ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

@HoosierstuckinIowa the post you quoted is messed up so I’ll tag you. Quite a bit of Indiana posters on the free board I’m trolling think Indiana wins this. I won’t bother quoting because all home boards have homers but I was surprised to see that many IU fans expecting a win.

I don't go there or anywhere else but here and I'm sure that board is full of idiots.

Gotta say that I don't see the appeal of Marquette. All they've done under Woj is chuck 3s and be soft as baby shit.
I get the appeal of Marquette as a basketball program. They are very well supported financially and have great resources and facilities. But yeah, Woj hasn't done shit with it. He hasn't even won a tourney game in his tenure there. Not to mention the Milwaukee area is not the most desirable place in the world.

Reactions: SNU0821
I get the appeal of Marquette as a basketball program. They are very well supported financially and have great resources and facilities. But yeah, Woj hasn't done shit with it. He hasn't even won a tourney game in his tenure there. Not to mention the Milwaukee area is not the most desirable place in the world.
Yeah generally speaking I understand that it's a decent program and such. But for Garcia, it seems like an odd fit considering they don't have a ton of momentum or anything. But I can't say to know much about the recruitment.

Yeah generally speaking I understand that it's a decent program and such. But for Garcia, it seems like an odd fit considering they don't have a ton of momentum or anything. But I can't say to know much about the recruitment.

They have told him he will get Howard's shots

They have told him he will get Howard's shots

giphy.gif

Michigan isn’t down. We are on a three game stretch of beating Notre Dame, Maryland, and MSU by a combined score of 127-31.

They don't look as strong as the were supposed to be. Thats an overrated avg notre dame team, and two other are a combined 7-13. I still don't think they win buts its Indian's best team in decades, its their best shot in a while. Don't let crazy borden speak for the entire fanbase.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
They don't look as strong as the were supposed to be. Thats an overrated avg notre dame team, and two other are a combined 7-13. I still don't think they win buts its Indian's best team in decades, its their best shot in a while. Don't let crazy borden speak for the entire fanbase.

That doesn’t make the down lol.

In all my time here I don’t think I’ve ever been trolled harder than being asked if I’ll disappear after a loss

this Garcia thing is reminding me of Foster going to ISU, parents and the kid were big Hawkeye fans and yet said the draw was ISU putting players into the NBA. they have put FEW in but those were under Hoiberg, Prohm has zero,

Ogudele chose Iowa because of how Fran has put players into the NBA. to me Prohm have promised him at least a starting spot from day one, which Fran can't really do and won't do, right now these will be the players in front of him
Garza, Nunge and Pemsl. but this is why I am not upset about not getting him
Fran needed a 5 more than he needed a 4 and that is what Foster wants to play
Ogudele fits the 5 better than Foster does. no need to struggle trying to play a player at a position he has no intention of playing.

this what Wojo is probably doing promising he will start from day one, to me Archie does appear to be the type to promise starting job to anyone.

Name all of Fran's guys that have played more than 50 career games in the NBA.
none of them have been in the NBA long enough
Marble 2nd rnd choice made the team and in 2nd season had his eyes racked so bad that it took surgery to save them, played over seas last season then was invited to a NBA team got cut and is in either the G-League or over seas
White 2nd rnd NBA pick drafted by the Wizard then stashed overseas, twice turned down a NBA team to play overseas
Uthoff is currently on a NBA Roster
Jok is currently on a NBA roster
Cook is currently on a NBA Roster

that makes 4 players that are on a NBA team with 5 having a shot at a NBA career and that is all that matters. making the NBA after a player gets there then is on them to make the most of the opportunity,

none of them have been in the NBA long enough
Marble 2nd rnd choice made the team and in 2nd season had his eyes racked so bad that it took surgery to save them, played over seas last season then was invited to a NBA team got cut and is in either the G-League or over seas
White 2nd rnd NBA pick drafted by the Wizard then stashed overseas, twice turned down a NBA team to play overseas
Uthoff is currently on a NBA Roster
Jok is currently on a NBA roster
Cook is currently on a NBA Roster

that makes 4 players that are on a NBA team with 5 having a shot at a NBA career and that is all that matters. making the NBA after a player gets there then is on them to make the most of the opportunity,

Uthoff and Jok are not on NBA rosters. And Cook is buried deep on Cleveland's depth chart. My only point was that Ogundele's selling point was probably something other than Fran's ability to get players to the NBA.

Reactions: klize17
It was a joke. No commentary to glean from it.

The story seems like it tells itself based on your 2 posts actually. Woj hasn't done shit in 5+ seasons. Makes the potential Dickenson commit even weirder... as Howard is a 5'11" scoring guard, and Marquette doesn't seem to really "feature" their bigs

Reactions: Jaycg15 and Toast.
Uthoff and Jok are not on NBA rosters. And Cook is buried deep on Cleveland's depth chart. My only point was that Ogundele's selling point was probably something other than Fran's ability to get players to the NBA.
that is what the kid stated himself, oh wait the kid lied to the reporter.

as for Cook being buried who cares he is still on the roster, Other Iowa players have been in the NBA
Lohaus 2nd pick by the Celtic [didn't have a 1st rnd pick]
Bowan and Bullard played for 10 years
Hansen has a NBA Championship ring
BJ Armstrong 2 NBA Championship starter on the NBA East All Star team and starter for the Bulls.
there are others but don''t feel the need to tell you more, as for Jok and Uthoff when did they get released? it was not that long ago that a poster on Hawkeye Nation gave a update on both of them still being on NBA teams,

Garcia to Marquette. Not a surprise. MU can offer PT, immediately, at his spot. IU could not.

No worries. IU is pretty good at that position. Need a PG.

Reactions: SNU0821
Garcia to Marquette officially. He would have been a fantastic get and nice finish to the class.

I don't let recruiting misses get to me anymore. Maybe its because Archie is a lot less scattered brain then Crean and doesn't reach for the Gelons, Prillers of the world. I still like to follow it, but I certainly do not get upset about misses anymore.

Reactions: KisteK and SNU0821
Interesting comments I want to bring over here for discussion. Thoughts?

"Some will classify this as negative recruiting, but I do think one thing that the Garcia family never got past, and this is a credit to Marquette, is the Big Ten style of play. I know for a fact Dawson brought up the specific analytics on pace of play and then also how physical the Big Ten is to both Indiana and Minnesota on visits. While Dawson is by no means soft, he is not a bruising 245 pound kid. Marquette was able to show him quantitatively how much faster the Big East is in their play, and then qualitatively with film about how it is more open and less physical."

"Some will classify this as negative recruiting, but I do think one thing that the Garcia family never got past, and this is a credit to Marquette, is the Big Ten style of play. I know for a fact Dawson brought up the specific analytics on pace of play and then also how physical the Big Ten is to both Indiana and Minnesota on visits. While Dawson is by no means soft, he is not a bruising 245 pound kid. Marquette was able to show him quantitatively how much faster the Big East is in their play, and then qualitatively with film about how it is more open and less physical."

I’ll enjoy us kicking their ass next year for you.

the physical play that is allowed by the ref's cause BT teams to lose recruits and its a shame. its about time that the BT puts a stop to the physical play that is being allowed,

never thought about that as a reason why Foster chose ISU vs Iowa as he is 225 lbs @ 7'0 NOT every players wants to put 25-30 lbs on just to play BB.

makes you wonder how many other players avoid the BT just for that same reason.

Stix survived and even thrived some in the B1G as a freshman. The B1G just gets a bad rap.

In advance of Wisconsin's annual ass whooping of Purdue football, I wanted to share a far better version of Jump Around than Camp Randall's:

We should’ve won last year IMO. Two years ago at Wisconsin we also had a chance too. At least we don’t get blown out anymore (fully realizing that could happen on Saturday though).

the physical play that is allowed by the ref's cause BT teams to lose recruits and its a shame. its about time that the BT puts a stop to the physical play that is being allowed,

never thought about that as a reason why Foster chose ISU vs Iowa as he is 225 lbs @ 7'0 NOT every players wants to put 25-30 lbs on just to play BB.

makes you wonder how many other players avoid the BT just for that same reason.

I certainly think it happens and coaches can use that against programs. Virginia gets crushed on the recruiting trail by other coaches.

We have all had this conversation, but I do think the way B1G conference games are called effect the way B1G teams do in the tournament. Obviously not all teams have issues since plenty have made the Final Four recently, but no titles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT