ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Season Thread

I think you're misunderstanding me, I say that, because you are asking me to look at the Miami game. Well, back then, UK was racing up and down the court, spraying the ball around to open shooters and drilling teams with great spacing.

Now, the offense only does that a few times a game. Cal is allowing teams to slow the pace to a half court game and now we're seeing mainly iso and post ups.

In the South Carolina game, there was no passing, it was just 'my-turn' basketball. Whoever had the ball, just tried to go one on 3 on straight line drives and kept getting swatted at the rim. I believe we only took 11 threes. He played something like 30+ different line-ups.

Cal has gone and messed with what was working. I get it, teams are doing things to stymie fast breaks, but I see two issues with that:
1) Alabama still manages to play fast break basketball against everyone they play
2) Everyone we play is still getting a ton of rebounds. If they were really trying to stop our run outs, that wouldn't be the case.
bama is also affected by it's opponent, Vols beat them by 20. UT held them to 71 pts and SCAR held them to 74 pts.
#defensematters

the-munsters-old-tv-show.gif
tenor.gif

bama is also affected by it's opponent, Vols beat them by 20. UT held them to 71 pts and SCAR held them to 74 pts.
#defensematters
Bama won that sc game 74-47, so in reality, offense matters.

The Bama v UT game was in Knoxville and that matters. The issue I'm bringing up is, it doesn’t matter where the game is being played right now, Cal is allowing the opponent to stymie the offense that made this team good.

If UT were to play @ Bama, the game is probably going to be played at Alabama's pace.

We'll see how tonight's game goes. UT is actually right behind UK in pace of play, so it might actually be a high possession game.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Bama won that sc game 74-47, so in reality, offense matters.

The Bama v UT game was in Knoxville and that matters. The issue I'm bringing up is, it doesn’t matter where the game is being played right now, Cal is allowing the opponent to stymie the offense that made this team good.

If UT were to play @ Bama, the game is probably going to be played at Alabama's pace.

We'll see how tonight's game goes. UT is actually right behind UK in pace of play, so it might actually be a high possession game.
UT can play either way, but the difference is the defensive pressure UT applies.

UT can play either way, but the difference is the defensive pressure UT applies.
No doubt, UT is a veteran team that has a core of players that have been perfecting their defensive games for several years now and that’s why well coached veteran teams have a huge advantage over programs like UK that try to build rosters out of freshmen and rental players on the fly. It’s just not going to work.

Yeah, talented guys will improve throughout the season, but so do well coached veteran teams.

My hope is that UK's offense is good enough to beat good teams for now and maybe give the defense enough time to at least be serviceable. Ugonna is turning into an elite rim protector, so that will help, but our perimeter defense is as bad as it gets in college basketball.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
No doubt, UT is a veteran team that has a core of players that have been perfecting their defensive games for several years now and that’s why well coached veteran teams have a huge advantage over programs like UK that try to build rosters out of freshmen and rental players on the fly. It’s just not going to work.

Yeah, talented guys will improve throughout the season, but so do well coached veteran teams.

My hope is that UK's offense is good enough to beat good teams for now and maybe give the defense enough time to at least be serviceable. Ugonna is turning into an elite rim protector, so that will help, but our perimeter defense is as bad as it gets in college basketball.
It should be a fun game and I can see anything happening.

Reactions: kyjeff1
All I know is that I just turned to the SCAR UGA game, and two women are announcing the game. Watched for two minutes, then had to change the station. Absolutely awful to listen to...

Reactions: cdbearde
All I know is that I just turned to the SCAR UGA game, and two women are announcing the game. Watched for two minutes, then had to change the station. Absolutely awful to listen to...
I am okay with Carolyn Peck, but you can't have two of them on there, that was not a good listen.

Give me Doris Burke any time, but whatever you do, never listen to Beth Mowens for more than 5 minutes. They took her straight out of the 50's. So bad. It’s like she's doing play by play for one of the women's baseball games from 'a league of their own'

Reactions: cdbearde
This Auburn Ole Miss game is incredible. Never in a million years did I think I'd be saying that about these two shit programs.
Shit programs? Historically, Auburn is definitely a shit program. Since the Jewish hog arrived I’d hardly call them shit.

Shit programs? Historically, Auburn is definitely a shit program. Since the Jewish hog arrived I’d hardly call them shit.
Auburn Ole Miss and Georgia are the three worst programs in the SEC all time.

Auburn Ole Miss and Georgia are the three worst programs in the SEC all time.
No shit hillbilly, can you read? I said historically Auburn is terrible but… well you can read the rest. If you can’t call hooked on phonics.

No shit hillbilly, can you read? I said historically Auburn is terrible but… well you can read the rest. If you can’t call hooked on phonics.
I don't give a **** what you said cocksmoker. Your program is all time garbage. Get the fvck over it bitch.

ADVERTISEMENT