ADVERTISEMENT

Pick a player

Demarcus Kidd-Miller

Oct 5, 2012
kentucky.rivals.com
Choose someone from last year's team that either transfered or left that you wish you would've kept for this year.

UK is fine at the guard position. You would think most UK fans would choose Oscar since he was so dominant, but I'm not sure how he'd fit with this group (although he certainly would've helped with our rebounding issues). I guess I would go with Chris Livingston to give more depth at the 3-4 spot.

Styles is playing well for Georgetown but I'm not sure he would have been a better fit than Ryan. Maybe though. So if I was forced to go with someone it would be him.

Styles is playing well for Georgetown but I'm not sure he would have been a better fit than Ryan. Maybe though. So if I was forced to go with someone it would be him.
I think that’s the right answer, but I see it more as a Withers or Styles thing instead of Ryan or Styles.

I think it worked out well for all parties. He is doing well and so is UNC.

I think that’s the right answer, but I see it more as a Withers or Styles thing instead of Ryan or Styles.

I think it worked out well for all parties. He is doing well and so is UNC.

I think we would all take Styles over Withers but there is no way Trez was willing to play that role, which is why he left. But yeah, I think you are right in the sense that Hubert wasn't convinced Dontrez could start and play the role Ryan is playing.

No doubt I think it worked out well for both. Honestly, all of the departures really seemed to work out pretty well for both sides. McKoy and Nickel are also having decent years but would not have played much here. Of course Love is doing well with Arizona and I think we all knew it was time for him to play elsewhere.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
We are good as we are.

That's not the rules of the thread dork.

No Olivier Nkhamoua or however you spell his name? Dude is having a good year and was a beast in the Tourney.
He was an all america one game and a ghost the next. I wish Knecht had come a year earlier. How's that?

He was an all america one game and a ghost the next. I wish Knecht had come a year earlier. How's that?

Nope. Not good enough della. Pick a player or

Season 3 Leave GIF by Martin

So my choices are:
Caleb Mills — injured for the season and was not playing well for Memphis before that

Naheem McLeod — injured for the season and was not playing well for Cuse before that

Matthew Cleveland — empty stats and every team he is on underachieves, and he just scored two points against us in Miami’s loss.

I guess I would take Mills since he’s been injured longer and would have missed more games.

But he hasn't been on again, off again this year. So I think having him this year would help Tennessee. It would certainly give them another scoring option when they go through those droughts, even though Aidoo and Awaka have both improved offensively.

Livingston to replace Edwards for sure.

But Oscar over Bradshaw would be preferred if Cal would stay with the same style of play. It works when Ugo is in, so there's no reason it couldn't work with Oscar.

Choose someone from last year's team that either transfered or left that you wish you would've kept for this year.

UK is fine at the guard position. You would think most UK fans would choose Oscar since he was so dominant, but I'm not sure how he'd fit with this group (although he certainly would've helped with our rebounding issues). I guess I would go with Chris Livingston to give more depth at the 3-4 spot.
If talking about transfers and not NBA players?

Hopkins or Collins.

But he hasn't been on again, off again this year. So I think having him this year would help Tennessee. It would certainly give them another scoring option when they go through those droughts, even though Aidoo and Awaka have both improved offensively.
Maybe he realizes its now or never, but I don't want him.

Livingston to replace Edwards for sure.

But Oscar over Bradshaw would be preferred if Cal would stay with the same style of play. It works when Ugo is in, so there's no reason it couldn't work with Oscar.
Yep. I will never understand why Edwards was/is so highly regarded. He doesn't do anything above average or consistently. I don't really see the potential either. He has good size and athleticism but that's about it. Those things don't matter much when you aren't good at basketball though. Would take Livingston all day. Oscar would've been fine in this offense. He can run all day long and is fast up and down the floor, faster than most guards. They just need someone that can eat boards, get putbacks, and get an occasional block. His midrange jumper is good too. Plus he rarely gets in foul trouble. That's all they need from the 5 spot. Yeah, he is a liability on pick-n-roll defense but dudes are scoring in the paint at will against this year's bigs so that's a wash. Bradshaw is always in foul trouble, or he just lets people score without any effort at all. Ugo has been solid blocking shots but you get zero out of him on the offensive side of the ball.

I honestly don't think I would want anyone from last years team on this years. Oscar would be great for rebounding, but he was awful at the pick and roll defense, which is what we struggle with now. i see potential for Bradshaw and Ugo to be better in that roll, even if they don't get as many rebounds. Livingston was just as disappointing as Edwards. At least Edwards hustles and tries. Livingston skated by all year IMO.

Yep. I will never understand why Edwards was/is so highly regarded. He doesn't do anything above average or consistently. I don't really see the potential either. He has good size and athleticism but that's about it. Those things don't matter much when you aren't good at basketball though. Would take Livingston all day. Oscar would've been fine in this offense. He can run all day long and is fast up and down the floor, faster than most guards. They just need someone that can eat boards, get putbacks, and get an occasional block. His midrange jumper is good too. Plus he rarely gets in foul trouble. That's all they need from the 5 spot. Yeah, he is a liability on pick-n-roll defense but dudes are scoring in the paint at will against this year's bigs so that's a wash. Bradshaw is always in foul trouble, or he just lets people score without any effort at all. Ugo has been solid blocking shots but you get zero out of him on the offensive side of the ball.
Well, they aren’t going to like that answer.

My only options are Brandon Newman (shooting 28% from three for WKU this year) or David Jenkins (35% from three last year and graduated). Candidly, not sure either makes the team better but I'll take Jenkins who seemed like more of a team player.

I think Klutch paid some people to hype Edwards up in the rankings, that’s the only thing this makes sense. He looks like a 3 year guy to me, but since he was so highly rated, he’s gone, no matter how bad he plays and Cal is going to play him like he is a 5*. Heck, Burks is more active and probably better, but you don't see him starting.

When you depend on getting the best blue chip recruits every year, you get held hostage. You have to cater to these dudes, or all that street cred you (Cal) built up all those years, gets tarnished, because 1 kid didn't get everything he wanted.

Edwards has no business starting, or getting more than 10 mpg. But Cal keeps trying to jam that square peg into the round hole.

I got hammered on here back in November for saying Edwards looked way overrated and more of a project. Dude called me an idiot. Haven't seen him since.

As far as Oscar, during the 21/22 season, that team ripped WKU, UT, @KU and uNC, I mean ripped them bad and did it playing very similar to what we're playing now, but Cal stopped doing it. I know Tyty getting injured didn’t help, but he should have stayed with that offense. Wheeler running a half court offense was just a loss waiting to happen every time.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
That's one way to look at it. Here's another:

Reeves:
Total games: 60.4% 2P%, 42.6% 3P%
Against KenPom Tier A opponents (4 games): 46.4% 2P%, 29.7% 3P%

Knecht:
Total games: 52.9% 2P%, 41.7% 3P%
Against KenPom tier A opponents (7 games): 58.0% 2P%, 44.4% 3P%

Reeves got fat against bad teams. Knecht stepped up against great teams. And UK has played a soft schedule so far comparatively.

Reeves:

Knecht:

Reeves got fat against bad teams. Knecht stepped up against great teams. And UK has played a soft schedule so far comparatively.
Not to mention he excludes defensive stats, but I suppose UK doesn't keep defensive stats, so there is that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Nkamouh that transferred to Michigan would probably helped us in the post

Reeves:

Knecht:

While Dalton has been more consistent overall, check his stats against Kansas. 24% from 2 point range and 17% from 3.

However, against every other common opponent (Miss state and uNC), he crushed it and Reeves didn’t. That’s why Dalton is a pro and Reeves is not.

So theoretically, UT SHOULD kick UK's ass each time they play this year. Better coach, better pro, more veteran players… should be no problem beating UK this year. 😜

UT will kick UK's ass each time they play this year. Better coach, better pro, more veteran players… won't be no problem beating UK this year.
FIFY for accuracy.

Pat Adams loves the camera.

Now, about that avatar bet? Come on, we're practically besties now.
I don't bet Jeff, but you already know that, don't you?

If you want to wear a Vol sig or avatar just put one on. You don't need to excuse of a bet to do that.

• Sad
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I don't bet Jeff, but you already know that, don't you?

If you want to wear a Vol sig or avatar just put one on. You don't need to excuse of a bet to do that.
No no, that’s not how it works, UK has double scoreboard right now, so in order for me to slip an orange jersey on, UT needs to actually beat the Cats. Thems the rules.

No no, that’s not how it works, UK has double scoreboard right now, so in order for me to slip an orange jersey on, UT needs to actually beat the Cats. Thems the rules.
Ok, well you won't have to wait long.

I think I should get points too. UT is ranked higher. UK should get 4 points in Lexington and 8 in Knoxville. Deal?
The Vols will pour more points on the Cats than that.

The Vols will pour more points on the Cats than that.
Well, there you go. So the Avatar bet is set.
Parameters below:

In Lexington:
UT is giving UK 4 points

In Knoxville:
UT is giving UK 8 points

Glad I finally got you to agree to an avatar bet. There's no way you can lose. I like your chances.

Well, there you go. So the Avatar bet is set.
Parameters below:

In Lexington:
UT is giving UK 4 points

In Knoxville:
UT is giving UK 8 points

Glad I finally got you to agree to an avatar bet. There's no way you can lose. I like your chances.
There is no bet Jeff. I don’t bet. I get nothing so there is no reason for me to bet.

ADVERTISEMENT