ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Season Thread

Yeah, well, y'all didn’t hit the f-ing wide open 3 today, you hit it Wednesday night though. Typical. Assholes. 😂
Listen it wasn't Wake Forest ref bad, but 20-2 FTs in the second half is pretty bad lmao.

Gamecocks are good but I can't help but think the NCAA investigation had our team a bit confused tonight. Players are probably wondering what's going to happen to our AD and how it could affect the basketball team and Barnes
Right, and they worried about our soldiers over seas. Listen to yourself man. That’s nuts

This Auburn Ole Miss game is incredible. Never in a million years did I think I'd be saying that about these two shit programs.
idiot kentucky fans have been in denial about the SEC since about 2018. Far more teams care about basketball now and we have just as much money as UK has. If not more. The days of UK doninating the SEC are in the past. i have been telling your dumb fanbase this for awhile. I would honestly take 4-5 other coaches in the SEC now over calipari

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
idiot kentucky fans have been in denial about the SEC since about 2018. Far more teams care about basketball now and we have just as much money as UK has. If not more. The days of UK doninating the SEC are in the past. i have been telling your dumb fanbase this for awhile. I would honestly take 4-5 other coaches in the SEC now over calipari
Auburn > Indiana. That is all that really matters.

Listen it wasn't Wake Forest ref bad, but 20-2 FTs in the second half is pretty bad lmao.
Florida got screwed by Texas A&M.

However, Florida as a rule can't hit free throws or threes, but against UK they were gold.

EDIT: I need to expand on what I said in this post:

Against Kentucky Florida shot out their asses from the three, season average is 33.7%, against Kentucky they shot 42.9%. Florida can't shoot free throws, for the season it is 69% against Kentucky they shot 81.8%. The problem is that KY against Florida shot only 64.7% of their free throws. If Kentucky hit their normal average then Kentucky wins.

More fouls called on Florida than UK but still Florida gets more free throws. Thank god for SEC officiating. Strange things happen with a refs whistle in the SEC

Last edited:
Reactions: 954gator
GFmumROXgAA-rW5

• Love
This speaks to the point that UK/Cal are not fighting on the same ground you use to be playing in. It is much more difficult post 2017.

It also shows that the SEC has added a lovely Orange flora to itself. Most becoming!

This speaks to the point that UK/Cal are not fighting on the same ground you use to be playing in. It is much more difficult post 2017.

It also shows that the SEC has added a lovely Orange flora to itself. Most becoming!
It shows SEC decided to spend some money on basketball.

It's nice you focused on UK though.

Now we just need them to win something in March instead of celebrating conference wins.

How much does an average SEC fan care about ACC/Big12/Big Ten conference wins or rankings?

Surely one of these teams cares about a title. Is UK the last SEC team to win a National Championship? Hard to believe.

SEC is almost as bad as the Big10.

A bunch of teams who celebrate conference wins.

Last edited:
It shows SEC decided to spend some money on basketball.

It's nice you focused on UK though.

Now we just need them to win something in March instead of celebrating conference wins.

How much does an average fan care about ACC/Big12/Big Ten conference wins or rankings?

Surely one of these teams cares about a title. Is UK the last SEC team to win a National Championship? Hard to believe.

SEC is almost as bad as the Big10
I focused on UK because that is where the angst is at the moment. Conference games matter, big games matter and they always have. Now Conference games matter more and big games matter more because things are tougher.

I focused on UK because that is where the angst is at the moment. Conference games matter, big games matter and they always have. Now Conference games matter more and big games matter more because things are tougher.
I get it's where your angst is at the moment.

Still doesn't do the conference any favors when UK is still carrying the load. Out of these decent teams, you'd think after all the bragging and boasting they'd produce something of substance.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I get it's where your angst is at the moment.

Still doesn't do the conference any favors when UK is still carrying the load. Out of these decent teams, you'd think after all the bragging and boasting they'd produce something of substance.
Maybe you should reconsider how much substance y'all actually produced back in the day when you had the advantage of the Southeast to choose and pick from? It was a lot less daunting by then.

Regardless, the way it is now is the way it is. So, we all have to survive, flourish or fail on the field we reside in.

Yeah, UK 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 03, 05, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15 and 16 probably stood no chance of being ranked post 2017.

Please turn your sarcasm meter on prior to reading this post.

UK's problems aren't the program, the problems begin and end with a coach that was once on top of the world, but has turned into a narcissist that doesn't understand he can’t win big in today’s game with rental players and high school kids that currently only have potential. He's still trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Same thing is going to happen to Barnes and Pearl. One day, the game will pass them by, but due to past success, the schools will refuse to replace them.

You have to hope that Barnes wins big before the game passes him by.

Maybe you should reconsider how much substance y'all actually produced back in the day when you had the advantage of the Southeast to choose and pick from? It was a lot less daunting by then.

Regardless, the way it is now is the way it is. So, we all have to survive, flourish or fail on the field we reside in.
I feel like UK did take advantage of the times throughout it's history.

I mean, there's only one school out of 360+ that has more national titles and you could take all non UK SEC teams, add their total SEC league titles together and STILL not equal what UK has. You’re trying to make it seem like UK isn’t that far ahead of everyone else, but they are.

Also, it's not like UT hasn’t been trying. I hear stories about Coach Mears (sp?) And Earnie & Bernie. That wasn't just yesterday, UT has been hunting UK for many decades now. Most of the other SEC programs have been trying and trying hard, they just didn't get the job done.

Look at KU, IU and uNC. Those are/were blue bloods, but UK is ahead of all of them and they have been all in on basketball as long, or longer than UK.

It’s jist not as easy as most people think it is.

Yeah, UK 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 03, 05, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15 and 16 probably stood no chance of being ranked post 2017.

Please turn your sarcasm meter on prior to reading this post.
Any of those teams would have face harder comp today

UK's problems aren't the program, the problems begin and end with a coach that was once on top of the world, but has turned into a narcissist that doesn't understand he can’t win big in today’s game with rental players and high school kids that currently only have potential. He's still trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Same thing is going to happen to Barnes and Pearl. One day, the game will pass them by, but due to past success, the schools will refuse to replace them.

You have to hope that Barnes wins big before the game passes him by.
It’s really more about expectations. We are thrilled with Barnes.

I feel like UK did take advantage of the times throughout it's history.

I mean, there's only one school out of 360+ that has more national titles and you could take all non UK SEC teams, add their total SEC league titles together and STILL not equal what UK has. You’re trying to make it seem like UK isn’t that far ahead of everyone else, but they are.

Also, it's not like UT hasn’t been trying. I hear stories about Coach Mears (sp?) And Earnie & Bernie. That wasn't just yesterday, UT has been hunting UK for many decades now. Most of the other SEC programs have been trying and trying hard, they just didn't get the job done.

Look at KU, IU and uNC. Those are/were blue bloods, but UK is ahead of all of them and they have been all in on basketball as long, or longer than UK.

It’s jist not as easy as most people think it is.
Of course y’all took advantage of the times who could blame you, but the times have changed.

You have never heard me go on about people of the past. So, I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Of course y’all took advantage of the times who could blame you, but the times have changed.

You have never heard me go on about people of the past. So, I have no idea what you’re talking about.
What would 'the times' have to do with anything? Every other program in the SEC were there to compete. It's not like they weren't trying.

Reactions: kyjeff1
What would 'the times' have to do with anything? Every other program in the SEC were there to compete. It's not like they weren't trying.
Yes, it is like they weren't trying. They kept mediocre coaches forever, they didn't make a concerted effort to bring their CBB to a high level. That is not the case anymore.

kY has always had support from the administration and the donors.
most of the conference members have really increased support in the last several years the league has upgraded coaching staffs and other support, and KY has competition they didn’t have before.
Embrace your history, as a Bama fan we embrace our football history, but we love being at least in the conversation in the basketball realm since Nate Oats arrived.

Any of those teams would have face harder comp today
And they all would have won the league, I have no doubt about that.

But still, every school had the same opportunities as UK. They all put 5 players on the court for the last 100 years, they were trying to win, they just didn't.

The problem with UK right now, is the idiot in charge. It would be different if the other blue bloods weren't winning.

It’s not like there's some new era out there where blue bloods can't compete. I feel like that's what you're saying.

It’s really more about expectations. We are thrilled with Barnes.
Trust me, if you had past success, that would change everything about how you feel right now.

Once a fanbase tastes success, the expectations jump. It happens to every fanbase that has witnessed winning at the highest level.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not putting you, UT, or your fanbase down, but until you taste a FF, or a title, you're going to temper your expectations.

Maybe I misunderstood. In this quote from you, it looks to me like you're saying UK didn’t do all that much when the competition wasn't as great. Tell me where I'm mistaken. I apologize if I'm misunderstanding.

Della said:
"Maybe you should reconsider how much substance y'all actually produced back in the day when you had the advantage of the Southeast to choose and pick from? It was a lot less daunting by then."

Yes, it is like they weren't trying. They kept mediocre coaches forever, they didn't make a concerted effort to bring their CBB to a high level. That is not the case anymore.
Maybe UK was just that much better at that time. UCLA had Wooden. Duke had K, uNC had Smith, IU had Knight, KU had Naismith and Williams… UT had Ray Mears, was he not any good?

Heck, some might say it was harder to win the title back then. You had to win the league to get into the tournament, that’s more difficult than it is right now.

UK didn’t do much in the 70's (1 title). Nothing in the 80's, dominated the 90's, nothing in the 2000's.

I mean, everyone else had plenty of opportunities. It’s not like UK, UCLA, uNC, duke, IU and KU just steamrolled everyone, they lost games and had bad seasons just like everyone else.

kY has always had support from the administration and the donors.
most of the conference members have really increased support in the last several years the league has upgraded coaching staffs and other support, and KY has competition they didn’t have before.
Embrace your history, as a Bama fan we embrace our football history, but we love being at least in the conversation in the basketball realm since Nate Oats arrived.
Last thing UK fans are doing is knocking Alabama and Michigan because they won fb titles in the 50's, 70's, 80's and 90's when it was easier. UK had their chances, they just didn't get it done, but damn, we tried. It’s not easy.

Reactions: winin11
San Francisco won back to back titles back in the 50's. Oklahoma A&M won b2b in the 40's, Utah, Wyoming, Stanford, Holy Cross and Wisconson won titles in the 40's.

Oregon won the title in 1939.

CCNY won in 1950

LaSalle won it in 1954

California won it in 59

Ohio state won it in 60

Cincinnati won b2b in 61 and 62

Loyola Chicago won in 63

Tx Western won in 66.

I say all this to prove that it wasn't just 3 or 4 programs that played hot potato with the NCAA trophy. There were a ton of good/great programs back then and you still had to win the game on the court.

UK, IU, KU, uNC and duke all found a way to hire great coaches and when those coaches retired, they found a way to hire another great coach. When those guys retired, schools like UK and NC found a way, AGAIN, to find another great coach.

When Cal moves on, UK will hire someone else and that someone else will have all the resources one can have, including a massive fanbase and great facilities. UK will find its way back on top eventually.

• Love
And they all would have won the league, I have no doubt about that.

But still, every school had the same opportunities as UK. They all put 5 players on the court for the last 100 years, they were trying to win, they just didn't.

The problem with UK right now, is the idiot in charge. It would be different if the other blue bloods weren't winning.

It’s not like there's some new era out there where blue bloods can't compete. I feel like that's what you're saying.
I'm not saying that. I'm saying a lot more schools are investing heavily in CBB and building strong programs which in turn makes it harder for so called Blueblood to succeed. This seems pretty obvious.

Maybe I misunderstood. In this quote from you, it looks to me like you're saying UK didn’t do all that much when the competition wasn't as great. Tell me where I'm mistaken. I apologize if I'm misunderstanding.

Della said:
"Maybe you should reconsider how much substance y'all actually produced back in the day when you had the advantage of the Southeast to choose and pick from? It was a lot less daunting by then."
I didn't say that it all. I said you guys devoted max resources to winning back in the day and it paid off. However, others are throwing a lot more resources and it makes winning more difficult.

Maybe UK was just that much better at that time. UCLA had Wooden. Duke had K, uNC had Smith, IU had Knight, KU had Naismith and Williams… UT had Ray Mears, was he not any good?

Heck, some might say it was harder to win the title back then. You had to win the league to get into the tournament, that’s more difficult than it is right now.

UK didn’t do much in the 70's (1 title). Nothing in the 80's, dominated the 90's, nothing in the 2000's.

I mean, everyone else had plenty of opportunities. It’s not like UK, UCLA, uNC, duke, IU and KU just steamrolled everyone, they lost games and had bad seasons just like everyone else.
Now is the hardest time in CBB.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying a lot more schools are investing heavily in CBB and building strong programs which in turn makes it harder for so called Blueblood to succeed. This seems pretty obvious.
Well, there certainly is much more parity now than ever, but that makes it harder on everybody.

If Baylor can win a title, there is no reason UK couldn't. UK still puts a massive amount of effort into their program.

NIL, Transfer portal, and better coaches that "adjust" to the prior two plus the changing game.
To me that's what is happening.

Now is the hardest time in CBB.
And it was hard back then too. It’s not like UK had Anthony Davis, John Wall, Julius Randle and Towns back then, they had short, unathletic white dudes just like everyone else, they just won, even when they weren't supposed to.

Yeah, there's much more parity right now, but UK still puts more into college basketball than any other program in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT