ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Too busy studying/making money
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
Tick Tock, TICK TOCK
My take, assuming Iowa jacks up a ton of ridiculous threes and like 75% of them go in:

Play how we did against Indiana or PSU? Iowa by 20+
vs. MSU or at Wisconsin? Close game, either team can win.
vs. Wisconsin (i.e., actually shooting well!)? Illini by 5-10.
vs. UCLA or Texas? Illini by 15.

As usual, big range. 😂

Also, I just took a trip down memory lane, and it looks like I am 6-5 all-time seeing the Illini play in Iowa City ... so not really good luck or bad luck, lol.

Last edited:
It’ll all come down to:

1) Coleman guarding Murray. If Coleman does to Kris what he did last year to his brother it’ll be a long day for the Squaks.
2) UI not settling for 3s and taking it to the hoop…Shannon/Melendez in particular. Draw FT attempts. Whether or not the Carver stripes will give them those attempts will be another story.
3) the Epps/Ulis matchup.

It’ll all come down to:

1) Coleman guarding Murray. If Coleman does to Kris what he did last year to his brother it’ll be a long day for the Squaks.
2) UI not settling for 3s and taking it to the hoop…Shannon/Melendez in particular. Draw FT attempts. Whether or not the Carver stripes will give them those attempts will be another story.
3) the Epps/Ulis matchup.
I'm counting on Iowa stroking it from three ... even when we beat them in Iowa City, they still seem to hit every three they take at the worst possible time, haha. So, if we settle for contested threes after running no offense like vs. Nebraska ... yeah, that'll be a rough day tomorrow.

Thank God that arena finally sells beer, they still didn't the last time I was there. Pretty sure the nerds in Evanston still don't.

Purdue

Every other big ten team except Sota

Sota
Meh......Purdue has won a lot of close games----ANd hey, that is what good teams do. But its not like they are just running over everyone...

OT @ Nebraska...
Late 3 vs OSU: 71-69
SHot at 2.1 sec vs MSU: 64-63
58-55 at home vs MD(Terps missed game tying three..

Purdue could easily have 5 losses....And , well, they could also be easily unbeaten.

Its a lot closer than folk think....And that is why I think the league is better than its be given credit for....Purdue is ranked #1----yet 4 of their 10 wins are by 3 points or less.

Meh......Purdue has won a lot of close games----ANd hey, that is what good teams do. But its not like they are just running over everyone...

OT @ Nebraska...

Purdue could easily have 5 losses....And , well, they could also be easily unbeaten.

Its a lot closer than folk think....And that is why I think the league is better than its be given credit for....Purdue is ranked #1----yet 4 of their 10 wins are by 3 points or less.
Can't you say that about every team but less so with Purdue than others? This would seem to indicate as such.

Scoring Margin
IndexTeamGOffenseDefenseMargin
1Purdue1271.161.010.1
2Michigan1272.567.35.3
3Illinois1169.164.54.5
4Indiana1172.269.13.1
5Rutgers1267.364.62.8
6Iowa1178.476.42.0
7Michigan State1165.865.30.5
8Northwestern1170.070.00.0
9Penn State1168.769.1-0.4
10Maryland1164.865.3-0.5
11Ohio State1168.770.2-1.5
12Wisconsin1161.965.9-4.0
13Nebraska1262.172.2-10.1
14Minnesota1162.074.6-12.6

Reactions: pig1960
Can't you say that about every team but less so with Purdue than others? This would seem to indicate as such.

Scoring Margin
IndexTeamGOffenseDefenseMargin
1Purdue1271.161.010.1
2Michigan1272.567.35.3
3Illinois1169.164.54.5
4Indiana1172.269.13.1
5Rutgers1267.364.62.8
6Iowa1178.476.42.0
7Michigan State1165.865.30.5
8Northwestern1170.070.00.0
9Penn State1168.769.1-0.4
10Maryland1164.865.3-0.5
11Ohio State1168.770.2-1.5
12Wisconsin1161.965.9-4.0
13Nebraska1262.172.2-10.1
14Minnesota1162.074.6-12.6
Half of their B1G games have been within 5 pts. 5 are 3 or less.

It's like you didn't even read what I posted.

Can't you say that about every team but less so with Purdue than others?
So you're saying not much is different between Purdue and every other B1G team?

At this point, it's not close.

Purdue's bad games - which you want to hold against it - have been a 1 pt loss to Rutgers and some close wins.

When all the other teams in the Big Ten have bad games, they result in bad double digit losses. IU, Illinois, MSU, Rutgers, Iowa, Northwestern, etc. all have multiple instances of this.

At this point, Purdue just has a floor that's so much higher than all the other Big Ten teams. And that's why there's a big separation between first and second place.

Rutgers 4 games of 4 or less, 3 of 3 or less
Illinois 1 game within 5 pts
Indiana 1 game within 5 pts
Maryland 3 games within 5pts
Iowa 4 games within 5 pts
Msu 3 games within 5pts

So no, the answer to your question is no.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Msu 3 games within 5pts

Dafuq? Is winning by a close margin better or worse than getting whooped by double digits against Rutgers, Penn St, and Maryland?

Msu 3 games within 5pts

So you are holding it against Purdue because they haven't been bitchslapped by anyone. Interesting.

So you are holding it against Purdue because they haven't been bitchslapped by anyone. Interesting.
You said

You all can discuss the validity of this but don't make a statement then whine when you get called out for it not being true.

@IUfanBorden was right, Purdue has had more close games than anyone, but they've won all but one of those games, that's what good teams do. @boilerzz Purdue's B1G margin of victory is skewed by a few of the ass whippings the' e given. Avg margin of victory doesn't discredit Bordens statement. Them having close games doesn't discredit their record. If you want to argue and make statements that's fine but be logical not emotional about it.

OT @ Nebraska...

It’s a lot closer than folk think....And that is why I think the league is better than its be given credit for....Purdue is ranked #1----yet 4 of their 10 wins are by 3 points or less.
I know it hurts you to say Purdue has been the best team thus far but this is just such a silly way to look at things. Yes, Purdue played poorly vs MD but literally still led the entire game. Nebraska tied Purdue on 3 separate occasions (including going into OT) but Purdue led the entire rest of the game. Nebraska never had a lead. & yes Purdue won 2 coin flip games @MSU & @OSU and lost a coin flip against Rutgers at home.

Those are the worst big ten games Purdue has played this season. Shall we look at the worst games IU has played this season? Like, what are you arguing here?

ADVERTISEMENT