ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

no but you are trying to ignore how they did at the same grade level, you don't have a damn clue on how JT will finish now do you. who knows JT may end up better than both of them. now unless you can see the future or have a time machine why don't you just STFU and sit back and watch how his career develops.
The irony in this post is ridiculous. Maybe take your own advice and "just STFU and sit back and watch how his career develops.", instead of trying to compare him to three of the greatest players in Iowa history. Your constant stream of nonsensical ramblings are, quite frankly, sad and embarrassing to the entire fanbase. You sir, are mentally exhausting.

The irony in this post is ridiculous. Maybe take your own advice and "just STFU and sit back and watch how his career develops.", instead of trying to compare him to three of the greatest players in Iowa history. Your constant stream of nonsensical ramblings are, quite frankly, sad and embarrassing to the entire fanbase. You sir, are mentally exhausting.
there is the ignore button if you are embarressed by my supporting FR players rather that trashing them like you are.

Fran was a PG himself and he has worked with these
Gesell
Jordan
and JT

the 1st 2 developed quite nicely under Fran. in JT NYCHoops ranked him the #1 pg in NYC and the #2 player in the state of NY. ESPN Graded him a 80 4* player. Jordan was also 4* player by ESPN. HMMM looks pretty good to me.

there is the ignore button if you are embarressed by my supporting FR players rather that trashing them like you are.

Gesell
Jordan
and JT

the 1st 2 developed quite nicely under Fran. in JT NYCHoops ranked him the #1 pg in NYC and the #2 player in the state of NY. ESPN Graded him a 80 4* player. Jordan was also 4* player by ESPN. HMMM looks pretty good to me.
Please quote any post where I've ever trashed an Iowa player. I'm just not a homer knuckledragging troglodyte who can't look at anything objectively. Like yourself.

giphy.gif

Please quote any post where I've ever trashed an Iowa player. I'm just not a homer knuckledragging troglodyte who can't look at anything objectively. Like yourself.
after following Iowa for over 60 years I have watched player come and go and have heard the same BS that you are spewing, after Ronnie Iowa would NEVER get another one close to him and yet here comes along BJ then after BJ here came Dean Oliver
now under Fran its been Gesell and Jordan. with Fran being a ex college PG himself and his eye for talent, remember he was the 1st to identify and offer Tyler Ulis and he ended up @ Kentucky. he has also been the 1st to identify and offer only to see them sign with a blue blood to many times.

after following Iowa for over 60 years I have watched player come and go and have heard the same BS that you are spewing, after Ronnie Iowa would NEVER get another one close to him and yet here comes along BJ then after BJ here came Dean Oliver
now under Fran its been Gesell and Jordan. with Fran being a ex college PG himself and his eye for talent, remember he was the 1st to identify and offer Tyler Ulis and he ended up @ Kentucky. he has also been the 1st to identify and offer only to see them sign with a blue blood to many times.
Wait, you’re over 60 and you’re this clueless?

Reactions: IUfanBorden

Gesell
Jordan
and JT

We’d love to ignore you but then we can’t post in this thread.

Let's assume that every big 10 team I ranked 1-14 in the country, everyone is at their peak. What is the best home court advantage in the league?

Indiana - "Carnegie" (Assembly) Hall
Purdue - Mackey Arena
MSU - Breslin Center
Maryland - Xfinity Center
Wisco - Kohl Center
Rutgers - The RAC
Minnesota - "The Barn" (Williams Arena)
Nebraska - Pinnacle Bank Arena
Illinois - State Farm Center
Iowa - Hawkeye Carver
Michigan - Crisler Center
Northwestern - Welsh Ryan Arena
Ohio St. - Value City Arena
Penn St - Bryce Jordan Center

I feel good about the first group but it gets muddy fast.

Its already tough to win on the road, what is the toughest it could be?
I haven’t hit any road B1G games since joining the league, so can’t speak to the other arenas.

But, The RAC is historically one of the hardest places to play in the country (when good). Coach Calhoun is on the record saying it’s the most difficult environment he’s had to coach in. I believe Pitinio said this as well when Louisville first joined the Big East.

I haven’t hit any road B1G games since joining the league, so can’t speak to the other arenas.

But, The RAC is historically one of the hardest places to play in the country (when good). Coach Calhoun is on the record saying it’s the most difficult environment he’s had to coach in. I believe Pitinio said this as well when Louisville first joined the Big East.

Which is why he put you guys 6th and not 12th.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Let's assume that every big 10 team I ranked 1-14 in the country, everyone is at their peak. What is the best home court advantage in the league?

Indiana - "Carnegie" (Assembly) Hall
Purdue - Mackey Arena
MSU - Breslin Center
Maryland - Xfinity Center
Wisco - Kohl Center
Rutgers - The RAC
Minnesota - "The Barn" (Williams Arena)
Nebraska - Pinnacle Bank Arena
Illinois - State Farm Center
Iowa - Hawkeye Carver
Michigan - Crisler Center
Northwestern - Welsh Ryan Arena
Ohio St. - Value City Arena
Penn St - Bryce Jordan Center

I feel good about the first group but it gets muddy fast.

Its already tough to win on the road, what is the toughest it could be?

Since I’ve been following college basketball I’d put Mackey, Breslin, and Kohl Center above Assembly Hall in some order.

Since I’ve been following college basketball I’d put Mackey, Breslin, and Kohl Center above Assembly Hall in some order.
All four are tough. But IMO, it has a lot to do with the product on the floor, as well. I'll say this, when IU gets it going, Assembly Hall is extremely difficult place to play. Its design makes it seem as if the noise is engulfing you. Very loud.

All four are tough. But IMO, it has a lot to do with the product on the floor, as well. I'll say this, when IU gets it going, Assembly Hall is extremely difficult place to play. Its design makes it seem as if the noise is engulfing you. Very loud.

Serious question, what were they thinking when they designed AH? So many bad seats in that place especially in the balcony lol.

Serious question, what were they thinking when they designed AH? So many bad seats in that place especially in the balcony lol.

Acoustics. Basically a concert hall for both sides. Balcony is dangerous. Still think it should have been torn down and rebuilt.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Acoustics. Basically a concert hall for both sides. Balcony is dangerous. Still think it should have been torn down and rebuilt.

Yep balcony seats are really bad. I agree it gets loud but I can’t think of another arena with as many bad seats aside from maybe Vanderbilt haha.

Yep balcony seats are really bad. I agree it gets loud but I can’t think of another arena with as many bad seats aside from maybe Vanderbilt haha.
I refuse to sit in the balcony. Maybe the first few rows. But after that? Nope.

As Da Bull said---acoustics. They succeeded in that part---Place can get insanely loud. But the balcony is ****ed up.

Right?! Haha. I sat up there for my sisters graduation and couldn’t believe people actually watch basketball games up there.
My wife and I went two years ago---She was like---Never again will I sit up there. I was like, cool.

The big ten is going to be constantly shuffling teams through the 15-25. Is be surprised if Rutgers wasn't ranked Monday.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Damn, glanced thru this weekend's posts and it's so inundated with Iowa derelicts that we don't even have time for a good Purdue-IU shitposting session.

ADVERTISEMENT