ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

It was his third foul at the 18 minute mark that caused him to sit for a fair amount of the second half. Not his 4th.

The point remains the same, fouls that aren’t fouls affect the game more than just the 2 free points.

Next time, bring a better talking point than ‘It only affects the game THEN’.

Btw-this conversation coming from you is always ironic, especially considering how much you spend talking about the reffing in your last game vs NW. Almost like you talk out of both sides of your mouth on the issue (and both of those sides are retarted this case)
🤣 ----SO now the argument changes? You said he had to sit at the end of the game during IU's run....I point out he didn't, and what do you know----Different argument arises.;)🤣

"Fouls that arent fouls affect the game more"----Wtf does this even mean?

How did that tech effect the game anymore than the other 3? Is one foul more impaortant? Is a missed GT call with 19 minutes to play, more important than one made with 5 seconds?

Yep I complain about the officiaiting....Thought the 2nd tech on Woodson was absolutely terrible. I think Scirotto is a ****tard... Difference is princess----I don't blame them for IU losing...Or whine for two days over a technical foul called ,with still 25+ minutes to play.

How did that tech effect the game anymore than the other 3? Is one foul more impaortant?
The foul that wasn’t actually a foul is the most important one.

It’s not rocket science. Well it might be for you.

And again, the only reason this conversation is still going on is because you are still trying to argue with Rebel that it didn’t affect the game except for THEN.

Which was already proven false.

Keep it coming Tiny Tim, eventually you might make a point that stands on its own. But so far in this conversation, it’s yet to happen.

Reactions: RichieRebel
So that call impacted the game THEN?

Weird, I remember Hawkins sitting on the bench with 4 fouls during parts of Indiana run to end the game.

It was his third foul at the 18 minute mark that caused him to sit for a fair amount of the second half. Not his 4th. So it actually had more impact.
Can u make your mind? Hey,maybe it was his second foul? Possible?

It’s not rocket science. Well it might be for you.

And again, the only reason this conversation is still going on is because you are still trying to argue with Rebel that it didn’t affect the game except for THEN.

Which was already proven false.

Keep it coming Tiny Tim, eventually you might make a point that stands on its own. But so far in this conversation, it’s yet to happen.
🤣 ---THis shit is GOLD.

"The foul that wasn't actually a foul is the most important one.."---What da fuq?

Shit has me crying.....

"tiny Tim"----Huh? I don't have a limp. It was my shoulder I had surgery on. And you really think a 3rd grade insult---one which is pretty shitty--is gonna bother me? JFC....You Illini fans man. Ya'll havent quit on the officials are mean narrative since the IU football game.

🤣🤣🤣

So FTR, IF Hawkins first foul would have been a bad call, a phantom foul----You'd be Ok with that? But since it was a technical, its now not acceptable?

You dudes kill me.....This board is so much fun. ALlows me to sit back, have some fun, and just laugh. Some of the shit ya'll say is , I mean, holy mental ward shit....

But my goodness----Fouls that really arent fouls impact the game more is NUMBER fukin 1. I mean ya gotta start proof reading shit...

Ya'll havent quit on the officials are mean narrative since the IU football game
Refs are shit*

Which we call out consistently in this thread in non-Illini games as well.

So FTR, IF Hawkins first foul would have been a bad call, a phantom foul----You'd be Ok with that? But since it was a technical, its now not acceptable?
Any fouls (that are called) where someone doesn’t actually foul someone are the ones that are unacceptable.

Hope this helps.

Refs are shit*

Any fouls (that are called) where someone doesn’t actually foul someone are the ones that are unacceptable.

Hope this helps.

Are you saying Borden is a cripple?

It was his third foul at the 18 minute mark that caused him to sit for a fair amount of the second half. Not his 4th. So it actually had more impact.
You are gonna need a different argument my man....

Hawkins picked up his 3rd foul at the 18:08 mark---Illinois led by 7.

He reentered around the 13 or 14 minute mark----Illinois was still up 7.

For a dude that only had 6 points and 7 rebounds in 30 minutes, you sure are putting a lot of stock in his absence....

So what is argument #3? Double dribbles that really aren't double dribbles, are more important than actual double dribbles?

Lol no

He’s just tiny and sounds like a Tim
e2c7f24de2fc503d0996b79dbdfacca4862c7154.gif

Refs are shit*

Hope this helps.
You dude whine over every single Illinois loss....That is a fact. Officials this----pass interefernce that----fouls that aren't fouls this....On and on and on and on...

Officiating is what it is. Its bad---its awful----its this, or that. Don't disagree. Kicker is, and you'llnever hear this---officials were really good---did a nice job, etc, etc...And I get that. Thats fine.

Thing is, over half of you have no idea in reality what is good, and what is bad.

Take for example, the 1st technical on Indiana vs NW. I hear IU fans, and folk on here---"that is weak...that is terrible....awful....Ok---but how do you know? What was said? Was there a prior warning? Had the officials told the IU bench---"enough?"---None of us know. Second technical? Bad. By rule---sure. But the intent of the rule wasn't design with what Woody did. But it doesn't mater---it was called.

Same with Hawkins. Players know----coaches know----If you do that, you are putting yourself in damger of being called for a technical. If ya wanna jump up and down, beat on your chest, whatever----fine. But if you decide to turn and talk smack to anothe rplayer---with the official right in front of you?---Well that is just dumb.

Bad calls happen. But they don't cost teams games. I could go back and pick 4-5 IU possessions that hurt them a lot more than these technicals...

I could go back and pick out 4-5 Illinois posessions that hurt them a lot more than the tech.

And what about the "dumb fouls"? Are they more important than smart fouls? Phantom fouls? FOuls that aren't fouls? A foul is a foul---regardless. It still counts.

Officiating is what it is. Its bad---its awful----its this, or that. Don't disagree. Kicker is, and you'llnever hear this---officials were really good---did a nice job, etc, etc...And I get that. Thats fine.

Thing is, over half of you have no idea in reality what is good, and what is bad.

And what about the "dumb fouls"? Are they more important than smart fouls? Phantom fouls? FOuls that aren't fouls? A foul is a foul---regardless. It still counts.
The level of retartation in these paragraphs is hilarious.

Good to know that “over half of us” don’t know what good/bad reffing looks like.

Lolol

The level of retartation in these paragraphs is hilarious.

Good to know that “over half of us” don’t know what good/bad reffing looks like.

Lolol
You don't, TBH. None. Zero. Nadda. You know what a bad call is, sure---But that is A CALL. We are talking 40 minutes---with about 30-35 calls----or more. Or calls that are not made. Why they were not made...Etc, etc...

Did you understand why Fran was so upset over then non-10 second call? Did you honestly know the ball had to touch a player? Or did you think since the ball crossed the center line, that was it?

Do you understand last to touch, first to touch when it comes to over and back? If I tip the ball away from the offense, it goes off their knee,into the backcourt and they(offense ) is the first to touch---is it over and back?

Do you underestand and know what LGP is? Maintaining it? Can it be established in the arc?

What is a layered play,and how do you officiate that? Does the L or T have primary coverage? Which player do you officiate as the lead, in a layered play, on a drive to the basket?

Do you know what a cadence whistle is?

Do yu understand PCA's?

Do you really know why sometimes whistles are late?

If the ball is on the rim/in the cylinder, and I hit the net, is it goal tending? BI? Nothing?

When can you use an arm bar? When is it a foul?

When is contact just considered incidential? A play on?

How many times can the jumper tap the ball? Can he ever catch it?

These are just a few questions....Look forwrd to your answers.

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503
@1016CC0503-----

In other words----I have no idea Borden? No biggie.

Your schedule is good to end the season. Could easily get to 12-8. Best of luck. Hopefully you guys don't get anymore of those fouls that really aren't fouls, calls----those are tough man. Much tougher than fouls that are really fouls. Fo sure.

🤣 ----SO now the argument changes? You said he had to sit at the end of the game during IU's run....I point out he didn't, and what do you know----Different argument arises.;)🤣

"Fouls that arent fouls affect the game more"----Wtf does this even mean?

How did that tech effect the game anymore than the other 3? Is one foul more impaortant? Is a missed GT call with 19 minutes to play, more important than one made with 5 seconds?

Yep I complain about the officiaiting....Thought the 2nd tech on Woodson was absolutely terrible. I think Scirotto is a ****tard... Difference is princess----I don't blame them for IU losing...Or whine for two days over a technical foul called ,with still 25+ minutes to play.
I’m not reading the entire argument between you guys, but Illinois was on a 7-0 run prior to the technical. Indiana immediately went on a 6-0 run. It was a huge play.

I’m not reading the entire argument between you guys, but Illinois was on a 7-0 run prior to the technical. Indiana immediately went on a 6-0 run. It was a huge play.
Never said it wasn't...MOF, it was. But it didn't cost Illinois the game. I mean IU was on a run vs NW, and then boom----2 techs. Huge at the moment. And IU would go on to lose by 2. Could I blame the loss on those 2 techs? Sure I could. But it would be stupid ad ****.

He’s at a level that my scales can’t fully comprehend.

No doubt some spit is dripping out of the sides of his mouth
Its not ******ation on my part----its ignorance on your's. Its why you didn't answer a single question. No biggie---I didn't expect you too.

Look guys he’s trying to communicate, one sec I’m going to speak his language.

Huuuuuh duurrr
Until my language becomes pictures made with crayons, we'll never be able to communicate.

Answer my questions smart guy....You smacked your gums like your boy Hawkins did....So back the shit up....Yeah, you didn't expect those type of questions did ya princess.....I'd be quiet to if I were you.

Until my language becomes pictures made with crayons, we'll never be able to communicate.

Answer my questions smart guy....You smacked your gums like your boy Hawkins did....So back the shit up....Yeah, you didn't expect those type of questions did ya princess.....I'd be quiet to if I were you.
The crayons are in the top drawer, might be a little too high up there for you, Tim.

Illinois fan chiming in
Mackey is great. Loud as ****. Good atmosphere. But I could say the same for IU. Or MSU...Even Illinois. Rutgers.....I mean, there's not to many places in CBB that isn't hard as **** to play at, with crazy environments..

IU fans think Assembly Hall is best...

PU fans think its Mackey...

Ill fans think its their spaceship....

I've been to both AH and Mackey----both are amazing cbb venues.

The crayons are in the top drawer, might be a little too high up there for you, Tim.
So you gonna answer the questions, or what? I mean it can't possibly be taking you this long to google a few questions...

You ran your mouth....So, I mean those questions should be easy...

I'm 5'10"----so unless the dresser in your moms bedroom is 8 foot tall, i should be ok reaching the crayons...

So you gonna answer the questions, or what? I mean it can't possibly be taking you this long to google a few questions...

You ran your mouth....So, I mean those questions should be easy...

I'm 5'10"----so unless the dresser in your moms bedroom is 8 foot tall, i should be ok reaching the crayons...
I can get the crayons down for you, but first you gotta promise you’ll stop eating em

Never said it wasn't...MOF, it was. But it didn't cost Illinois the game. I mean IU was on a run vs NW, and then boom----2 techs. Huge at the moment. And IU would go on to lose by 2. Could I blame the loss on those 2 techs? Sure I could. But it would be stupid ad ****.
You can’t know or say that it did or didn’t affect the outcome. It certainly affected the game.

Projected final standings and league record:

1. Purdue - 16-4
2. Rutgers - 13-7
3. Maryland - 13- 7
4. Northwestern- 13-7
5. Indiana - 12-8
6. Illinois - 12-8
7. Iowa - 11-9
8. Michigan State - 11-9
9. Michigan - 10-10
10. Nebraska - 9-11
11. Wisconsin - 9-11
12. Penn State - 7-13
13. Ohio State- 4-16
14. Minnesota - 1-19

- Seriously think Penn State loses every game the rest of the season. Of course that also means Ohio State will have to beat them which seems comical at this point. Even if Penn State wins in Columbus, it won't change the final standings.

- Rutgers will have tie breakers over Maryland and Northwestern

- Hoosiers will have tie breaker over Illini

- Iowa tiebreaker over Michigan State
- Nebraska will hold tie breaker over Wisconsin

I think the league only draws 8 bids. Wisconsin bubble talk is foolish.

Purdue, Rutgers, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland, Iowa, and Michigan State earn bids.

Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, maybe Penn State to the NIT.

Illinois 0-3 against IU in basketball and football and not a single one was a legitimate win. What a fvcking pathetic fanbase they have, excuses every time can't even man up and accept it.

Last edited:

Illinois fan chiming in
My take from experience and people I’ve talked to.

Mackey is a more consistently great atmosphere. Fans show up whether it’s a directional school or a B1G rival. They sellout the games when students are gone and it’s still loud as shit. The student section is well organized and fully engaged every game they are on campus.

Assembly is more inconsistent. Fans and students are a bit more fickle in their attendance. But damn, when they are good and a big rival comes to town, those extra 2500 people they can pack in get crazy loud and they courtside seating being right on top of the court can be intimidating.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
My take from experience and people I’ve talked to.

Mackey is a more consistently great atmosphere. Fans show up whether it’s a directional school or a B1G rival. They sellout the games when students are gone and it’s still loud as shit. The student section is well organized and fully engaged every game they are on campus.

Assembly is more inconsistent. Fans and students are a bit more fickle in their attendance. But damn, when they are good and a big rival comes to town, those extra 2500 people they can pack in get crazy loud and they courtside seating being right on top of the court can be intimidating.
This is probably pretty fair. I've never been to Mackey, but I've been to some big IU games over the past 20 years, including UK in 2011, I can't even fathom it not being close to Mackey.

ADVERTISEMENT