ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

I agree you don't double Edey just switch up defenders. If I was Purdue I'd definitely double TJD.
Not sure Purdue doubles TJD, when you get a dude like Edey waiting, BUT.....coming from the weak side to help is a much easier way to pick up a cheap foul----especially if you are late.

Look for IU(HOPEFULLY) to put Edey in some PNR, ball action situations. Make him defend away from the basket. ALSO, it pulls him away---opens up possible offensive boards, or allows Renau/Race to work one on one..

If I'm Mike-----I run, run and run...

Pretty simple----Cannot let Purdue "eat from both tables."---Edey is gonna get his.

1. I would not double Edey.

2. Run Purdue off the 3 point line---DO NOT HELP.

3. Try and post up Smith/Loyer. Maybe get some early fouls. JHS is 6'6"..Trey 6'4"...Bates 6'5". Smith/Loyer are both 6-foot.

Edey is the guy, But Smith/Loyer stir the drink. Get them rattled, or foul treouble, and it changes the game. Neither of those guards have played in an environment that they'll experience today. Could it rattle them? Dunno. Possible.

I expect a very tight game. Cannot worry about "stopping Edey"---Ain't gonna happen. Worry about what yourself. If IU hits from three/takes care of the ball, I like our chances.

X factor guys today----Jenkins for Purdue....Bates for IU.
Loyer is 6’4 lol.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Just for shits and giggles----Lets say those shots vs OSU/MSU, miss-----Is their still still some HUGE separation?

Purdue is the best team in the league. No argument. But its closer than, well any Purdue fan will admit.

Also, pretty obvious Purdue is probably gonna win the league...Which begs the question...

Is the Big 10 still a shitty conference this year? I just know when IU was pegged as the favorite, the consensus was----Only b/c the league was down, andnot very good.
IU being pegged as the champ had nothing to do with the status of the league and everything to do with IU being undefeated in the off-season every year.

As for the close game thing, my point is simple: when Purdue plays bad, it’s still in position to win. When the rest of the league plays bad, they’re getting handled easily. Look at the two current second place teams and you’ll see that they’ve been beaten by double digits multiple times - including at home. That essentially goes for the whole conference.

Not sure Purdue doubles TJD, when you get a dude like Edey waiting, BUT.....coming from the weak side to help is a much easier way to pick up a cheap foul----especially if you are late.

Look for IU(HOPEFULLY) to put Edey in some PNR, ball action situations. Make him defend away from the basket. ALSO, it pulls him away---opens up possible offensive boards, or allows Renau/Race to work one on one..

If I'm Mike-----I run, run and run...
Purdue doubles opposing center’s post ups every game. It’s part of their plan to insulate Edey from foul trouble. That’ll continue today.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
DraftKings with a dig at IU

8534e6a7-cb2a-439a-8af0-22dd46619202-jpeg.306751

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Courtney Green is in Iowa. Sorry Iowa and and Illinois. You’ll have to suffer through his awful calls.

What does Rutgers get for having this game at MSG? Is it supposed to be a recruiting thing for them?

Absolute foul fest down the stretch here after them calling nothing earlier.

Never change, CBB refs.

Pretty sure @VulvHa is the one who hammered PU @+1. 100k or so just a bucket drop.
I don’t normally bet Purdue games. Think the last one was a bet on LSU early morning when it was announced that Satterfield was leaving Louisvillle.

Probably, but it was pretty dumb forfeiting the RAC advantage
B1G forces us to play a game (about) every other season at MSG. Certainly not our choice. Whatever you guys need us to do to stay in the league I’m fine with. Plus we just showed NY/NJ recruits that we bring a pretty decent crowd to the worlds most famous arena.

Michigan hockey put up a 6 spot on the Badgers last night in hockey.
You think I pay attention to hockey?

laugh-serious.gif

It goes…
1) women’s volleyball
2) men’s basketball
3) football

And that’s it.

So much dumb with these two teams. Can Iowa and Illinois both lose this?

ADVERTISEMENT