ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Tshiebwe...

UK lock if Cal offers
some kids want a real chance to win a title

save this thread

Laughing ok, you'll see

wvu lock, and we're final four contenders every year from now until huggs retires

and UK has already offered.

Rivals needs to update their rankings. No way hes outside the top 20. He's #19 on 247 now.

Last edited:
Laughing ok, you'll see

wvu lock, and we're final four contenders every year from now until huggs retires

Rivals needs to update their rankings. No way hes outside the top 20. He's #19 on 247 now.

Well, that’s that the thing though. Good in paint, still pretty raw. Doesn’t look as good as Patrick Patterson did at same stage. Still very solid. Would work well at UK. Probably two year player.

Laughing ok, you'll see

as of right now UK has not offered (not sure where you got your info)
Cal likes to do that in person so i would bet he gets that offer from UK he has been wanting on his visit

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/8/2...uiting-oscar-tshiebwe-visit-kentucky-wildcats

Last edited:
Well, that’s that the thing though. Good in paint, still pretty raw. Doesn’t look as good as Patrick Patterson did at same stage. Still very solid. Would work well at UK. Probably two year player.

Saw Patterson play a lot at Huntington. Oscar is a lot bigger, longer (7'5 wingspan), and just an absolute beast in the paint. His motor is on a diff level than a guy like Pat's was.

Definitely still raw offensively though.

Huggs is basically a member of his family at this point, and everybody in his circle are WVU fans. It would probably be a friendship ender for Huggs and Cal if UK stole this kid. lol

Dont see any way he ends up anywhere other than morgantown.

Last edited:
You had the most highly touted class in the last 25-30 years and lost to Frank Kaminsky.

Also, beat a decent Louisville team by single digits that year. Weird.

it happens
UL had the number 1 player in the country and could not get past the first weekend
i think UL was also the overall #1 seed

all those so called great teams Pitino had at UL and he managed to have more NIT's then FF's

Reactions: JimboBBN
Saw Patterson play a lot at Huntington. Oscar is a lot bigger and longer (7'5 wingspan), and just an absolute beast in the paint. His motor is on a diff level than a guy like Pat's was.

Definitely still raw offensively though.

Huggs is basically a member of his family at this point, and everybody in his circle are WVU fans. It would probably be a friendship ender for Huggs and Cal if UK stole this kid. lol

Dont see any way he ends up anywhere other than morgantown.

Good finisher for sure. Just lacks finesse and wouldn't be confident of him scoring on much other than a dunk, at least from what I've seen. I don't follow recruiting much, only thing I've read indicates WVU probably is leader. Still, it's Calipari and just him being involved will make it close.

it happens
UL had the number 1 player in the country and could not get past the first weekend
i think UL was also the overall #1 seed

all those so called great teams Pitino had at UL and he managed to have more NIT's then FF's
giphy.gif

Good finisher for sure. Just lacks finesse and wouldn't be confident of him scoring on much other than a dunk, at least from what I've seen. I don't follow recruiting much, only thing I've read indicates WVU probably is leader. Still, it's Calipari and just him being involved will make it close.

Thing about Oscar (from what Ive been told) is he's not even really a basketball "fan". Don't think names like Kentucky and Calipari mean anything to him. Huggs has been on him since the day he got to the US. Same host family that brought Konate to him. Obviously Oscar is much more highly recruited than Sags was, so that makes it a little different.

We'll see...

T-Will
E5
TerJenn
SamSam
Edgar Salsa
Andre "Hook'Em" McGee
Swoopshire

What a team

#2 ESPN, #4 Scout, #9 Rivals.
thanks i just looked that up
so i was mistaken he was the #2 player from at least one service (albeit the worst source for player rankings)

while i was looking him up i looked at the 2007 class
man that class was loaded

247 that has "all-time recruit" rankings by school. According to 247..

Skal Labissiere is the 3rd best Kentucky recruit since 2000...Nerlens Noel is #1..Anthony Davis #2...Karl Anthony Towns comes in at #9. I think it's time they admit they are doing something wrong...

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Sport/Basketball/AllTimeRecruits

fwiw...Samardo Samuels would be the best recruit at Louisville in 18 years.

Reactions: mebeblue2
ADVERTISEMENT