ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Tshiebwe...

Well yes, Konate is a stud, but he's not a polished offensive player like Reid Travis is. Konate is known for his rim protection, but you aren't going to run an offense through him.
UK has polished dudes down low that can also decent the rim, not as well as Konate, but when you look at UK's bigs you see more complete players, they're exceptional on both ends. You can run offense through Washington, Travis and EJ Montgomery.
UK also has more frontcourt players to throw at you thin WVa does. Richards showed some great skill and polish in the Bahamas in August.
Lindey's has UK rated as the 6th best frontcourt, West Virginia comes in at #10.

Dpv1zt8WwAADNCT.jpg:large

He was in a shit conference playing at an academic first school.
But I'll say this, now that Reid is at UK, he'll go first round in the 19 draft and I wouldn't be surprised.if he goes before Kanote.

Hes not that good. If he was he wouldnt be a 23 year old looking for a fresh start on a new college team.

Hes average on the boards, he doesnt defend, he doesnt block shots, he cant shoot or make free throws... he just scored some points as a 22 yr old senior in a terrible league that is notorious for not guarding anybody. The average college hoops fan has no clue who he is.

Last edited:
Doog may be a bit of a homer, but he follows a fantastic coach who's gotten young men to buy - in all over the country, and won doing it with less.

You have to admit that you're being a huge homer right now. I mean come on, those are some serious homer statements you're making.

But I'll say this, now that Reid is at UK, he'll go first round in the 19 draft and I wouldn't be surprised.if he goes before Kanote.

001.jpg

Ok.

You guys lost in the tourney to a k-state team without dean wade. It wasnt a very good uk team. You beat us, and thats all that matters... but it took a miracle.

It didn't take a miracle... Carter was gassed (as well as some of your other players) and was making bad decisions. I guess that was the miracle.

Our team wasn't one of our best. They weren't scrubs just young and inconsistent. What they are was well conditioned.

Doog may be a bit of a homer, but he follows a fantastic coach who's gotten young men to buy - in all over the country, and won doing it with less.

001.jpg
Hmm, I don't know what one has to do with the other honestly.
I like Doog and I have always liked Huggs, but Doog was being an over the top homer. If West Virginia had the higher ranked FC, I would have congratulated him and walked away, but to say that Konate is great, but Reid Travis sucks because he's not in the NBA and the rest of UK's frontcourt, which consists of 3 other polished 5 stars, still isn't as good as Konate and a couple of other unknown dudes, I have to ask how.

Hes not that good. If he was he wouldnt be a 23 year old looking for a fresh start on a new college team.

Hes average on the boards, he doesnt defend, he doesnt block shots, he cant shoot or make free throws... he just scored some points as a 22 yr old senior in a terrible league that is notorious for not guarding anybody. The average college hoops fan has no clue who he is.
Ok, you said RT is average on the boards? You obviously don't know what you're talking about and the reason the average fan doesn't know about him is because he played on the west coast, unless you're a huge star, nobody knows who you are.
You'll see.

Ok, you said RT is average on the boards? You obviously don't know what you're talking about and the reason the average fan doesn't know about him is because he played on the west coast, unless you're a huge star, nobody knows who you are.
You'll see.

He averages a little over 7 per game for his career. Better if i call him a slightly above average rebounder?

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
This pissing match is almost entertaining.

So Oscar called our staff last night to talk. He likes our situation a lot. Unfortunately, his host parents are steering the ship here. We have a coach in our corner, but I really doubt his host parents are going to ever support a decision outside of WV.

Reactions: KisteK

So Oscar called our staff last night to talk. He likes our situation a lot. Unfortunately, his host parents are steering the ship here. We have a coach in our corner, but I really doubt his host parents are going to ever support a decision outside of WV.

Living with a host family who has wvu ties clearly helps, but that's totally wrong to say they are steering the ship. Itll 100% be oscar's decision.

Huggs offered the kid 2 or 3 years ago when he didnt even have a recruiting profile and nobody knew who he was. These other schools jumped in when he blew up. Thats the difference.

Living with a host family who has wvu ties clearly helps, but that's totally wrong to say they are steering the ship. Itll 100% be oscar's decision.

Huggs offered the kid 2 or 3 years ago when he didnt even have a recruiting profile and nobody knew who he was. These other schools jumped in when he blew up. Thats the difference.
That's just not factual. His host family isn't even having conversations with Baylor or Illinois. UK is acceptable because it's UK, but they're not even considering the alternatives. It's why the national narrative is what it is. The host family is pushing WV really hard, and I'm not really sure how you could argue otherwise.

Fine by me. I have no urge to get into a debate with you, I think you're a good dude and I like Huggs and I think Kanote is a stud.
I'll leave it at that.

Appreciate it, you seem like good dude too

You guys exaggerated/re-worded some of the things i said, but i agree... no desire to debate this anymore.

Reactions: kyjeff1

One of you MF'ers don't know what you're talking bout. :)

One of you MF'ers don't know what you're talking bout. :)
Let's see, one of us says that a WV host family is steering a kid to WV. Not like they did that before with Konate or anything.

The other is saying that a WV host family is not steering a kid.

I don't know. Hmm.

That's just not factual. His host family isn't even having conversations with Baylor or Illinois. UK is acceptable because it's UK, but they're not even considering the alternatives. It's why the national narrative is what it is. The host family is pushing WV really hard, and I'm not really sure how you could argue otherwise.

Pretty clear whoever gave you this info doesnt know much about oscar. He has a real family too you know. His host family has next to nothing to do with his decision. Other than just being wvu fans and being around them.

They hosted konate too, and he almost ended up at our most hated rival Pitt. Jamie Dixon passed on him. If this host family was calling any shots in these kids recruitment, they would never even let him even think about going to pitt.

Baylor and Illinois were never really in it. He just wanted a top 4. Baylor was thrown in there because its a "Christian" school and oscar is very religious. Illinois... i have no idea why they were the 4th team. It most likely would have been kansas in that top 4 instead of illinois if they werent in all this hot water.

Pretty clear whoever gave you this info doesnt know much about oscar. He has a real family too you know. His host family has next to nothing to do with his decision. Other than just being wvu fans and being around them.

They hosted konate too, and he almost ended up at our most hated rival Pitt. Jamie Dixon passed on him. If this host family was calling any shots in these kids recruitment, they would never even let him even think about going to pitt.

Baylor and Illinois were never really in it. He just wanted a top 4. Baylor was thrown in there because its a "Christian" school and oscar is very religious. Illinois... i have no idea why they were the 4th team. It most likely would have been kansas in that top 4 instead of illinois if they werent in all this hot water.

:rolleyes:

So, it's just pure happenstance that two kids are placed into a host family's home who support WV and these kids (in all likelihood) both end up at WV?

I'm not saying it isn't Oscar's choice, but the people around him are making sure he knows where their opinions lie. And, Oscar values their opinions. They aren't giving unbiased opinions, they're pushing WV. That's steering.

So, it's just pure happenstance that two kids are placed into a host family's home who support WV and these kids (in all likelihood) both end up at WV?

I'm not saying it isn't Oscar's choice, but the people around him are making sure he knows where their opinions lie. And, Oscar values their opinions. They aren't giving unbiased opinions, they're pushing WV. That's steering.

He could live in an orange house with Deron Williams, Dee Brown and Nick Anderson and would still pick WVU.

Like i said... wvu has been recruiting the kid for years. When other schools had no clue who he was.

Last edited:
He could live in an orange house with Deron Williams, Dee Brown and Nick Anderson and would still pick WVU.

Like i said... wvu has been recruiting the kid for years. When other schools had no clue who he was.
That doesn't matter in a lot of recruitments. Fans like to think so, but fans think a lot of things matter that don't.

tenor.gif

WavyIncomparableEyelashpitviper-small.gif

Reactions: Jaycg15
So, this twitter rumor is a bad look for our fan base. Our board all knows the guy who posted it and where he got the rumor from. Even if it were true, not a good idea to put it out like that.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
So, this twitter rumor is a bad look for our fan base. Our board all knows the guy who posted it and where he got the rumor from. Even if it were true, not a good idea to put it out like that.

Yep, the whole f'ing thread is rolled out on our premium board and we have a one of the largest Rival team sites. We are not happy with that bullshit.

Huggs and company DO NOT fu ck around with cheating to get any player.............Huggs has stated it would make it impossible for him to coach said player because said player would hold shit over any coach that coached em up hard.

You guys should shut that f ucker down.

Reactions: jpoppa
Yep, the whole f'ing thread is rolled out on our premium board and we have a one of the largest Rival team sites. We are not happy with that bullshit.

Huggs and company DO NOT fu ck around with cheating to get any player.............Huggs has stated it would make it impossible for him to coach said player because said player would hold shit over any coach that coached em up hard.

What's the twitter rumor?

Sags is a 1st team all conference player and sure thing NBA draft pick. He's likely gone after this year, but it's not a sure thing. Derek Culver is a top 50 talent who is 20 years old w/ a year of prep school under his belt now. There are other bigs who will keep developing under Huggs too.

WVU will have a better front court than Kentucky this season. We'll see about 2020. Definitely lose Ahmad, and most likely Konate.

Your front court won’t be better but it’s ok I’ll allow you some tinted glasses and fan pride... I bet you money Oscar T starts over half the games his freshman year at WVU.

But obviously he’d want guaranteed time at UK when there is a possibility of us also having top 10 bigs like wiseman , Carey and McDaniels ... plus we’re after hurt and brooks etc...

Reactions: MntnEERinSC

We called him out. He just said it wouldn't matter anyway.

He's getting his info from Ryan Evan who talks to OT, but I'd trust that guy's info about as far as I can throw his child-beating ass.

Your front court won’t be better but it’s ok I’ll allow you some tinted glasses and fan pride... I bet you money Oscar T starts over half the games his freshman year at WVU.

But obviously he’d want guaranteed time at UK when there is a possibility of us also having top 10 bigs like wiseman , Carey and McDaniels ... plus we’re after hurt and brooks etc...

Carey went to school with our incoming Freshman Trey Doomes....Just letting you know to not be surprised if Carey gives WVU a visit..........but he going to Dook anyways.

giphy.gif

So UK has one guy on the Julius Erving watch list, two guys on the Karl Malone watch list , and one guy on the Kareem Abdul Jabbar watch list.

WVU has one guy on the Karl Malone watch list.

I'll just let those facts make their own statement.

ADVERTISEMENT