ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Season Thread

Kentucky's roster stresses me out a little. I look at all the dudes they've got, and I think, "Well, who the heck do you even bench?!"

Calipari has the projected #3 and #5 picks this year (according to new mock on DX) and they've started a grand total of 6 games combined this year. I hate Cal with a passion lol

Calipari has the projected #3 and #5 picks this year (according to new mock on DX) and they've started a grand total of 6 games combined this year. I hate Cal with a passion lol

Yeah, I'm with you. Wagner and Thiero are nice players and still deserve playing time, but not sure I'm crazy about them getting starter-ish minutes at the expense of Sheppard and Dillingham. The latter two need 30+ minutes a night. Super-efficient!

Yeah, I'm with you. Wagner and Thiero are nice players and still deserve playing time, but not sure I'm crazy about them getting starter-ish minutes at the expense of Sheppard and Dillingham. The latter two need 30+ minutes a night. Super-efficient!
Too late to change it now.

I think Edwards has turned the corner, but starting DJ and Edwards over two lottery picks, is something only Calipari would do. Over the last 5+ years, this is Cal, this is what he does. He either makes promises, or he plays favorites, either way, he'll lose games before he ever gives in and even then, he still won't change. He proved that during the 9-16 season (20/21).

Reactions: Random UK Fan

Not a problem with Thiero starting at the 4. He is a killer athlete and solid player overall. No reason Wagner and Edwards should be starting game after game though. It puts the team in a hole every night.

Dilly
Sheppard
Reeves
Edwards or Thiero
Pick a big (Z)

That is a killer lineup. Three monster guards, a solid small ball 4 and 3 different style centers. Z is the one with the most upside so I went with him.

Not a problem with Thiero starting at the 4. He is a killer athlete and solid player overall. No reason Wagner and Edwards should be starting game after game though. It puts the team in a hole every night.

Dilly
Sheppard
Reeves
Edwards or Thiero
Pick a big (Z)

That is a killer lineup. Three monster guards, a solid small ball 4 and 3 different style centers. Z is the one with the most upside so I went with him.
Agreed. I like this lineup!

Tennessee is a tough team and Knecht is the best player that I have seen in College ball this year.

Congrats on Tennessee's 12th SEC Title.
11th? I think they're tied with LSU for 2nd most. Anyway, I came here to post the same thing. It's not an easy conference title to win.

Congrats Vols fans.

*During halftime of the UK vs. Vanderbilt game. SEC Network said 11. and was tied for 2nd with LSU

Then there's this from wiki

UT 11

Untitled.png

Bama 12

Untitled.png

LSU 11

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Riddle me that Batman:

Tennessee is playing at South Carolina. Tennessee gets 22 free throws; South Carolina gets 10 free throws.

If I were a USC fan I would be pissed. The officials must be on Tennessee's payroll.
Go read the thread that was created for you. "Duke/UK 1966".

Riddle me that Batman:

Tennessee is playing at South Carolina. Tennessee gets 22 free throws; South Carolina gets 10 free throws.

If I were a USC fan I would be pissed. The officials must be on Tennessee's payroll.
The wide margin was noticed.

Just not one to blame the refs. Cocks just played too poor in the 1st half.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
If we ever got that kind of free throw advantage in a conference road game…well…south carolina wouldn’t be the only cocks getting beaten that night.

Okay that was bad. I’m gonna go now
The Cocks played poor because the Vols Defense strangled them.

Riddle me that Batman:

USC settled for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many three's/jumpers. On the other hand, TN attacked the rim. Lots of offensive rebounds to----leading to fouls.

Its usually good to actually watch the game

• Haha
Reactions: della
USC settled for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many three's/jumpers. On the other hand, TN attacked the rim. Lots of offensive rebounds to----leading to fouls.

Its usually good to actually watch the game
I suppose we got home court advantage. Oh wait, we were play in Columbia.

• Haha
Reactions: IUfanBorden
Chicken or the egg though? When you drive to the basket get roughed up a few times with no call teams end up jacking more 3s.
Maybe we can blame the officiating on gas prices, also?

JFC..... SmokinSmile

I have to assume you wtched? USC took a lot of quick, deep three's. They settled. Very little driving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT