ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

#1, obviously. Did you not see their 20 point win over Elon?
WOK68xY.gif

Reactions: Sparty_0n
We got a road win over a top 15 team and Louisville beats up on so cupcakes and they jump us? Ok lol

We weren’t even receiving votes last week and I made that post before I saw this week.

Regardless:

Sagarin 16
Kenpom 25
AP 34

Purdue is 10 at KenPom and 31 at Sagarin and we don't deserve to be ranked either.

Computer rankings are flawed early in the year.

#1, obviously. Did you not see their 20 point win over Elon?

Michigan was outside the top 44 in the most recent AP poll I saw when I made that post.

They are 34th now.

I’ll offer you or anyone this bet:
If Michigan is ranked higher than 34th by Kenpom at the end of the season, I win.

If Michigan is outside the top 44 in Kenpom, you win.

If Michigan is between 34 and 44 it’s a push.

And I know not a single person here will take that bet because nothing I said was crazy.

Michigan was outside the top 44 in the most recent AP poll I saw when I made that post.

They are 34th now.

I’ll offer you or anyone this bet:
If Michigan is ranked higher than 34th by Kenpom at the end of the season, I win.

If Michigan is outside the top 44 in Kenpom, you win.

If Michigan is between 34 and 44 it’s a push.

And I know not a single person here will take that bet because nothing I said was crazy.

I think it could be close because a good chunk of the Big Ten has shit the bed so far this year (yes, including Purdue). That will drag down the KenPom rankings of all Big Ten teams unless we recover and perform well in preseason tourneys and in the B1G/ACC Challenge.

Reactions: KisteK
Well, the team that beat you did lose to Evansville.
I think an actual win against a top 15 team is more important than the transitive property in CBB. Louisville has played a single Power 6 team and they won by 13, against Miami FL.

I think it could be close because a good chunk of the Big Ten has shit the bed so far this year (yes, including Purdue). That will drag down the KenPom rankings of all Big Ten teams unless we recover and perform well in preseason tourneys and in the B1G/ACC Challenge.

Let’s dance.

Hail, you guys will more than likely finish the regular season 9-3, and are you as a UM fan satisfied with that? Not trying to be troll, but at what year does Harbaugh have to at least make it to the Big Ten championship game.

Stole this from The Fort and maybe it will put how I feel about Harbaugh in perspective:

“Here's where we were 5 years and a couple weeks ago. After MSU hustled to the line at the end of regulation to punch in one more TD. They won 35-11 and out gained us 446-186. This just a year after holding us to -48 rushing yards in 2013. Again, this perfectly sums up the kind of program Jim Harbaugh inherited:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2014/10/26/michigan-stake-michigan-state-brady-hoke/17961997/

Michigan was not thinking of how to conquer OSU and become the elite program in the Big Ten. We were licking Dantonio's boots after getting spanked, and humiliated. A month earlier we had lost to Rutgers. 3 weeks later we'd lose to Maryland on senior day.

Five years later we have gutted MSU. They are done, and make no mistake, that's because Jim Harbaugh came home to fix our mess. They built their program around beating Michigan, and that identity gave way to all the other successes they had. When Jim annihilated that identity, they quickly reverted to what they've always been.

So for all of you who would pile on Jim "because it's year 5 and I want more!!". Guess what, if he hadn't come home to fix our backyard, we might well still be MSU's bitch with absolutely no shot at climbing higher. Harbaugh has reclaimed our state. The next step is taking control of the division against the most powerful program north of of the SEC. It won't be easy, but neither was annihilating MSU.

Let's all keep this in mind the next time something doesn't go our way and the village idiots start calling for a coaching change.”

Stole this from The Fort and maybe it will put how I feel about Harbaugh in perspective:

“Here's where we were 5 years and a couple weeks ago. After MSU hustled to the line at the end of regulation to punch in one more TD. They won 35-11 and out gained us 446-186. This just a year after holding us to -48 rushing yards in 2013. Again, this perfectly sums up the kind of program Jim Harbaugh inherited:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2014/10/26/michigan-stake-michigan-state-brady-hoke/17961997/

Michigan was not thinking of how to conquer OSU and become the elite program in the Big Ten. We were licking Dantonio's boots after getting spanked, and humiliated. A month earlier we had lost to Rutgers. 3 weeks later we'd lose to Maryland on senior day.

Five years later we have gutted MSU. They are done, and make no mistake, that's because Jim Harbaugh came home to fix our mess. They built their program around beating Michigan, and that identity gave way to all the other successes they had. When Jim annihilated that identity, they quickly reverted to what they've always been.

So for all of you who would pile on Jim "because it's year 5 and I want more!!". Guess what, if he hadn't come home to fix our backyard, we might well still be MSU's bitch with absolutely no shot at climbing higher. Harbaugh has reclaimed our state. The next step is taking control of the division against the most powerful program north of of the SEC. It won't be easy, but neither was annihilating MSU.

Let's all keep this in mind the next time something doesn't go our way and the village idiots start calling for a coaching change.”

Call me crazy but MSU has the ability to hire the right guy and have a solid program. Top 20 in attendance and revenue and play in the Big Ten. Dantonio won 3 Big Ten championships and if we make the right hire then we can get back to that level of play.

It will always be my opinion that UM is too quick to claim victory. Sparty this, Sparty that, blah, blah, blah. Dantonio has a good run and it’s coming to an end. He’s not immortal. The next guy will have his opportunity too.

As for Harbaugh, he has Michigan back to where they have historically been but there is no more sharing the Big Ten. You have to go out and win it outright and win those difficult big games and you have to do it consistently. That’s really tough. I don’t blame the guy for not having a championship yet, but it sure does crack me up.

Call me crazy but MSU has the ability to hire the right guy and have a solid program. Top 20 in attendance and revenue and play in the Big Ten. Dantonio won 3 Big Ten championships and if we make the right hire then we can get back to that level of play.

It will always be my opinion that UM is too quick to claim victory. Sparty this, Sparty that, blah, blah, blah. Dantonio has a good run and it’s coming to an end. He’s not immortal. The next guy will have his opportunity too.

As for Harbaugh, he has Michigan back to where they have historically been but there is no more sharing the Big Ten. You have to go out and win it outright and win those difficult big games and you have to do it consistently. That’s really tough. I don’t blame the guy for not having a championship yet, but it sure does crack me up.
Agree with this. In the quote Hail used, they said MSU is done, and that’s because of Harbaugh. That is simply false.

ACC & Big Ten have 7 of the top 10 teams. Looking forward to the challenge.

I can’t wait to see this heavyweight matchup between Maryland and *checks notes* Notre Dame. At least that loser Turge will be happy he doesn’t have to face a tough team, maybe we can finally win a game as a B1G team.

Reactions: SNU0821
I can’t wait to see this heavyweight matchup between Maryland and *checks notes* Notre Dame. At least that loser Turge will be happy he doesn’t have to face a tough team, maybe we can finally win a game as a B1G team.
I'd love to trade you. The way Purdue is playing, I'd prefer not to have that rematch with Virginia so soon. If our early season struggles continue, we'll be lucky to break 50 points against their packline D.

I'd love to trade you. The way Purdue is playing, I'd prefer not to have that rematch with Virginia so soon. If our early season struggles continue, we'll be lucky to break 50 points against their packline D.

I’ll trade. We’re in a lose lose situation. If we win and ND isn’t good it doesn’t help but if we lose to the shitty team....

You literally make a personalized top 50 list and don’t understand why people are interested in rankings?

I understand why we make the lists. It's the same reason we post on this board. It's fun to express our opinions and speculate. It's not a final judgement on any team, however. Just a snapshot of how good I think teams are on a particular day.

Would have been nice to see a Maryland-UVA matchup. Not sure why you guys were paired with Notre Dame. They're an okay team, but very much middle of the road, IMO. So yeah, I guess the upside is you're much less likely to lose.

That's not true at all, really.

What would MSU have accomplished this year if they beat UM? Still, nothing. The underdog rarely wins this game. Dantonio built the MSU program around beating nationally elite teams and wining championships. Beating UM was just something on the road to achieving those great things.

Even in 2015, UM was only the third biggest win of the year for MSU.

This article just confirms the UM arrogance that its all about them. How did Harbaugh kill MSUs identity? We were a 6 loss team last year and were 4-5 going into the game this year...if we were 7-2 heading into Ann Arbor and got destroyed...that viewpoint ight have an ounce of credibility.

What would MSU have accomplished this year if they beat UM? Still, nothing. The underdog rarely wins this game. Dantonio built the MSU program around beating nationally elite teams and wining championships. Beating UM was just something on the road to achieving those great things.

This article just confirms the UM arrogance that its all about them. How did Harbaugh kill MSUs identity? We were a 6 loss team last year and were 4-5 going into the game this year...if we were 7-2 heading into Ann Arbor and got destroyed...that viewpoint ight have an ounce of credibility.
I obviously hate UM football, but our rise didn’t come from beating them, and their fan base seems to think it is. It came from beating OSU, going to the Rose bowl, going to the CFP. Completely agree.

The point of sharing that was to let MGC know how I feel about Harbaugh. I’m happy with where he has Michigan even if that is squarely behind Ohio State.

Yeah, it’s probably the Michigan post ever. No wonder it came from their home board. We won the Big Ten 3 times under Dantonio, Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, CFP, numerous big wins in regular season games and other bowl wins, bunch of kids sent to the NFL... but our identity is beating UM. Right. I’m sure Stanford really cares that we beat UM in 2013 and not about losing to us in the Rose Bowl.

Michigan fans are a different kind of person.

Reactions: northeastspartan
I obviously hate UM football, but our rise didn’t come from beating them, and their fan base seems to think it is. It came from beating OSU, going to the Rose bowl, going to the CFP. Completely agree.

You asked about how I felt about Harbaugh. I thought that painted a good picture of how some Michigan fans are aware of what he took over and where he has us now compared to the shit we dealt with during RichRod and Hoke.

Yeah, it’s probably the Michigan post ever. No wonder it came from their home board. We won the Big Ten 3 times under Dantonio, Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, CFP, numerous big wins in regular season games and other bowl wins, bunch of kids sent to the NFL... but our identity is beating UM. Right. I’m sure Stanford really cares that we beat UM in 2013 and not about losing to us in the Rose Bowl.

Michigan fans are a different kind of person.

Of course off the MSU shit is going to be anti-MSU. You guys are missing the point of why I posted it.

ADVERTISEMENT