ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

Loved the guy but not a real issue. Wish him the best.
Didn't figure it waas----Just thought he had a chance at PT. But then again, there is Smith/Loyer.

Hearing Notre Dame?---Make since being from Valpo

Loved the guy but not a real issue. Wish him the best.
Thought he was playing some good defense at the end of the year and had a few really good games. Kinda surprised aren't you all short on guards? I thought his athleticism was something you all needed with smith and loyer.

Reactions: texanhoosier1982
Thought he was playing some good defense at the end of the year and had a few really good games. Kinda surprised aren't you all short on guards? I thought his athleticism was something you all needed with smith and loyer.
Yeah those things are true. He was great defensively in the Big Ten Tourney and in some other games (Illinois especially).

The issue is that he was still in a real battle for minutes because that was really the only consistent stretch of games we've seen out of him in terms of effort and then just playing smart offensively. He still never got his 3 ball going despite having such a pure looking shot. So good Newman is a loss...but we only got Newman for a handful of games in the past 2 years despite the fact that he was in the program for 4 years.

We also have Colvin and Heide coming in who can potentially fill that void at the 3.

With that said, he's one of those guys that I think all Purdue fans will root for at his next stop. Came in and redshirted, lost his dad to covid, had a good first year then sat the bench last year and could've bailed then, but fought through and it got his degree.

He was just too inconsistent and couldn’t put it all together for long stretches of time. We are short on guards but he only has one year left anyway so we’ll bring in someone via the portal (probably 2 guards IMO unless Edey leaves).

Didn't figure it waas----Just thought he had a chance at PT. But then again, there is Smith/Loyer.

Hearing Notre Dame?---Make since being from Valpo
Smith/Loyer plus Colvin and any grad transfers we bring in. Fresh start probably makes sense for him tbh. He had multiple chances to “prove” he could be a starter and lot big minutes but was too inconsistent over his 4 years IMO.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
7hao9i.jpg

Reactions: Middawg
If he didn't have his Jekyll/Hyde moments passing the ball and was a better ball handler, then it would be a bigger loss. He was abnet negative against the press which was one of our biggest issues. Have a RS-Frosh and Frosh guards that will add more athleticism than what Newman brought to the table, but he did really turn it on defensively to end the season.

Michigan hockey lolol.

Minnesota vs. Quinnipiac for the Natty tomorrow night. No excuse for the Gophers. This is the most talented team in a couple decades.

Michigan hockey lolol.

Minnesota vs. Quinnipiac for the Natty tomorrow night. No excuse for the Gophers. This is the most talented team in a couple decades.
Minnesota is lucky they dodged Michigan. I still think Quinnipiac will win. There are nhl teams that younger on average than they are and they play that stupid neutral zone trap which they get away with because none of the tournament games are played on an Olympic sheet.

I didn't want that chucker anyways. His mom is physco. Am I doing this right? So much for Michigan not having NIL money, he was asking for a fvck ton.
That’s the most encouraging part to me. No clue if it will work great with him but at least it means we are finally figuring NIL out.

Apparently he has a GF at UM too.. 😻 is undefeated.

Welp that "boner" didn't last long---Ware to visit Bama. He gone.

Probably ends up at Arkansas or Bama

Welp that "boner" didn't last long---Ware to visit Bama. He gone.

Probably ends up at Arkansas or Bama
only CU game I went to this year was when they smoked Oregon in Boulder. Ware played a bit and you could see him dripping with talent, but he didn't look like he had any clue how to play basketball. He was a complete non factor out there.

I just looked at his stats and was surprised that he can knock down the 3 a bit.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT