ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Season Thread

It shows SEC decided to spend some money on basketball.

It's nice you focused on UK though.

Now we just need them to win something in March instead of celebrating conference wins.

How much does an average SEC fan care about ACC/Big12/Big Ten conference wins or rankings?

Surely one of these teams cares about a title. Is UK the last SEC team to win a National Championship? Hard to believe.

SEC is almost as bad as the Big10.

A bunch of teams who celebrate conference wins.
Who is the most recent SEC team to a final 4 again?

Well, there certainly is much more parity now than ever, but that makes it harder on everybody.

If Baylor can win a title, there is no reason UK couldn't. UK still puts a massive amount of effort into their program.
There is 300+ reasons why UK can't, but that is true for everyone else too.

There is 300+ reasons why UK can't, but that is true for everyone else too.
So, here's my point, in any given year, who has had more talent than UK?

When you look at all of UK's losses the last 12 years, who had more talent than UK? 18/19 duke? Sure. Who else?

You would have a point if UK wasn't more talented than 99% of the teams they have played.

I get that parity is out there, well, what that means is the talent is more spread out, but UK has a huge talent advantage every year.

So, the problem is not parity when it comes to UK, it's the head of operations.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

When you look at all of UK's losses the last 12 years, who had more talent than UK? 18/19 duke? Sure. Who else?

You would have a point if UK wasn't more talented than 99% of the teams they have played.

I get that parity is out there, well, what that means is the talent is more spread out, but UK has a huge talent advantage every year.

What you're failing to acknowledge is that Fr talent doesn't necessarily trump experience.

some of UK's talent has been severely overrated though as well

What you're failing to acknowledge is that Fr talent doesn't necessarily trump experience.
Huh? That's what I have been saying for years.

The thing is, Cal's program works great for those that stay more than 1 year and the handful that have stayed 3 and 4 years, have turned into phenominal players.

I would guess that about 90% of UK players only stay 1 year. That’s why UK isn't winning. Cal is not coaching fir titles, he’s coaching for draft picks.

Heck, even duke hangs on to more players, do you think Filipowski stays for 2 years at UK? Nope.

Fact is, UK is still the best at getting talent and if you can get talent into your program, you have an advantage and even after Cal leaves, UK will get talent easier than any other school out there. That’s just a fact.

some of UK's talent has been severely overrated though as well
Oh yeah, no doubt. The step up to college is massive and that’s why I hate this one-and-done crap. I'm so done with it.

But for every BJ Boston and Khalil Whitney, there is a Reed Sheppard and Tyler Herro. There's also a bunch of Wall, Fox, Monk, Randle, Towns, Bledsoe, Maxey and Dillingham type players.

The issue is, these 5* kids are 5 star kids becauae they have height, length, athleticism and potential. But they have holes in their games, holes that only get ironed out through a lot of development.

Cal is going to waste this team. This is an ultra elite team offensively, but if he doesn't fix this awful defense, this talent will be wasted again. But he'll be happy, there are 6 or 7 draft picks on this team.

Huh? That's what I have been saying for years.

The thing is, Cal's program works great for those that stay more than 1 year and the handful that have stayed 3 and 4 years, have turned into phenominal players.

I would guess that about 90% of UK players only stay 1 year. That’s why UK isn't winning. Cal is not coaching fir titles, he’s coaching for draft picks.

Heck, even duke hangs on to more players, do you think Filipowski stays for 2 years at UK? Nope.

Fact is, UK is still the best at getting talent and if you can get talent into your program, you have an advantage and even after Cal leaves, UK will get talent easier than any other school out there. That’s just a fact.
Yes, but that means UK only has a potential talent advantage and not an actual talent advantage. Since these Fr. leave in a year they never actualize their talent potential.

Yes, but that means UK only has a potential talent advantage and not an actual talent advantage. Since these Fr. leave in a year they never actualize their talent potential.
And that’s only due to the culture Cal created.

Thing is, UK will always get talent, it's what the coach does with it that counts.

There are only a few schools that have the advantages UK has and while parity is a big part of college basketball now, I still think UK will get back to it ince the culture has been restored to what it once was.

And that’s only due to the culture Cal created.

Thing is, UK will always get talent, it's what the coach does with it that counts.

There are only a few schools that have the advantages UK has and while parity is a big part of college basketball now, I still think UK will get back to it ince the culture has been restored to what it once was.
I don't know if Cal created it or if he was forced to do it.

I don't know if Cal created it or if he was forced to do it.
At UK? No, that’s 100% on Cal. He created it and he refuses to stop.

Now, having said that, he has a team this year that, if he coached them, could win the whole thing. But he keeps playing dudes that bring very little to the table, just because they HAD NBA draft positions.

If he gets the defense figured out, this could be one of his best teams. I've never seen a Cal team score like this.

kY has always had support from the administration and the donors.
most of the conference members have really increased support in the last several years the league has upgraded coaching staffs and other support, and KY has competition they didn’t have before.
Embrace your history, as a Bama fan we embrace our football history, but we love being at least in the conversation in the basketball realm since Nate Oats arrived.
You don't even remember C. M. Newton's great teams at Alabama?

Reactions: winin11
At UK? No, that’s 100% on Cal. He created it and he refuses to stop.

Now, having said that, he has a team this year that, if he coached them, could win the whole thing. But he keeps playing dudes that bring very little to the table, just because they HAD NBA draft positions.

If he gets the defense figured out, this could be one of his best teams. I've never seen a Cal team score like this.
They might leave if he got tough with them.

They might leave if he got tough with them.
You can't tell everyone you’re a players first program, then get tough on them.

Being players first, gets you held hostage by hs kids you're recruiting. They all talk, so you have to cater to the kids you have to get the ones you want.

And don't get me started on the handlers. Klutch sports tells Cal how it's going to be. They told Cal he wasn't allowed to play Schaedon Sharpe, told Cal not to play Chris Livingston at the PF (4) position and as you can see, Edwards is still in the starting lineup. All Klutch kids. It's a constant ass kissing situation and the kids these days, have their hands out and if they don’t get what they want from you, they'll go to whoever will.

You can't tell everyone you’re a players first program, then get tough on them.

Being players first, gets you held hostage by hs kids you're recruiting. They all talk, so you have to cater to the kids you have to get the ones you want.

And don't get me started on the handlers. Klutch sports tells Cal how it's going to be. They told Cal he wasn't allowed to play Schaedon Sharpe, told Cal not to play Chris Livingston at the PF (4) position and as you can see, Edwards is still in the starting lineup. All Klutch kids. It's a constant ass kissing situation and the kids these days, have their hands out and if they don’t get what they want from you, they'll go to whoever will.
Any links to the last paragraph?

please don't say KSRadio. I guess you live there so you have more ppl closer to the program than I do here.

LSU gonna wax UT in their own arena tonight !! Doh just kidding they gonna destroy us and the refs won't help either so that's an extra 20 right there lol !

• Haha
Any links to the last paragraph?

please don't say KSRadio. I guess you live there so you have more ppl closer to the program than I do here.
All these things were brought to light by Tucker and Pilgrim (the Klutch stuff) and the fact that Sharpe didn’t play and Livingston only played the 4 on a few possessions, tells me those things are true.
Why is Edwards still starting?
As far as the recruits talking to current players and getting what they want, you would have to go through their twitter comments and really, just follow the recruitments of these players, listen to their interviews and watch what they do.

Who is the most recent SEC team to a final 4 again?
AUBURN.

Now when was Auburn's first final 4?

How many final fours did Kentucky make before your worthless asshole team ever made it?

How many titles did UK win before Auburn ever made the big dance?

Auburn in basketball is a loser. Kentucky in basketball is a winner.

Sorry loser.

AUBURN.

Now when was Auburn's first final 4?

How many final fours did Kentucky make before your worthless asshole team ever made it?

How many titles did UK win before Auburn ever made the big dance?

Auburn in basketball is a loser. Kentucky in basketball is a winner.

Sorry loser.
A better question for Auburn and South Carolina fans is… when was your last title game appearance?
Heck, anybody can win their bracket, but what did you do when you got there?

Bammers vs the Barn is a big SEC match up tonight

SEC now has a 4 way tie at the top and kentucky is not a part of it. LOL

Usl Championship Soccer GIF by Oakland Roots SC

• Haha
A better question for Auburn and South Carolina fans is… when was your last title game appearance?
Heck, anybody can win their bracket, but what did you do when you got there?
Unfortunately we lose

I think there is a real chance the Cocks end up with the SEC crown but that Tennessee ends up with the 4th 1 seed. If we go 7-2 in our final 9 and win a game in the SEC tournament I think 25-8 is good enough to garner the 4th 1 seed after Purdue,UConn, and Houston

ADVERTISEMENT