ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

That call was reviewed and no personal foul or targeting was called. The Pasniuk play got the guy ejected for a a flagrant penalty that wasn’t even targeting because of malicious intent. Cool reach, though.
Never said the Panasuik play wasn't dirty.

#19 leaves his feet, launches, leads with his helmet, makes helmet to helmet contact all after Lewerke had released the ball downfield. Spare me the sanctimony.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11

#19 leaves his feet, launches, leads with his helmet, makes helmet to helmet contact all after Lewerke had released the ball downfield. Spare me the sanctimony.

You’re clearly trying to compare the two. One play that was reviewed and ruled not to even be targeting. One play where a player was ejected for his flagrant personal foul (never even knew those existed but play MSU enough and you’ll find out I guess).

Dude, I legit think this guy suffers from mental illness. It’s not worth it. My hope is UM starts getting jail sex’d in a few upcoming games and he drifts away to obscurity. This thread would benefit greatly.

Reactions: B-Westy
Dude, I legit think this guy suffers from mental illness. It’s not worth it. My hope is UM starts getting jail sex’d in a few upcoming games and he drifts away to obscurity. This thread would benefit greatly.

Good luck with that. We’ll get the smoke vs Ohio State but oh well. If you think I stop posting when Michigan loses you haven’t been paying attention.

If you really want me gone, how about a ban bet. I bet our game vs Ohio State is closer than 44-10.

Good luck with that. We’ll get the smoke vs Ohio State but oh well. If you think I stop posting when Michigan loses you haven’t been paying attention.

If you really want me gone, how about a ban bet. I bet our game vs Ohio State is closer than 44-10.

You keep posting about football, which is fine since I enjoy both sports but I don’t care about your game with Ohio State. I’m talking about basketball in a basketball thread on a basketball forum.

Ban bet? Your internet tough guy routine is off the charts, bro. I am just not manly enough for your internet tough guy skills.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
You keep posting about football, which is fine since I enjoy both sports but I don’t care about your game with Ohio State. I’m talking about basketball in a basketball thread on a basketball forum.

Ban bet? Your internet tough guy routine is off the charts, bro. I am just not manly enough for your internet tough guy skills.

If you think ban bets make someone tough then that says more about you than me.

I realize logic evades you but I was giving you an opportunity to be the hero this thread deserves and get me out of this thread.

If you think ban bets make someone tough then that says more about you than me.

I realize logic evades you but I was giving you an opportunity to be the hero this thread deserves and get me out of this thread.

It’s a bad bet. I would lose. I don’t care about you posting here but I’d prefer it to be normal talk where it’s just not constant trolling. We all know UM beat up MSU in football. Congrats on the game. You have the upper hand in the rivalry and the scales are ripped UM’s way for the first time on a very long time. No need to fully expose your nuts to everyone here. We’re all happy for you.

Thought we looked scary good last night. Gabe Brown is probably the most improved player on the team and that’s huge with Langford still out. Rocket Watts looks ridiculously athletic but needs to let the game come to him a bit more. Cassius and X looked good as usual. Izzo left X in to get his game going after his slow start and he had a big day. This team looks special.

Reactions: MGC_07
It’s a bad bet. I would lose. I don’t care about you posting here but I’d prefer it to be normal talk where it’s just not constant trolling. We all know UM beat up MSU in football. Congrats on the game. You have the upper hand in the rivalry and the scales are ripped UM’s way for the first time on a very long time. No need to fully expose your nuts to everyone here. We’re all happy for you.

Thought we looked scary good last night. Gabe Brown is probably the most improved player on the team and that’s huge with Langford still out. Rocket Watts looks ridiculously athletic but needs to let the game come to him a bit more. Cassius and X looked good as usual. Izzo left X in to get his game going after his slow start and he had a big day. This team looks special.
Team defensively is clicking right now as lost Izzo teams do in March.

MSU is really, really good. Good chance that you guys win this whole thing. Just not sure if I'd get overly excited about pounding Charleston Southern. Furman beat those guys by 44 points last week.

We also beat SH while taking every body blow they threw at us with Powell going full Kobe.

And you look at Kentucky and I thought after that game we should have beat them if Maxey didn’t go off from 25+ feet out and I think it has quite a bit of merit given their struggles. It’s not just about Charleston Southern as they were just outgunned. No shame, that’s just how it goes when there’s like over 300 D1 teams and AD’s are just trying to get paid by bigger schools.

I had moved on from the conversation yesterday. It was a Sparty fan that decided to bring it back up today with the Kwity Paye video. If you’re serious about not wanting the constant back and forth make sure you call out shit posters on both sides, not just me for responding to the MSU dude.

We also beat SH while taking every body blow they threw at us with Powell going full Kobe.

And you look at Kentucky and I thought after that game we should have beat them if Maxey didn’t go off from 25+ feet out and I think it has quite a bit of merit given their struggles. It’s not just about Charleston Southern as they were just outgunned. No shame, that’s just how it goes when there’s like over 300 D1 teams and AD’s are just trying to get paid by bigger schools.

I'm not dismissing your team at all. In the thread that asked everyone to name your top 5 teams, I listed MSU as my #1 team, in spite of the loss to Kentucky. I think you have the most complete team. And it could potentially be better if you get Hauser and/or Langford in uniform. The Seton Hall game was a very, very good win. I think SHU will remain a top 15 team. Just don't think a win over Charleston Southern tells us much of anything. That is all.

You’re clearly trying to compare the two. One play that was reviewed and ruled not to even be targeting. One play where a player was ejected for his flagrant personal foul (never even knew those existed but play MSU enough and you’ll find out I guess).
I took exception with you saying Michigan is different. Clearly they're not.

I'm done with this convo. I don't want to muck up this thread with a bunch of football rivalry BS.

I'm not dismissing your team at all. In the thread that asked everyone to name your top 5 teams, I listed MSU as my #1 team, in spite of the loss to Kentucky. I think you have the most complete team. And it could potentially be better if you get Hauser and/or Langford in uniform. The Seton Hall game was a very, very good win. I think SHU will remain a top 15 team. Just don't think a win over Charleston Southern tells us much of anything. That is all.

I think the enthusiasm from last night's game had more to do with guys continuing to step up. Or at least that is my opinion. It's good to see Gabe Brown gain some confidence. Same for Rocket, though his shot is still not there.

For me, the biggest concern since Langford news has been scoring from the guards, especially anyone other than Cash. Henry didn't play last night because of his ankles, so it was good to see those guards / wings show up. Not the best competition for sure, but at least they competent.

Edit: and defense from the guards. Brown and Rocket both look to be at least decent defenders

I think the enthusiasm from last night's game had more to do with guys continuing to step up. Or at least that is my opinion. It's good to see Gabe Brown gain some confidence. Same for Rocket, though his shot is still not there.

For me, the biggest concern since Langford news has been scoring from the guards, especially anyone other than Cash. Henry didn't play last night because of his ankles, so it was good to see those guards / wings show up. Not the best competition for sure, but at least they competent.

Edit: and defense from the guards. Brown and Rocket both look to be at least decent defenders
Tough to glean anything from last night's game because of the level of comp but Gabe Brown's development has been very encouraging. Kithier has been solid, too. We've got a lot of weapons.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Same for Rocket, though his shot is still not there.
I haven't had the time to watch much college ball so far (missed 3 of Purdue's 4 games), but I don't think it's a bad thing for a scorer like Rocket to learn through his mistakes and misses. You're gonna need another scoring guard down the road, and I think him getting a feel for the competition now is a better way for a guy w/ that scoring mindset to learn than by being eased along.

I haven't had the time to watch much college ball so far (missed 3 of Purdue's 4 games), but I don't think it's a bad thing for a scorer like Rocket to learn through his mistakes and misses. You're gonna need another scoring guard down the road, and I think him getting a feel for the competition now is a better way for a guy w/ that scoring mindset to learn than by being eased along.

Agree. Its just so weird to me, because shooting is what he was known for, in high school. His defense and passing have actually impressed me, because that is where I thought he would need a complete revamp, playing with Spire and LaMelo... That said, I think that as he becomes more comfortable and out of his own head on the shooting - they'll start to drop. Right now he's a blistering 17% from 3 (3 for 17).

Agree. Its just so weird to me, because shooting is what he was known for, in high school. His defense and passing have actually impressed me, because that is where I thought he would need a complete revamp, playing with Spire and LaMelo... That said, I think that as he becomes more comfortable and out of his own head on the shooting - they'll start to drop. Right now he's a blistering 17% from 3 (3 for 17).
I like my young guys shooting through this stuff (as long as they're not being reckless). Sometimes it pays off, other times freshmen simply need a year under their belts and an off-season. Either way, for Rocket, I'd definitely want him shooting through this. Good to see he's finding values in other ways while shooting poorly.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
That call was reviewed and no personal foul or targeting was called. The Pasniuk play got the guy ejected for a a flagrant penalty that wasn’t even targeting because of malicious intent. Cool reach, though.
As a third party observer, the hit by the Michigan player was way worse and textbook targeting, whether it was called that way or not. Lunged, leaving his feet, and hit with the crown of the helmet, hitting the QB in the helmet. The MSU might have been viewed as a "cheap shot" but was a way less intense hit.

As a third party observer, the hit by the Michigan player was way worse and textbook targeting, whether it was called that way or not. Lunged, leaving his feet, and hit with the crown of the helmet, hitting the QB in the helmet. The MSU might have been viewed as a "cheap shot" but was a way less intense hit.

“Neutral observer”

tenor.gif

I agree with your take.

Terps play Fairfield tonight- luckily there is the Thanksgiving tourney in Florida next week- step up in competition for the Terps..

Indiana fans are really confident about beating Michigan this weekend. 3 straight decades without a win sure hasn’t humbled that fan base.

Indiana fans are really confident about beating Michigan this weekend. 3 straight decades without a win sure hasn’t humbled that fan base.
Not confident. But I am more optimistic than I ever have been. Doesn’t mean I think we’re gonna win, but I do think it’ll be a good game.

Reactions: theetommyt
Until this last week I really just assumed IU was the product of their weak ass schedule. Played no one in non-con, Rutgers & NW are trash, barely slipped by a horrible MD team, barely slipped by a bad Nebraska team without Martinez, etc.

But they put up a hell of a fight in Happy Valley so it would seem I was wrong with that assumption. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did give UM a tough game, especially since UM’s offense can look like your local high school’s every now and then.

Until this last week I really just assumed IU was the product of their weak ass schedule. Played no one in non-con, Rutgers & NW are trash, barely slipped by a horrible MD team, barely slipped by a bad Nebraska team without Martinez, etc.

But they put up a hell of a fight in Happy Valley so it would seem I was wrong with that assumption. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did give UM a tough game, especially since UM’s offense can look like your local high school’s every now and then.

Maybe the give Michigan a tough game. Maybe not.

With how Michigan has looked lately, I'm not concerned about a loss.

No idea. Not really that important, TBH.

I think it’d be a big statement for them to sell out one of the biggest games they’ve had in years. But hey that’s just me. A win is more important obviously but selling out is a big deal too.

I think it’d be a big statement for them to sell out one of the biggest games they’ve had in years. But hey that’s just me. A win is more important obviously but selling out is a big deal too.

A statement to who? Recruits aren’t watching to see if IU sells out one game. A win in the final two games of the year and then the bowl game and win would make a statement

ADVERTISEMENT