ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

4 vs 5 seed is usually a toss up.

We lost to a Houston team that destroyed the 1 seed (Arizona) by the same margin.

Underwood has been truly upset one year in the tourney.

Which is, ironically, the same sample size you cry about me using for Woodson’s 29 point first round loss…. Weird.
4/5 seed is usually a toss up---Excpet well, that day.

Woodson has been a CBB head coach for 1 FULL YEAR, dipshit....
Underwood has been a HC for 10, including 5(full) at Illinois...

Are you really comparing career numbers?

JFC.....

@IUfanBorden no, those teams were beyond horrible. Why would I want to go get blown out when we didn’t deserve to make it?

The roster Groce left was atrocious

71-D10675-EE8-C-4-ECA-B242-9-BEFFCC3-E4-DE.gif

4/5 seed is usually a toss up---Excpet well, that day.

Woodson has been a CBB head coach for 1 FULL YEAR, dipshit....
Underwood has been a HC for 10, including 5(full) at Illinois...

Are you really comparing career numbers?

JFC.....
5 seeds beating 4 seeds aren’t really upsets in the context you want it to be.

Surprisingly over the last 2 years, Illinois is the ONLY team in the conference who’s made the tourney both years that hasn’t lost to a double digit seed.

That’s how embarrassing our conference is with upsets recently

Indiana still can’t shoot has very little bench production. Especially at the guard spot.
C'mon,now.....I know IU got smoked today, but JFC----lets don't go all crazy over ONE game. I mean bench was bad today, yeah----But that's far from the norm.

Renau is averaging 10ppg off the bench...
Bates 7.7
Geronimo 6.7
Galloway 5.8

All get 14+ minutes.

Shooting today was, yuck---excpet for Kopp. MOF last two it has been awful----But still at a decent 36%. Need another shooter for sure though.

Missing JHS today was big....

5 seeds beating 4 seeds aren’t really upsets in the context you want it to be.

Surprisingly over the last 2 years, Illinois is the ONLY team in the conference who’s made the tourney both years that hasn’t lost to a double digit seed.

That’s how embarrassing our conference is with upsets recently
I understand the 4/5 concept....And I never said it was an upset. I just said for two straight years, Illinois lost as a higher seed. Never said it was an upset----I know that it's not.

C'mon,now.....I know IU got smoked today, but JFC----lets don't go all crazy over ONE game. I mean bench was bad today, yeah----But that's far from the norm.

Renau is averaging 10ppg off the bench...
Bates 7.7
Geronimo 6.7
Galloway 5.8

All get 14+ minutes.

Shooting today was, yuck---excpet for Kopp. MOF last two it has been awful----But still at a decent 36%. Need another shooter for sure though.

Missing JHS today was big....
All those stats are based off your weak ass schedule. Anyone can average 10ppg against Jackson St and UALR. Major conference games your bench struggles.

Reactions: BleedinGold
@IUfanBorden no, those teams were beyond horrible. Why would I want to go get blown out when we didn’t deserve to make it?

The roster Groce left was atrocious
So you are saying, naaaah----I'll pass on an NCAAT invite?

Gotcha.

IU was blown out---But was a tired team. But, shouldn't have put themselves in that situation. I think in a traditional 12/5 match-up,the game is much,much more competitive. IU was good for about 9 minutes----then you could see the sails come off.

BTW,you are probably the ONLY fan that I know that would say "no" to an NCAAT invite.

I understand the 4/5 concept....And I never said it was an upset. I just said for two straight years, Illinois lost as a higher seed. Never said it was an upset----I know that it's not.
So we’ve been upset once under Underwood.

A one game sample size isn’t something we should take away big generalizations from right? Like a 29 point loss one time in the first round?

So you are saying, naaaah----I'll pass on an NCAAT invite?

Gotcha.

IU was blown out---But was a tired team. But, shouldn't have put themselves in that situation. I think in a traditional 12/5 match-up,the game is much,much more competitive. IU was good for about 9 minutes----then you could see the sails come off.

BTW,you are probably the ONLY fan that I know that would say "no" to an NCAAT invite.
An invite those years would’ve been out of pity. Why would I want a pity invite?

If we earn it, we earn it. If not, get better in the off-season and do better next year.

All those stats are based off your weak ass schedule. Anyone can average 10ppg against Jackson St and UALR. Major conference games your bench struggles.
Reneau had 12/7 as a freshman @ Xavier....Did not play much vs UNC---fouls.
Galloway had 12 vs North Carolina....

Just not a huge sample size.......But even after today, I like what our bench provides.

Its one game.....This should be fun to revist.

An invite those years would’ve been out of pity. Why would I want a pity invite?

If we earn it, we earn it. If not, get better in the off-season and do better next year.
Not sure if you know this, or not----but the tournament expanded to 68 teams....If you are one of the 68----it means either you got an at-large bid----Or was invited. Sort of how the tourney works. They did this in 1985 as well-----expanded to 64......

Just didn't know if you knew this or not.

Reneau had 12/7 as a freshman @ Xavier....Did not play much vs UNC---fouls.
Galloway had 12 vs North Carolina....

Just not a huge sample size.......But even after today, I like what our bench provides.

Its one game.....This should be fun to revist.
Galloway was a lot to handle that game, feel like he’s more so in the action vs Bates when he’s in

Kid just gets stuff done

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Not sure if you know this, or not----but the tournament expanded to 68 teams....If you are one of the 68----it means either you got an at-large bid----Or was invited. Sort of how the tourney works. They did this in 1985 as well-----expanded to 64......

Just didn't know if you knew this or not.
We weren’t able to get an invite with 68 teams… what does that say about the level of talent those years?

So we’ve been upset once under Underwood.

A one game sample size isn’t something we should take away big generalizations from right? Like a 29 point loss one time in the first round?
He's been a HC for 10 years, brother. He has 3 NCAAT wins. He gets a 1-seed, and gets blasted. He gets a 4-seed, and gets blasted.

Upset, once? Sure. I mean if that's what you need to feel better. At the end of the day, SEED wise, he has failed both times----and miserably.

I find it ironic you say----one game sample size isn't something..................

Then compare a coach with 43 games under his bealt as a HC to a dude with about 400+. I mean, yikes..

Galloway was a lot to handle that game, feel like he’s more so in the action vs Bates when he’s in

Kid just gets stuff done
He was 2021-22 Galloway today. Whole team was, outside of Kopp. Not dsure if missing JHS rattled them or what...Dunno. Whats sickening is IU fought back from 9 down, took the lead, and just collapsed. I expected this team to be much tougher mentally. Much. BUt hey, its one game...So, we'll see.

Crazy stat----IU is winnless in games where Kopp scores 12 points or more.

Purdue saying---No so fast my friends...Just a 12-point game.

THinkI would have went for it there.....Still a 2 possession game. Of course, now ya just need a TD/FG....

He was 2021-22 Galloway today. Whole team was, outside of Kopp. Not dsure if missing JHS rattled them or what...Dunno. Whats sickening is IU fought back from 9 down, took the lead, and just collapsed. I expected this team to be much tougher mentally. Much. BUt hey, its one game...So, we'll see.

Crazy stat----IU is winnless in games where Kopp scores 12 points or more.
That’s a really odd stat, not sure what to make of it😂

Rutgers isn’t an easy place to play currently for Illinois either, can’t remember the last time we won there.

Just gotta hope you are better when JHS is back, gonna need him for Kansas/Zona

Still beats the fvck out of the Danny hope and Darrell Hazell days, I’ll eat this loss with pride gentlemen. Despite the kicking a fg to go from a 2 possession game to a 2 possession game, Brohm should be executed for that.

Reactions: BleedinGold
WTF, Brohm? Down 3 scores, and you are running the ball?

Michigan says than you.

Still beats the fvck out of the Danny hope and Darrell Hazell days, I’ll eat this loss with pride gentlemen. Despite the kicking a fg to go from a 2 possession game to a 2 possession game, Brohm should be executed for that.
If not executed for the FG-----certainly for running the ball 5 straight times, down 17....Especially with a dude like Jones.

Wow.

With that being said----really good showing.I honestly thought Michigan would run and hide in this one.

JJ McCarthy, Donovan Edwards, Will Johnson among returning players next year.

My gifs from the night. Had plenty of free time with all these damn commercials:

177-B1-B0-A-D6-DF-4301-94-E8-98-DCA48-A95-E0.gif

71-D10675-EE8-C-4-ECA-B242-9-BEFFCC3-E4-DE.gif

085-FB583-15-D5-4-F7-F-A7-BE-C982-A699-D120.gif

FADF7397-30-B5-4-CA5-865-F-715-E620892-EB.gif

B482-E08-E-084-A-4185-B2-F9-6-D0387211-C85.gif

6-A052977-140-F-43-D1-9-EFB-9-B14190-DCEB4.gif

3-DF040-F3-1321-4-DBE-89-D0-93104-CF313-BA.gif

That’s a really odd stat, not sure what to make of it😂

Rutgers isn’t an easy place to play currently for Illinois either, can’t remember the last time we won there.

Just gotta hope you are better when JHS is back, gonna need him for Kansas/Zona
Rutgers is good----#30 in KenPom. If not for injuries, they could very well have been unbeaten, and ranked. Of course we had some no name,never heard of freshman torch us for 14 second half points.

With JHS out, IU needed X to be good today, and have Bates/Galloway, step up. Double-whammy: X was ugggh,and Bates/Galloway were no-shows. Couple that with Race continuing his David Copperfield act, and well......................

Losing didn't bother as much as how e layed down----Especially after fighting back, taking the lead, and the proceed to give up a 17-0 run. I mean IU LED this game with just under 12 to go-----and boom----down 15. Disappointing.

Shoving it deep inside the “fire Harbaugh” faction of the fanbase.

25-2 over the past two seasons. Back to back Big Ten titles. Back to back wins over OSU.

Reactions: Ingersol
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT