ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

the worst FT shooting team in the BT can't miss, Iowa reached the dbl bonus at the 7 minute mark and only shot 2 ft's after that Rutgers 20 FTA to Iowa's 10 hey Bmore why aren't you bitching now about Iowa fouls and FT shooting?

We have by far the worst roster in the B1G. Coach P is a wizard getting as much out of this team as he does. We bring in (at least) five new players next year. Much needed. I played three guys this game who shouldnt be able to set foot in a B1G gym.

I also would like to thank the B1G for setting us up with @MSU, MSU, @PU and OSU as four of my first six league games. Seems like Iowa is the cure for what ails you though. If Coach P gets 4 more wins out of this roster it won't win B1G COY, but it would be the best coaching job in the league.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
oh well even Davis and Lute had bad seasons
when Lutes team went 4-14 the next season Iowa won the BT Championship and went to the NCAAT for 5 straight years which resulted in a FF and a Sweet 16

Ralph Millers team won just 4 games then went udefeated in BT Play for a BT Championship every team has bad seasons then bounce back.
Difference is, two of those guys are HOF coaches. Sir----I assure you, Fran ain't gettin' that call.

$1000 says gil mentions FTs without the realization that Iowa started intentionally fouling with 3 minutes left.

the worst FT shooting team in the BT can't miss, Iowa reached the dbl bonus at the 7 minute mark and only shot 2 ft's after that Rutgers 20 FTA to Iowa's 10 hey Bmore why aren't you bitching now about Iowa fouls and FT shooting?

Nailed it

I have a bad feeling Iowa will go like 20 of 25 from 3 on Saturday and gil will say that it’s not out of the ordinary.

1-6 is 1-6

hilarious. Iowa in the double bonus. Down 15

Didn't Gil claim Nunge was a 2 and Garza a 3?
are you always this big a ass? Garza can play the 4 and 5 and Nunge can play the 3-4-5 but after a growth spurt where he went from 6'7/8 to 7' he out grew the 3,

Garza and Nunge will be the future twin Tower like Lute had in Waite and Krafciam who has SENIORS led Iowa to that FF, along with SR PG Lester.

are you always this big a ass? Garza can play the 4 and 5 and Nunge can play the 3-4-5 but after a growth spurt where he went from 6'7/8 to 7' he out grew the 3,

Garza and Nunge will be the future twin Tower like Lute had in Waite and Krafciam who has SENIORS led Iowa to that FF, along with SR PG Lester.

Future twin towers? Good luck with that.

again nobody on Rutgers team could stop Bohannon
23 points 5-9 from 3 6-6 from the FTL 2 assists and 1 steal
he just didn't get any support
Cook 10 points 10 rebounds
Garza 8 points 7 rebounds
Moss 2 points 1 assist and 1 block teams 3rd leading scorer 0-3 from 3

again nobody on Rutgers team could stop Bohannon
23 points 5-9 from 3 6-6 from the FTL 2 assists and 1 steal
he just didn't get any support
Cook 10 points 10 rebounds
Garza 8 points 7 rebounds
Moss 2 points 1 assist and 1 block teams 3rd leading scorer 0-3 from 3
I guess Bohannon is 6-1 in the Big 10.

Unfortunately for him, his teammates are 1-6.RollLaugh

hilarious. Iowa in the double bonus. Down 15

Didn't Gil claim Nunge was a 2 and Garza a 3?

Garza is a 5 and only a 5. Nunge is a 5 but is skilled enough to be a 4 I guess. Does have some Dekker like perimeter to his game, although hes obviously a 20th the player Dekker was.

Kriener, Pemsl, and Garza should all play exclusively at the 5 or they are for sure playing out of position.

Iowa has given up 75 points or more in ALL 7 of their B1G games. Is defense a weakness-Gil says NO!

Future twin towers? Good luck with that.
it worked for Lute and Davis the 1st one under Davis was Earle and Street who was killed in a auto accident, the 2nd was with 6'10 Bullard and 6'10 Bowen and both retired after10+ years in the NBA, they had their best years as JR and SR's, these 2 are just FR and have 2 more years before they are JR's.

nice to see you expecting them all to play like seniors though.

I picture Fran as this:

giphy.gif

Reactions: stakesarehigh
it worked for Lute and Davis the 1st one under Davis was Earle and Street who was killed in a auto accident, the 2nd was with 6'10 Bullard and 6'10 Bowen and both retired after10+ years in the NBA, they had their best years as JR and SR's, these 2 are just FR and have 2 more years before they are JR's.

Nunge or Garza aren’t NBA guys.

Reactions: jwardelt

Nice to see you keep comparing Fran to coaches like Davis and Olson.

Fvking moron.

Okay, I have recovered from Maryland not defending the inbound pass in last night's pathetic one point last second loss at Michigan. What helped the recovery? Thinking of the New Orleans Saint player who not only missed Stefon Diggs but knocked down his only teammate who had a chance to tackle Diggs. Thank G-d, I am not a Saints fan.

Both of those things warmmy heart. Go Blue! Skol!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but at 1-6 and 10-10 overall it appears no one on the Iowa roster can play at any position.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
LMAO----Iowa getting trolled by Rutger fans.

RollLaugh

This is the truth - you can look it up if you think Im lying.

A week or two ago in this thread we were all joking about which team would be the first to give Iowa a conference win and one of the lurking Rutger posters came in and m, not joking at all, said

"Im nervous as **** its going to be us. Really better not be us."

One of the unintentional comedy gems ever on this board. Even Rutgers fans expect to beat Iowa.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Rutgers fact time in lieu of their 80-64 win over Iowa:

• Rutgers scored 80 points tonight. Their previous high this season vs P6 opponents was 73
  • In fact, the last time Rutgers scored 80 points or more against a P6 team in regulation was nearly three years ago, in February 2015.
  • Only once before tonight in the four year history of Rutgers being in the Big Ten have they won a Big Ten game by more double digits. They had an inexplicable 23 point win over a terrible Minnesota team to close out the 2016 season

Fellow Purdue fans, do we root for OSU or NU?

I guess the obvious answer is NU to give us a bit of breathing room in the standings. But if we aren't really worried about OSU contending for the championship anyway, maybe it would be better for them to win to keep the top of the B1G looking good. That would make a future win against them look better as well.

Fellow Purdue fans, do we root for OSU or NU?

I guess the obvious answer is NU to give us a bit of breathing room in the standings. But if we aren't really worried about OSU contending for the championship anyway, maybe it would be better for them to win to keep the top of the B1G looking good. That would make a future win against them look better as well.
I want Ohio State to lose once before we play them but that's it. They should still be ranked if that is the case and we will be in the driver's seat for the B1G title.

Reactions: bananabucket
Garza is a 5 and only a 5. Nunge is a 5 but is skilled enough to be a 4 I guess. Does have some Dekker like perimeter to his game, although hes obviously a 20th the player Dekker was.

Kriener, Pemsl, and Garza should all play exclusively at the 5 or they are for sure playing out of position.
Nunge is more like Uthoff and he RS'd as a FR and didn't do much till his SENIOR YEAR,
JU JR stats 12.4 ppg
JU SR stats 18.9 ppg 2nd Team All AA and 1st Team All BT. as a stretch 4 this after playing the 3 at Iowa for 2 seasons,

AGAIN Nunge is playing as a TRUE FR and is 5th on the team in scoring coming off the bench,

Garza as a FRESHMAN is 4th in scoring, 2nd in rebounding and leads the team in bpg

again he is JUST A FRESHMEN, the top 5 scorers are these
SO Cook
SO Bohannon who is now tied for 9th place in all time 3 point made
RSSO Moss
FR Garza
FR Nunge

Well shit Gilligan, you were right after all. You said this earlier in the year:

"No way Iowa finishes 8th".

Welp, you were right.

More like 13th....RollLaugh

Nunge is more like Uthoff and he RS'd as a FR and didn't do much till his SENIOR YEAR,
JU JR stats 12.4 ppg
JU SR stats 18.9 ppg 2nd Team All AA and 1st Team All BT. as a stretch 4 this after playing the 3 at Iowa for 2 seasons,

AGAIN Nunge is playing as a TRUE FR and is 5th on the team in scoring coming off the bench,

Garza as a FRESHMAN is 4th in scoring, 2nd in rebounding and leads the team in bpg

again he is JUST A FRESHMEN, the top 5 scorers are these
SO Cook
SO Bohannon who is now tied for 9th place in all time 3 point made
RSSO Moss
FR Garza
FR Nunge
Yep................Still 1-6RollLaugh

ADVERTISEMENT