ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official SEC In-Season Thread***

Where do you think he would go?
I don't think he wants to leave now but you never know what's around the corner.
I know he wants a new coliseum and our AD Greg Byrne has the funding underway. Hopefully he stays for a long time.

Reactions: cdbearde
I don't think he wants to leave now but you never know what's around the corner.
I know he wants a new coliseum and our AD Greg Byrne has the funding underway. Hopefully he stays for a long time.
I think he's there for the long haul. He's got everything he'll ever need right there. I can see Musselman moving on way before Oats.

Alabama needs to build a new basketball arena at some point. That airport hanger is embarrassing
There is nothing really bad about Coleman Coliseum except the point that when it isn't sold out it's not loud because the fans are so far away from the court and the student sections are not in a good place.
The last three years we have filled the coliseum and then it's loud .
The new arena will have students all around the front 12 rows of seats closer to the court like most new arenas being built in the last few years, including Neville.
Right now Coleman seats 15 thousand + and I think they want to reduce that to around 12 K

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Don’t worry. Uk fans don’t recognize auburns rise either. Even though auburn has:

The most victories in the SEC the last 5 years
2 SEC regular season titles
1 SEC tourney title
1 Final 4
4 twenty 5 wins seasons.
5 first round draft picks
That's just a flash in the pan historically, nothing Kentucky fans haven't seen before from assorted SEC upstarts. I'm sure by Auburn standards it seems amazing.

Kentucky fans measure things on an historic scale. 5-years time frames are for losers. For that reason we can't give you the attention you crave or the validation you seek because you just aren't that impressive historically.

At least your 1 Final Four gives you one more than Tennessee though - so you got that going for you - which is nice.

Reactions: Scotty00
ut certainly hasn't figured it out... selling out an arena, having a ceremony to retire a former player's jersey... there's only 1 team in the SEC that is on the schedule on such a day filled with all that expected celebration.

Funny how that worked out for ya.
Neither have y'all as Arky was the attendance winner last year.

That's just a flash in the pan historically, nothing Kentucky fans haven't seen before from assorted SEC upstarts. I'm sure by Auburn standards it seems amazing.

Kentucky fans measure things on an historic scale. 5-years time frames are for losers. For that reason we can't give you the attention you crave or the validation you seek because you just aren't that impressive historically.

At least your 1 Final Four gives you one more than Tennessee though - so you got that going for you - which is nice.
Since Barnes has been beating Cal longer than 5 years, you recognizing that? It's in your 5 year window.

Neither have y'all as Arky was the attendance winner last year.

What he means is all the opposing gyms are packed when UK comes to town. However, you wrong anyway doe.

Screenshot-2023-01-24-180837.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
There is nothing really bad about Coleman Coliseum except the point that when it isn't sold out it's not loud because the fans are so far away from the court and the student sections are not in a good place.
The last three years we have filled the coliseum and then it's loud .
The new arena will have students all around the front 12 rows of seats closer to the court like most new arenas being built in the last few years, including Neville.
Right now Coleman seats 15 thousand + and I think they want to reduce that to around 12 K
Coleman just looks dated inside. Best thing auburn did was reduce seating from the one arena. It’s loud and the students are right on top of the floor. Perhaps why we have the nations longest home winning streak

That time frame is what what is most relevant to current times. Bragging about a time 70 plus years ago when known racist Adolp rupp was dominating when only white players played is not remotely relevant to current times.

Adolph Rupp was a better man than anyone that has ever been involved with Auburn University. Being the great man he was, he worked hard to integrate the SEC in Basketball just as Kentucky lead the way in integrating the SEC in football...only to have players like Wes Unseld turn away in fear at the prospect of going to backwards ass states like Mississippi and Alabama.

Butch Beard, who would have broken the color barrier along side Adolph Rupp and Kentucky was prevented in doing so by the despicable acts of the University of Louisville and the Missouri Valley Conference.

Perry Wallace, the first black basketball in the SEC (also recruited by Kentucky) - openly spoke about how much more he enjoyed playing against Kentucky and Adolph Rupp as opposed to the racially charged and hateful environments in Mississippi and Alabama. Perry Wallace played for Adolph Rupp after college and commented on how extremely welcoming and gracious Rupp was - even comparing him to his own father.

What I'm trying to say is this: you are a just a little know-nothing dipshit. An upstart Auburn blabbermouth who knows next to nothing about the history of college basketball in the SEC. If you are still wondering why nobody respects you or your wannabe basketball program, this is one of the reasons.

Reactions: Scotty00
Adolph Rupp was a better man than anyone that has ever been involved with Auburn University. Being the great man he was, he worked hard to integrate the SEC in Basketball just as Kentucky lead the way in integrating the SEC in football...only to have players like Wes Unseld turn away in fear at the prospect of going to backwards ass states like Mississippi and Alabama.

Butch Beard, who would have broken the color barrier along side Adolph Rupp and Kentucky was prevented in doing so by the despicable acts of the University of Louisville and the Missouri Valley Conference.

Perry Wallace, the first black basketball in the SEC (also recruited by Kentucky) - openly spoke about how much more he enjoyed playing against Kentucky and Adolph Rupp as opposed to the racially charged and hateful environments in Mississippi and Alabama. Perry Wallace played for Adolph Rupp after college and commented on how extremely welcoming and gracious Rupp was - even comparing him to his own father.

What I'm trying to say is this: you are a just a little know-nothing dipshit. An upstart Auburn blabbermouth who knows next to nothing about the history of college basketball in the SEC. If you are still wondering why nobody respects you or your wannabe basketball program, this is one of the reasons.
LOL. @lurkeraspect84 this is what I have done to your fanbase. Get at me. Come get mongo over here

a more recent final 4.... and there it is.. literally all you've got. Oh wait, UK has 17 Final Fours.

8 titles as well. au.... zero.

And don't forget that au has a 'stellar' 23-96 record against UK as well, Corky.

In other words, you don't have shit.

lol at Auburn, this is hilarious.

Reactions: JC for 3
This is because they are so insecure. They insist on being the winner even when they lose. Some of these UK fans think they are somehow superior people because the CBB team they root for won at a high level years ago. It is a mental exercise to raise themselves to a higher or special status at least in their minds.

You sound genuinely mad.

Is beating the #5 team on their home court winning at a high level?

The traditional basketball school thing is becoming less of a big deal.
Which is exactly why "traditional basketball" Blue Bloods Kansas and North Carolina met last season to play in the National Freaking Championship. LOL.

I mean, you are literally wrong about everything.

Kentucky is the #1 3 point shooting team in the SEC and #13 in the nation overall.

You might be the dumbest living human I have ever encountered on a message board.
They shoot the highest percentage in the SEC (Auburn is 2nd to last), but they aren't in the top 50 overall.

Since Barnes has been beating Cal longer than 5 years, you recognizing that? It's in your 5 year window.

Since time-framing is acceptable to you and since Kentucky just whipped Barnes and #5 UT on their home floor, I'm gonna go with: NO

Can't speak for the bammers, but UT seems committed to CBB. We have a bigger arena than UK and we pay a fairly high wage for the HC.
Then you should be having higher attendences than us.

CharacteristicAverage attendance
Kentucky20,160
North Carolina20,103
Tennessee18,990

Since time-framing is acceptable to you and since Kentucky just whipped Barnes and #5 UT on their home floor, I'm gonna go with: NO
I love it when you brag about upsetting UT. You're right of course. It is a big deal and you have every right to be proud.

Then you should be having higher attendences than us.

CharacteristicAverage attendance
Kentucky20,160
North Carolina20,103
Tennessee18,990
Yeah, but UT has a unique problem that UK doesn't suffer from. You know how sports seasons overlap? Well, we have #5 CFB Vols, #4 CBB Vols and that Spring our baseball team was #1 most of the season. So, our fans have too many options for high powered College athletics. Since UK is a one trick pony you avoid that kinda stuff.

Another mad. Cheer up you are super-impressive in football...wait...no you aren't I must have been thinking about Alabama. Auburn is the one that sucks.

Veterinary School?
how old are you?...15?

We will not have to score more than 60 if we hold you to 50.

Regarding the UK fans, I have always thought smack talk best when it was before the game instead of hiding in the basement until afterwards. Have at it with the smack talk and then say good game win or lose and move on.

Are you the basement type?

I didn't post of our win against KY by 26 or talk smack to them.
Im just reacting to your smack..... and no, I don't hide.
By the way, I think you're dreaming if you truly think you can hold Nate Oats team to 50. Last outing we scored 106
Listen Winin11, when Deller talks to you about basement types take notes! She has a lot of experience. Hell she lived in her parents basement for many many years until UT got decent!😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT