ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official SEC In-Season Thread***

as long as we can keep Nate Oats we will be fine.
Not just oats. Alabama has the money and resources to be good in basketball for awhile. Regardless of the coach. The SEC schools are all now caring about basketball. It’s a different day

I mean you asked me this 5 years ago and I am still here. The SEC in basketball has changed man. You are seeing schools with lots more money out mor resources than ever in basketball. Kentucky will still win but it’s harder now than you have ever experienced
Fair enough. SEC focusing on BBall and NIL has really messed up our game.
Not to mention we have a muppet for an AD.

Too bad you kinda suck today...

Btw, The Vols and bama are projected 1 seeds on Lunardi's Tourney projections and UK got in too as a 12 Seed.
1-0 against 'mighty' ut. So maybe rankings/projections don't mean shit at this point.

I don’t see any school being as consistent as Kentucky on an every year basis in the SEC but It could be someone different every year. Cal philosophy on offense has also hurt you. He has been forgotten in how basketball is being played now with 3 point shooting

What JC needs to realize is the paradigm has changed. Though UK is still very committed to CBB, they will have a difficult time realizing the success level they have had in the SEC for so many years. This is actually a good thing for the SEC and since UK is part of the SEC, it is good for them too.

I don’t see any school being as consistent as Kentucky on an every year basis in the SEC but It could be someone different every year. Cal philosophy on offense has also hurt you. He has been forgotten in how basketball is being played now with 3 point shooting
....yeah, so much so that UK leads the SEC in 3 pt attempts.

"Entering Thursday, Jan. 5, Kentucky basketball is statistically the 13th-best 3-point shooting team in Division I — which consists of 363 teams.

The Wildcats have made 112 of 287 attempts from behind the arc, good for a 39.02 percent clip. Not only is that the best percentage of any team in the SEC, it also ranks atop the Power 5. "

1-0 against 'mighty' ut. So maybe rankings/projections don't mean shit at this point.
Regular season games don't matter, right dofus? Aren't those your words? 🤣

1 Seed> 12 Seed

OK, anywhere else besides UK come to your mind?
I don't know enough about Nates Oats to have any kind of a guess. Where he is from, what he likes, if married what and where his wife is from or likes? I also don't know his aspirations, so no.

I don't know enough about Nates Oats to have any kind of a guess. Where he is from, what he likes, if married what and where his wife is from or likes? I also don't know his aspirations, so no.
I wonder if he would do better at a traditional bball school? again with NIL, the lines between bball and fball schools are blurred.
Either way, I hope he stays in the SEC.
Makes our coaches/players better.

Reactions: cdbearde and della
Actually, those are all you really care about... until they don't fit your narrative, LuLu.
You try keeping up with what you care about and I'll keep up with me. You suck at reading minds.

One of the threads we got into a battle over this weekend started with Hawkit saying "told ya" about UK winning Saturday. I was watching UT play and the announcers said that Joe L. had just moved UK into the last for 4 in the tourney. So, I said to Hawkit, "you're right, UK will be a 12 seed. This set Scotty on a rampage that you jumped into. All for me agreeing that UK was now projected in the tourney and they would be a 12 seed. Low and behold I was spot on.

I wonder if he would do better at a traditional bball school? again with NIL, the lines between bball and fball schools are blurred.
The traditional basketball school thing is becoming less of a big deal. In the NIL era going forward. You are going to want to be at a school that has resources and money period

The traditional basketball school thing is becoming less of a big deal. In the NIL era going forward. You are going to want to be at a school that has resources and money period
That's what I was hinting at. With the money coming in, prestige is no longer an issue. Granted. Some schools are on national tv constantly and they're not.

Reactions: cdbearde
I would be surprised if that were the case. I doubt many coaches give a shit about history, they want to make their own. I would imagine if oats keeps it up, bama will build him anything he wants.

I would be surprised if that were the case. I doubt many coaches give a shit about history, they want to make their own. I would imagine if oats keeps it up, bama will build him anything he wants.
Probably a statue for a Final four.

Bottom line. I like having a HOF coach who can't rest on his laurels.
Bring on all the SEC has to offer. It should make us all better.
So many coaches have said "Kentucky is the standard".
Let UK be the standard and beat them and everyone else.

Alabama needs to build a new basketball arena at some point. That airport hanger is embarrassing

What does Barnes need to do to overcome Pat's shadow?
Pat was great and UT should have bought Dawn and not got caught up in Pat line of coaches. A stupid error imo.

Barnes is great too. I think keep beating UK on the regular at least until everyone figures out that beating the hell out of UK isn't that big of a deal anymore.

Alabama needs to build a new basketball arena at some point. That airport hanger is embarrassing
This is why bama has done so well at CFB and UT has not. bama decided they wanted Saban and spent double the amount of money that the highest paid coach made at that time.

UT went to the Dollar store to buy a coach: Dooley, Pruitt, Kiffin, and Jones. We spent as much as Saban with all the buyouts, but got an inferior product.

UT ponied up with Barnes and just announced Heupel new contract for 9 Mil/yr. Hopefully we have learned, cause we have surely suffered.

Reactions: cdbearde
Pat was great and UT should have bought Dawn and not got caught up in Pat line of coaches. A stupid error imo.

Barnes is great too. I think keep beating UK on the regular at least until everyone figures out that beating the hell out of UK isn't that big of a deal anymore.

Did Pat celebrate beating UK or Final Fours?

This is why bama has done so well at CFB and UT has not. bama decided they wanted Saban and spent double the amount of money that the highest paid coach made at that time.

UT went to the Dollar store to buy a coach: Dooley, Pruitt, Kiffin, and Jones. We spent as much as Saban with all the buyouts, but got an inferior product.

UT ponied up with Barnes and just announced Heupel new contract for 9 Mil/yr. Hopefully we have learned, cause we have surely suffered.
Auburn has done the same and paid for us drastically in buyouts

Reactions: della

ut certainly hasn't figured it out... selling out an arena, having a ceremony to retire a former player's jersey... there's only 1 team in the SEC that is on the schedule on such a day filled with all that expected celebration.

Funny how that worked out for ya.

ADVERTISEMENT