're running it to talk to Stackhouse. A review of an out of bounds call with no replay shown. Clear tip in called goaltending, just the whole game the narrative is all about big Vandy upsets and graduation day. Garbage game with garbage officials.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Just now vs vandy not only two phantam calls to keep em in it. Then when we're inbounding the ball on last play there's a phantom stop of play as we're running it to talk to Stackhouse. A review of an out of bounds call with no replay shown. Clear tip in called goaltending, just the whole game the narrative is all about big Vandy upsets and graduation day. Garbage game with garbage officials.
Well Pat Adams was in Starkville.

Good ole Ugly Orange, Ugly Orange Tenn uhh seee. Takin that L on senior night, For shame.
What it takes to beat UT in Knoxville:

Out shoot them 46% to 38%
Out shoot them from the three 52% to 33%
Out rebound them 42 to 37
Better free throw shooting even though you get far less 16 to 13

Even with this you can barely win. Plus I did not mention the refs that were bought and paid for. Some thing in life never change.

Kentucky has to be 10 points better than Tennessee to ever win. The SEC is one crooked conference. Tennessee was protected.

Hell Tennessee was protected in their last win against South Carolina.

Cmon man! I wish I could get a clip of the official giving away our inbounds play tho, that's even more hilarious.

• Wow
Reactions: Montana81
What it takes to beat UT in Knoxville:

Out shoot them 46% to 38%
Out shoot them from the three 52% to 33%
Out rebound them 42 to 37
Better free throw shooting even though you get far less 16 to 13

Even with this you can barely win. Plus I did not mention the refs that were bought and paid for. Some thing in life never change.

Kentucky has to be 10 points better than Tennessee to ever win. The SEC is one crooked conference. Tennessee was protected.

Hell Tennessee was protected in their last win against South Carolina.
If the SEC gave points for whining ass fans, UK would be unbeatable. You whine even when you win.:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT