ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Yeah fvck that. Bama doesn’t deserve it. Give me me TCU over them all day. This Bama team really isn’t that good, I don’t think it’d make for more compelling games at all. Bigger brand sure, but you have to make what you did on the field in games actually mean something.
Lol at thinking TCU will put a better fight than Bama

Shooting will always be this IU team’s Achilles heel. You guys really need someone to emerge at the 4 as a floor spacer for TJD & another guard like Bates to start hitting consistently. Just an Xavier Johnson off night from Miller Kopp having to be Reggie Miller for perimeter scoring for you guys.
Need to get Reneau MORE minutes----Race less. Dude has been shit.

Miller needs more shots,IMO. I'd like to see more on TJD side, and take away the agressive doubles.

Really, really missed JHS today.

Thought Woody should have gave Gunn more of an opportunity today.

Very uncommon for X to miss as many wide the **** open looks as he did. He wasn't good today, and its coincidence IU wasn't either; Folks hate on him, but when he is good, he's elite, and possibly best PG in B10. But when he is like he was today...................................Meh.

Still like this team. Just gotta get another dude(as you said) to hit shots.

Illinois has RJ Melendez, ranked 94, and Luke Goode, ranked 102.

Should I expect nothing from them? Or is it just Indiana who can’t develop players in that range?
Melendez: 9ppg/3.5rpg
Geronimo: 6.7ppg/3rpg
Goode averaged 2ppg last year...

Not sure what your point is, bruh?

Melendez: 9ppg/3.5rpg
Geronimo: 6.7ppg/3rpg
Goode averaged 2ppg last year...

Not sure what your point is, bruh?
Illinois has two sophomores ranked in that range, who prior to Goode’s injury, would be starting this year.

Yet Geronimo, who’s a junior, is still a “project”…

Is it lack of development or was he just ranked too high initially?

Lol at thinking TCU will put a better fight than Bama
Yeah, ummmm, no. Bama lost@ # 5 LSU on a 2point conversion....Lost @ #7 UT on a last second FG...

TCU played to ranked teams all year: KSU(2x's) and Texas.

Meh---give me Bama.

Didn’t say they would. But don’t think the gap is that large.

Irrelevant though. TCU deserves it more than Bama
TCU is going to be a sacrificial lamb for whoever they play

Both Georgia and Michigan would rather play them than Alabama, which is pretty telling

Reactions: northeastspartan

Both Georgia and Michigan would rather play them than Alabama, which is pretty telling
Who has Bama beaten though? No one. They don’t have the resume.

Yeah, ummmm, no. Bama lost@ # 5 LSU on a 2point conversion....Lost @ #7 UT on a last second FG...

TCU played to ranked teams all year: KSU(2x's) and Texas.

Meh---give me Bama.
That’s what I’m saying.

TCU would be the underdog if they played Bama.

And it’s about the 4 best teams. Not who has the best record

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Who has Bama beaten though? No one. They don’t have the resume.
Bama absolutely doesn't deserve to be in. But the committee will be tempted to do it, and they are better than TCU.

No doubt their resume is awful. Tennessee's resume is stronger and they have the head to head.

That’s not what I’m arguing even. You have to reward on merit, otherwise wtf is the point of the regular season?

And this isn’t some dominant Bama team either. Their resume & team has flaws.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Bama absolutely doesn't deserve to be in. But the committee will be tempted to do it, and they are better than TCU.

But their resume is awful. Tennessee's resume is stronger and they have the head to head.
Tennessee’s QB is injured and they got 30 pieced by South Carolina.

Eliminated.

It’s Bama or TCU

Reactions: northeastspartan
That’s not what I’m arguing even. You have to reward on merit, otherwise wtf is the point of the regular season?

And this isn’t some dominant Bama team either. Their resume & team has flaws.
Beating a bunch of teams back-up QB’s isn’t a great resume either.

Give me the better team

Illinois has two sophomores ranked in that range, who prior to Goode’s injury, would be starting this year.

Yet Geronimo, who’s a junior, is still a “project”…

Is it lack of development or was he just ranked too high initially?
He had a very good summer on the Adidas summer league.....It catapulted him in the rankings. When he committed to IU, he was like 180th or something.....A 3*. I never said Geronimo was a project---I said coming to IU he was considered more of athlete, who was raw.

Again, Melendez is averaging a bucket more than Geronimo. Goode averaged 2ppg last year, and he was a projected starter? Over who?

Who has TCU beaten?

When they beat Kansas St earlier it was against their 3rd string QB…
And Bama beat Texas after Ewers had to leave the game after torching team and were left with a banged up Hudscon card and they were lucky to win by 1. We can play this game all day

Reactions: Noahtogo24
And Bama beat Texas after Ewers had to leave the game after torching team and were left with a banged up Hudscon card and they were lucky to win by 1. We can play this game all day
Which is why they should pick the better team.

Hint: it’s the not the team that both Georgia and Michigan want to play

He had a very good summer on the Adidas summer league.....It catapulted him in the rankings. When he committed to IU, he was like 180th or something.....A 3*. I never said Geronimo was a project---I said coming to IU he was considered more of athlete, who was raw.

Again, Melendez is averaging a bucket more than Geronimo. Goode averaged 2ppg last year, and he was a projected starter? Over who?
Over Mayer. Goode was supposed to be our starting PF.

And Melendez will be well over 2 ppg higher Geronimo after today.

He’s also a year younger and doing much much more.

This tweet sums up my thoughts pretty well. It’ll be my last post on it.
I think TCU will get the nod. But they had 13 games to prove they were much better. And did so against back-up QB’s and didn’t look impressive doing so.

Give me the team who most suspect is better. And would undoubtedly be favored.

The TCU bye game for someone is gonna be laughable.

Over Mayer. Goode was supposed to be our starting PF.

And Melendez will be well over 2 ppg higher Geronimo after today.

He’s also a year younger and doing much much more.
Its a basket...couple of free throws, better. Its not like Melendez is dropping 15ppg, or something.

Goode averaged 2ppg last year-----But you are, were expecting what?

Much more? Like.................2ppg much more? Half rebound much more?

You act as if there is some crazy separation----when there isn't.

Its a basket...couple of free throws, better. Its not like Melendez is dropping 15ppg, or something.

Goode averaged 2ppg last year-----But you are, were expecting what?

Much more? Like.................2ppg much more? Half rebound much more?

You act as if there is some crazy separation----when there isn't.
Geronimo is averaging a point a game in the 3 games you’ve played against power 5 opponents. (Rutgers, UNC, Xavier)

Melendez is averaging 9.7 ppg against Virginia, UCLA, Syracuse, and Maryland.

And still a year younger. Almost as if being ranked in the 90’s doesn’t mean you are automatically a project.

How many wins against current ranked top 25 teams do they have??
Alabama?----2(Texas/Miss State). Same amount as TCU(TX/KSU)...

Bama played: @#7 Tenn, @#11 LSU, and @#21 Texas.. HOME: #25 Miss State
TCU played: @#21 Texas.....................................................Home: #13 KS......NEUTRAL: KSU.

I mean...........?????

Alabama?----2(Texas/Miss State). Same amount as TCU(TX/KSU)...

Bama played: @#7 Tenn, @#11 LSU, and @#21 Texas.. HOME: #25 Miss State
TCU played: @#21 Texas.....................................................Home: #13 KS......NEUTRAL: KSU.

I mean...........?????
Kind of says something that Bama's best win of the season came against Texas with a back-up QB and sill needed a last second field goal to win.

Just my opinion of course, BCS would have worked this season with Georgia and Michigan.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Geronimo is averaging a point a game in the 3 games you’ve played against power 5 opponents. (Rutgers, UNC, Xavier)

Melendez is averaging 9.7 ppg against Virginia, UCLA, Syracuse, and Maryland.

And still a year younger. Almost as if being ranked in the 90’s doesn’t mean you are automatically a project.
Where did I say he was a project? I said coming out of HS, he was considered RAW,a project. I mean not all # 94 dudes are the same, I guess....

I mean he came off the bench last year----averaged 4.4ppg/3.6rpg. Per 40 minutes, he was 7th in the B10 in blocks/rebounds----I guess that is good for a #90 recruit? He had 15/7 vs Wyoming inthe NCAAT....

I dunno what to say----Should he be averaging 9ppg, instead of 6? What?

Kind of says something that Bama's best win of the season came against Texas with a back-up QB and sill needed a last second field goal to win.

Just my opinion of course, BCS would have worked this season with Georgia and Michigan.
First game.....@ Texas......That's a toughie.

Bama dealt with their own injuries with Young, as well.

Bama's best loss is better than TCU's best win(s).

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Where did I say he was a project? I said coming out of HS, he was considered RAW,a project. I mean not all # 94 dudes are the same, I guess....

I mean he came off the bench last year----averaged 4.4ppg/3.6rpg. Per 40 minutes, he was 7th in the B10 in blocks/rebounds----I guess that is good for a #90 recruit? He had 15/7 vs Wyoming inthe NCAAT....

I dunno what to say----Should he be averaging 9ppg, instead of 6? What?
Guess I just expect more of top 100 recruits…

1 ppg vs Power 5 teams is rough.

ADVERTISEMENT