ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Well, that was a dumb shot there Chucky!

d4793dfc-02a3-4c64-9d27-6611f0bda136_text.gif

Needed Wahl’s defense and rebounding tonight. Replaced his offense but the other two phases were awful. GG msu ****s. ;)
Having watched you with and without him, your offense legitimately looked better tonight than I’ve ever seen it this season. Obviously score doesn’t reflect it (game was played slow) but just the execution was top notch. Carlson was great and you consistently found shooters. Having basically everyone out there be able to shoot helps. I was impressed.

But yeah, not being able to get a stop down the stretch decided the game. You guys probably get this one with Wahl.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwardelt
Random thought I had the other day ... does the Big Ten have one of the higher proportion of schools with "two-sport fan bases," regarding football/basketball? For example, even if Illini fans become lethargic with years of terrible football teams, in my experience the vast majority of Illini basketball fans are Illini football fans. Even for schools like Michigan or Ohio State that have nationwide football fan bases that have to pick up a ton of random bandwagon fans, they still both have large basketball fan bases simply due to their state populations.

With the exception of Penn State (which I would guess goes from an absolutely massive football fan base to a comparatively pathetic/small basketball fan base ... NOVA fans or...???), most Big Ten fans seem to stick with their teams for both sports. I have heard anecdotally from my friends and relatives on the East Coast and in other parts of the country of a pathetic number of people who are randomly Duke basketball/Notre Dame football fans or UNC basketball/Clemson football fans or Kentucky basketball/Alabama football fans. I think that is the lamest shlt ever unless there is an obvious excuse (e.g., Marquette fans cheering for Wisconsin football because they don't have a team).

Reactions: MGC_07
Random thought I had the other day ... does the Big Ten have one of the higher proportion of schools with "two-sport fan bases," regarding football/basketball? For example, even if Illini fans become lethargic with years of terrible football teams, in my experience the vast majority of Illini basketball fans are Illini football fans. Even for schools like Michigan or Ohio State that have nationwide football fan bases that have to pick up a ton of random bandwagon fans, they still both have large basketball fan bases simply due to their state populations.

With the exception of Penn State (which I would guess goes from an absolutely massive football fan base to a comparatively pathetic/small basketball fan base ... NOVA fans or...???), most Big Ten fans seem to stick with their teams for both sports. I have heard anecdotally from my friends and relatives on the East Coast and in other parts of the country of a pathetic number of people who are randomly Duke basketball/Notre Dame football fans or UNC basketball/Clemson football fans or Kentucky basketball/Alabama football fans. I think that is the lamest shlt ever unless there is an obvious excuse (e.g., Marquette fans cheering for Wisconsin football because they don't have a team).
Em0MrtBW4AAh5_s.jpg

I mean, you just described the type of fan that is littered across Indiana.

Indiana Basketball fans but also Notre Dame football fans. It’s a joke, and it’s still VERY prevalent in 2023. You’d be shocked at how many of them there are.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
I mean, you just described the type of fan that is littered across Indiana.

Indiana Basketball fans but also Notre Dame football fans. It’s a joke, and it’s still VERY prevalent in 2023. You’d be shocked at how many of them there are.
Oh yeah they’re everywhere. The number of kids I graduated high school with who were reversible jacket fans was insane. And plenty of them went to Ball State or Indiana State lol.

Big 10 coaches have reached out to Kevin Warren about eliminating "tackle basketball".

Good. Wisconsins days are numbered and I think it's the reason we fail in March

I think we broke Indiana
Down a starter vs you hilljacks-----then lost another.

Tough not having Race and Johnson.

Like to think with both, we don't lose to Iowa or NW. WHo knows.

Is what it is. Woody certainly not the answer. And tonight shows. PSU relies on the "3"---And what is our appraoch? Help constantly on defense. Leaving shootiers wide open.

Good plan there Woodster...

Yikes! You'd think Sleepy Mike would look more awake with how far Shreswberry is penetrating his anus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT