ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Penciled not pen. Pencils have erasers. I still have a hard time comparing his impact to Race Thompson.
You're arguing semantics of an idiom?

Goode is a great glue guy and shooter for a team that desperately needs both. He's worked his way into significant minutes in the rotation in less than a game.

Last edited:
Baker played good as well, which was needed after Jett went down
Yeah that 3 he hit down 6 was huge.
Nice bounce back game from him after some brutal play lately. He’s been wildly inconsistent but good today when it mattered.

If you told me that UM had no TWill and Jett would go down with 12 mins left in a tie game I wouldn’t think they would pull it out.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
If we got that effort from this Michigan team every night they’d be at 17-19 wins right now. It’s been a pretty frustrating year overall

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
If we got that effort from this Michigan team every night they’d be at 17-19 wins right now. It’s been a pretty frustrating year overall
Really think the big problem is Juwan having his sons on the team. Jett is obviously the most talented player on the roster but he is a ball hog who messes up the offense flow and gives little to no effort at defense and rebounding. Hard to preach effort when the coach’s son can do whatever he wants with no repercussions. Similar story with Jace to a lesser degree. He has no business being on a Big 10 basketball court, and his teammates know that. He only plays because his dad is the coach, but at least he gives great effort.

Really think the big problem is Juwan having his sons on the team. Jett is obviously the most talented player on the roster but he is a ball hog who messes up the offense flow and gives little to no effort at defense and rebounding. Hard to preach effort when the coach’s son can do whatever he wants with no repercussions. Similar story with Jace to a lesser degree. He has no business being on a Big 10 basketball court, and his teammates know that. He only plays because his dad is the coach, but at least he gives great effort.
Jett is pretty lazy on defense. At times it looks like the team as whole really isn’t trying. Let Wisconsin get 12 offensive rebounds, lost at home to CMU, gave up a 4 point lead in Iowa City with 35 seconds left ect

That was Underwood’s worst game coaching since the Loyola game, which I came out and said at the time.

Oh and Mayer had the flu.
So can I use my excuse sheet?

1- Xavier, starting PG, has played in two Big 10 games
2- Race has missed 5 conference games
3- Geronimo has missed 3 conference games
4- TJD was not 100% most of year.....Battling a back issue. Obviously, he is now.

We'vehad 2 statrters miss 19 conference games. WOuld it be safe to say if Race and X had been healthy all year, we are better than 10-6? Possible?

We have a second year coach....WHo is still learning.

I leave any excuses out?

So can I use my excuse sheet?

1- Xavier, starting PG, has played in two Big 10 games
2- Race has missed 5 conference games
3- Geronimo has missed 3 conference games
4- TJD was not 100% most of year.....Battling a back issue. Obviously, he is now.

We'vehad 2 statrters miss 19 conference games. WOuld it be safe to say if Race and X had been healthy all year, we are better than 10-6? Possible?

We have a second year coach....WHo is still learning.

I leave any excuses out?
5- a technical foul being called for no reason🤷‍♂️

Not that it really matters right now or this week, but the fanbase was right about the center position. You were all right. I was right. For Izzo to not hit the transfer portal for the 5 is malpractice.

Talented roster being wasted by the worst 5 play I can remember. I like Cooper’s potential, but there’s a reason his 2nd best offer was Vermont. Kohlers body isn’t there. Mady Sissoko isn’t an offensive threat and is foul happy. Manny Bates, Johni Broome, KJ Williams, Fairdaws Aimuq. Any of those dudes and MSU is IMO a top 25 team.

Not that it really matters right now or this week, but the fanbase was right about the center position. You were all right. I was right. For Izzo to not hit the transfer portal for the 5 is malpractice.

Talented roster being wasted by the worst 5 play I can remember. I like Cooper’s potential, but there’s a reason his 2nd best offer was Vermont. Kohlers body isn’t there. Mady Sissoko isn’t an offensive threat and is foul happy. Manny Bates, Johni Broome, KJ Williams, Fairdaws Aimuq. Any of those dudes and MSU is IMO a top 25 team.
Tbh I think Sparty has a lot of great roles players I think the need is someone dynamic.

Reactions: MGC_07
From our home board reporter: "By the way if I didn't really report this, but should let you know that the Big Ten did admit to Purdue to roughly two dozen missed calls at Northwestern."

NW gets an unreal friendly whistle (IU fans know this all too well also)

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
From our home board reporter: "By the way if I didn't really report this, but should let you know that the Big Ten did admit to Purdue to roughly two dozen missed calls at Northwestern."

NW gets an unreal friendly whistle (IU fans know this all too well also)
It’s objectively hilarious what northwestern is doing. I might buy some popcorn to watch them bully the mccaffery cücks tonight.

They’re going to instantly get into foul trouble in the tourney, which will be much much much funnier too

Tbh I think Sparty has a lot of great roles players I think the need is someone dynamic.
A lot of great role players if they’re 1-5 can still be effective. I think we have great role players 1-4, a weakness at 5 that other teams exploit, and like you said, lack the dynamic players outside of that to make up for it.

A great player elsewhere would help this roster a ton, but man, just a good player at the 5 would do wonders.

Reactions: RichieRebel
Amazing how effective Zach Edey can Be when he’s allowed to use both arms.

5- a technical foul being called for no reason🤷‍♂️
He whoofed at him pretty good after the dunk. Not sure what he said. TV replays only caught the end of it---not the start.

With that being said, IU has had their share of "taunting" techs. So, I dunno, maybe just keep your yapper shut?

Amazing how effective Zach Edey can Be when he’s allowed to use both arms.
Is what it is.....Look, dude gets away with his fair share as well...He discarded two dudes to get that offensive rebound/dunk to end the half. Yeah he gets banged on....We know.....we know. I agree. But he's been called for 45 fouls in 28 games. I mean....ok.

Ywh he is getting beat on---But he's also being allowed to play, and not being punished(defensively), for how big he is. He gets away with a lot as well.

He whoofed at him pretty good after the dunk. Not sure what he said. TV replays only caught the end of it---not the start.

With that being said, IU has had their share of "taunting" techs. So, I dunno, maybe just keep your yapper shut?
It was almost as bad as Trent’s “that’s cash”

Should Coleman stfu absolutely, did he deserve a tech- no way, was the ref looking to t him up- absolutely. Did it have a huge impact on a one possession game?

I said at halftime Illinois had no chance, not mad at Indiana, B1G needs to do something our officals need to be better and it hurts B1G teams come March.

It was almost as bad as Trent’s “that’s cash”

Should Coleman stfu absolutely, did he deserve a tech- no way, was the ref looking to t him up- absolutely. Did it have a huge impact on a one possession game?

I said at halftime Illinois had no chance, not mad at Indiana, B1G needs to do something our officals need to be better and it hurts B1G teams come March.
Do you know what Coleman said? If not, how do you know he didn't deserve a tech?

"The ref was looking to "T him up...."----Huh? Why? Thats just dumb.

Officials didn't decide the game....There were calls both ways that were bad. This happened for 100 years. And its gonna continue to happen.

I don’t think any fan of college basketball ever wants that to be called a tech. It was a sick play, he should chirp all he wants
The fans are not the ones responsible for keeping the game under control. I agree smack talk is part of the game, but there does need to be a line. I've called games for years, and have called a few taunitng techs....You have to be able to separate emotinal reactions, to that of taunting; And there is a difference.

Here is the thing----Not you, NOT ME, not anyone knows wht was said. So its impossible to say the tech was weak, or it was warranted.

Look it only takes one wrong word, or phrase in games of this intensity, to "set someone off"---Not everyone can handle "smack talk" the same. And its a rule, so I mean, there is that as well.

Again, being able to decipher emotion from taunting is important. SOme officials can....some cannot. Do I agree with the tech? I dunno...I don't know what he said.

Do you know what Coleman said? If not, how do you know he didn't deserve a tech?

"The ref was looking to "T him up...."----Huh? Why? Thats just dumb.

Officials didn't decide the game....There were calls both ways that were bad. This happened for 100 years. And its gonna continue to happen.
So TJD has never stared at an Illinois player after a dunk. C’mon man. It was a weak tech regardless what was said. If it was that bad doubt TJD would tweet about it.

In a one possession game, Indiana got a free two points and sparked a little run.

Again, It is what is. My point is the B1G needs to demand better from the officials, this is a billion dollar industry and the refs are comical bad.

They need to be professionals. They currently aren’t.

ADVERTISEMENT