ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

Now Bufkin is gone. Silver lining in this will be that the team could be so bad that the AD has no choice but to fire Juwan. Next year gonna be rough though
I think there is zero chance he’s fired for performance after next year.
Have to hope we go HAM in the portal and put together a good team or he leaves for the nba.

Reactions: Sparty_57
Which school do you want Dickinson to go to?

I’ve heard he’s pretty good friends with T Shannon😉
I hope he goes to Gtown with some mercenary group or Duke/Kentucky/UNC where I can just hate on him.

Hoping not Miami cuz I know their asst head coach and like them.

If he stays in the B1G I’d be floored lol. Him coming into Crisler would be nuts.

I hope he goes to Gtown with some mercenary group or Duke/Kentucky/UNC where I can just hate on him.

Hoping not Miami cuz I know their asst head coach and like them.

If he stays in the B1G I’d be floored lol. Him coming into Crisler would be nuts.
G’Town would be cool. Think that’s where is Epps is going, too.

For some reason I just don’t see him going to Duke, but especially not Kentucky or UNC with Oscar and Bacot already there.

I know Illinois and Maryland have reached out, no idea if anyone else in Conference has…

Reactions: ConqueringHero
G’Town would be cool. Think that’s where is Epps is going, too.

For some reason I just don’t see him going to Duke, but especially not Kentucky or UNC with Oscar and Bacot already there.

I know Illinois and Maryland have reached out, no idea if anyone else in Conference has…
Would be funny if he comes to MD, but no chance with Reese…

Would be funny if he comes to MD, but no chance with Reese…
Reese and Dickinson would be a killer duo, if Reese could guard power forwards effectively.

No idea if you guys would have the NIL to get Young, Reese and Hunter though. Would likely be a very expensive group

Reese and Dickinson would be a killer duo, if Reese could guard power forwards effectively.

No idea if you guys would have the NIL to get Young, Reese and Hunter though. Would likely be a very expensive group
Obviously would love that , but in my opinion , don’t think Reese is fast enough to guard teams’s fours .

As for NIL, no clue to be honest how MD is doing , but we do have Kevin Plank. Heard though Young turned down some higher offers to stay at MD.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Obviously would love that , but in my opinion , don’t think Reese is fast enough to guard teams’s fours .

As for NIL, no clue to be honest how MD is doing , but we do have Kevin Plank. Heard though Young turned down some higher offers to stay at MD.
If you don’t think they’d play well together, but heard Dickinson wanted to come, would you take Dickinson over Reese? Or would you rather run it back with Reese?

Reactions: Noahtogo24
If you don’t think they’d play well together, but heard Dickinson wanted to come, would you take Dickinson over Reese? Or would you rather run it back with Reese?
Honestly I would go with Reese , since he could be here for two more seasons , and loved the growth under year 1 with Willard. Remember , Turge recruited him but quit after five games into the 21-22 season. An announcer, forgot who, basically said this was like Reese’s Freshman year.

Plus , I’m a bit biased also during the MD Dickerson feud previous years.

Honestly I would go with Reese , since he could be here for two more seasons , and loved the growth under year 1 with Willard. Remember , Turge recruited him but quit after five games into the 21-22 season. An announcer, forgot who, basically said this was like Reese’s Freshman year.

Plus , I’m a bit biased also during the MD Dickerson feud previous years.
Pretty sure Dickinson can play 2 as well due to a COVID year.

But I can understand wanting a guy that’s been with your program and still has a lot of room for another jump.

I’ve heard you guys are trying to rebuild the Dematha pipeline (maybe hiring someone from VT?), which might be part of why the Dickinson rumors are out there.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Pretty sure Dickinson can play 2 as well due to a COVID year.

But I can understand wanting a guy that’s been with your program and still has a lot of room for another jump.

I’ve heard you guys are trying to rebuild the Dematha pipeline (maybe hiring someone from VT?), which might be part of why the Dickinson rumors are out there.
Correct , with Tony Skinn at GMU, an assistant spot is open, and may go to Dematha’s head coach. Would like that since with Cooley at Georgetown no chance he is a worse recruiter than Ewing.

Correct , with Tony Skinn at GMU, an assistant spot is open, and may go to Dematha’s head coach. Would like that since with Cooley at Georgetown no chance he is a worse recruiter than Ewing.
What’s the plan this year in the portal for Maryland?

Hakim Hart coming back or has that ship sailed?

Imagine giving Jamison Battle a 500k NIL deal.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

I heard that Michigan and HD didn’t leave on the best of terms. Got the scoop or just an unfounded rumor?
Don’t know. I think it’s pretty obvious that Juwan wasn’t utilizing him correctly. He was well taken care of NIL wise and it’s not as though he actually is going to have an nba career, so who actually knows for sure

Reactions: cmore79
I hope Reese comes back and hits the you cant see me in front of every McCaffrey next year, just to watch half that fan base jump off the top of the children's hospital.

• Haha
Reactions: jwardelt
Would at least be better than giving Race Thompson $500k lol.
Yup. I think Battle could be the stretch four type guy that pairs well with Reneau at the five. But who knows. Not sure what Woody is gonna do next year but it sounds like it's not going to be playing through the post like he did with TJD. Should open us up for more offense, hopefully.

Reactions: boiler1987
That’s nice and all, but seriously, have you lost faith in Bielema?
It is a question that needs answered. If it wasn't for the refs on the take he wouldn't have lost a game this year.

That’s nice and all, but seriously, have you lost faith in Bielema?
😂😂😂

In all honesty, I haven’t lost any faith in him. I just never had faith in him making a Final Four at Illinois in the first place. I’m not retarted (I think…?)

I still feel like Purdue has no chance to get a nice portal addition. Hope to be wrong, but not paying a lot of attention right now.
Agreed. Desperately need the frosh to soph jump.

I still feel like Purdue has no chance to get a nice portal addition. Hope to be wrong, but not paying a lot of attention right now.
Is Painter just not attempting to get transfers or not getting traction?

Can’t imagine there is a ton of PT to offer with basically everyone returning

Is Painter just not attempting to get transfers or not getting traction?

Can’t imagine there is a ton of PT to offer with basically everyone returning
The NIL aspect is the concern. We desperately need a ball handler to backup smith and likely playing with him some. Painter is targeting them.
How about the Cryer kid from Baylor?
I mean he’s gonna have a bidding war. I don’t see Purdue winning that.

The NIL aspect is the concern. We desperately need a ball handler to backup smith and likely playing with him some. Painter is targeting them.
So a Jenkins replacement is it for you guys?

So a Jenkins replacement is it for you guys?
Yeah but need more ball handling. Jenkins issue was that he was best when Braden was manning the point.

We needed him to be able to handle his own while Braden got a breather, or to at least be able to comfortably handle ball for stretches alongside Braden. This caused Braden to be gassed in a lot of games and as the season wore on - especially when he had to be a one man press break (though I fault painter on some of that).

We essentially have 1 ball handler on the roster right now.

ADVERTISEMENT