ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Tshiebwe...

He would start day one for the Illini! Promised or not.

Go Illini!
He'd start day 1 for anyone on his list. A promise of starting is not going to get him to go to Illinois, y'all might want to think about doing an under the table cash deal with his parents.

He'd start day 1 for anyone on his list. A promise of starting is not going to get him to go to Illinois, y'all might want to think about doing an under the table cash deal with his parents.
There’s a high probability he wouldn’t start for Kentucky. He’d probably be the third best big that they’d land.

Nothing made up at all. Romeo's back was acting up while he was at USA basketball with Cal coaching.

He didn't feel good enough to practice, but miraculously felt fine on game days.

To top it off, he didn't tell his dad that it was injury keeping him at limited minutes. His dad then spouted off publicly, angry his son wasn't getting burn and privately to Cal as well. At that point, both sides decided playing at Kentucky would not happen.

He's super talented. Dad is a bit overprotective, but I think we all support our kids to our own fault. I hope he gets everything he works for out of the game and in life.

Heard from who?

A guy that covers UK recruiting told me that’s what he heard.

And for the wvu fans that are acting like promising starting spots is a sin lol. I never said he was promised it at WVU..... but everyone including the kid knows he’s a starter at WVU... all the bigs put together at wvu aren’t as good as Oscar

Would he start over Konate at WV? I don’t think so myself. Still think he will ultimately choose WV I believe it is Illinois not Kentucky making him think harder about the commitment.

Go Illini!

Reactions: Jaycg15
Just a UK fan making sh*t up because of sour grapes, Purdue fans like to do it too. "Hey he's going to IU now he sucks," ect...There was even a few idiots on the Purdue board that didn't have him on the all Big Ten freshman team. Romeo is going to shut a lot of people up this year.

...Hope he (Romeo) enjoys the NIT.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Would he start over Konate at WV? I don’t think so myself. Still think he will ultimately choose WV I believe it is Illinois not Kentucky making him think harder about the commitment.

Go Illini!

Wvu is pretty loaded with bigs. Konate might leave after this season but still have derek culver and others

Pretty sure oscar has already talked to the coaches. He's telling the coaches of the schools he didn't choose that they arent the choice, but hes not telling them who his choice is. Trying to avoid leaks i guess. Only person who knows for sure now is the coach of the school he chose. (Aka Huggs)

Actually from what he posted he pushed those phone calls back until Friday. Like I said, I think he chooses WV but I hope he chooses Illinois. Obviously.

Go Illini!

Wvu is pretty loaded with bigs. Konate might leave after this season but still have derek culver and others

Pretty sure oscar has already talked to the coaches. He's telling the coaches of the schools he didn't choose that they arent the choice, but hes not telling them who his choice is. Trying to avoid leaks i guess. Only person who knows for sure now is the coach of the school he chose. (Aka Huggs)
Oscar told our guy none of the coaches have been informed one way or the other.

Last edited:
Pretty sure one coach knows. SmokinSmile
I was listening to Kentucky Sports Radio this morning, Matt Jones, the host, started off the show by stating he had heard great news, but couldn't share it today.
Now I'm not saying he was referring to Oscar committing to UK, but I can't think of what else it could be.
I would be absolutely blown away if he were to pick UK. I just don't see how he could turn his back on Huggs at this stage of the game.

Reactions: JC for 3
I was listening to Kentucky Sports Radio this morning, Matt Jones, the host, started off the show by stating he had heard great news, but couldn't share it today.
Now I'm not saying he was referring to Oscar committing to UK, but I can't think of what else it could be.
I would be absolutely blown away if he were to pick UK. I just don't see how he could turn his back on Huggs at this stage of the game.

Who knows...

That Matt Jones guy has already said things didn't go well on his visit with UK and he's going to WVU.

the story is that Langford didn’t inform cal how serious the back was and cal got on to him and was angry because it took up a spot a healthy kid could of gotten..... neither took kindly to the other not taking kindly and both went their separate ways.

This coming from TJ Walker who was told by kids on that team.....

There’s a high probability he wouldn’t start for Kentucky. He’d probably be the third best big that they’d land.

tenor.gif

No, nobody outside the program knows.

I'm just saying he's going to WVU, and I'm willing to bet that Huggs already knows.
So, what I'm gathering is that you'd rather trust your imagination than Oscar himself.

I think WV is the likely choice, but I don't think he's told anyone that he chose them yet.

Reactions: Illinifans217
Oscar said he was calling the coaches Wednesday and telling each school his choice to be polite to all coaches involved

So, what I'm gathering is that you'd rather trust your imagination than Oscar himself.

I think WV is the likely choice, but I don't think he's told anyone that he chose them yet.

He's 100% going to WVU, and I have a hard time believing Huggs doesn't know this already. All I'm saying.

Oscar said he was calling the coaches Wednesday and telling each school his choice to be polite to all coaches involved

His plan was to deliver the bad news to the "losing" coaches Weds, but to only tell his actual decision to the "winning" coach.

Basically the coaches who don't get him will only know they arent getting him... they won't know who he chose. Just trying to avoid leaks. He might've just scrapped that idea all together and just wait to announce.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
A guy that covers UK recruiting told me that’s what he heard.

And for the wvu fans that are acting like promising starting spots is a sin lol. I never said he was promised it at WVU..... but everyone including the kid knows he’s a starter at WVU... all the bigs put together at wvu aren’t as good as Oscar

Sags is a 1st team all conference player and sure thing NBA draft pick. He's likely gone after this year, but it's not a sure thing. Derek Culver is a top 50 talent who is 20 years old w/ a year of prep school under his belt now. There are other bigs who will keep developing under Huggs too.

WVU will have a better front court than Kentucky this season. We'll see about 2020. Definitely lose Ahmad, and most likely Konate.

WVU will have a better front court than Kentucky this season.
That seems like a rather matter of fact statement to make about a team that has Johnson, Washington, Travis, Richards and Montgomery. I'll have to disagree there.

That seems like a rather matter of fact statement to make about a team that has Johnson, Washington, Travis, Richards and Montgomery. I'll have to disagree there.
Wait, did he actually mean THIS season? As in 2018/19?

I'm hoping he meant next season, which is still highly debatable since rosters are not yet set. But he clearly said "this season".
Yeah I saw that, I thought he meant next season. I guess he'll need to give us his definition of "best" if he's talking about this year.

it is only opinion but basically every list I've seen of the top 5 front courts in the country this season has included West Virginia and Kansas

it is only a prediction but basically every list I've seen of the top 5 front courts in the country this season has included West Virginia and Kansas
Link to said lists? UK has 5 former McDonalds All-Americans in their front court(2 freshman, 2 sophomores,1 5th year senior), unless I am misremembering and giving someone credit for making the McDonalds game that didn't.

I think most people would take that over WVU's frontcourt.

Link to said lists? UK has 5 former McDonalds All-Americans in their front court(2 freshman, 2 sophomores,1 5th year senior), unless I am misremembering and giving someone credit for making the McDonalds game that didn't.

I think most people would take that over WVU's frontcourt.

Well, I didn't want to do this to ya...

Reactions: KisteK
Its expected, especially with all of this FBI shit going on.

But, to say Huggs cheats is a bunch of shit cuz if he does we sure not getting the benefits of it...lol

Since Huggs came to his Alma mater he has gotten 1 five star ( Devin Ebanks ) and it was pure luck because Ebanks was set to go to INdiana and Sampson got the boot. Ebanks backed into WVU at the last minute.

We get us a 4 star now and then, I think we have 5 four stars on the current team and thats out of 15 players, the rest being 3 stars.

So, yeah, Oscar is a big deal to us.....I know y'all are used to getting multiple 5 star players and usually nothing below a 4 star....

yea Cal has taken UK recruiting to Rupp levels
man i remember when Tubby lost a player to prep school
BCG was recruiting D2 talent at UK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT