ADVERTISEMENT

Salary Cap for Players

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
I'm assuming everyone is following everything going on with unionization and such.

Ok - we all want solutions to preserve our great game. Today I'm going to suggest solution one:For basketball - have the Power 5 & Big East conference commissioners get together and create a salary cap between 1.5 n 2.0 million. All contracts delivered to the league and school offices. All other conferences establish their own salary cap. I would never exclude anyone from the NCAA tournament. Obviously football is a different sport entirely and some of their talent makes more than NFL players. More solutions to follow in the coming days

I'm assuming everyone is following everything going on with unionization and such.

Ok - we all want solutions to preserve our great game. Today I'm going to suggest solution one:For basketball - have the Power 5 & Big East conference commissioners get together and create a salary cap between 1.5 n 2.0 million. All contracts delivered to the league and school offices. All other conferences establish their own salary cap. I would never exclude anyone from the NCAA tournament. Obviously football is a different sport entirely and some of their talent makes more than NFL players. More solutions to follow in the coming days
I’m worried that certain schools would just pay extra money under the table or find creative ways around it. I’m not sure how they fix this.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
How about letting the market determine the price instead of artificially manipulating it?

ADVERTISEMENT