ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

@ScarletnGrayBuck @stakesarehigh Thoughts on the game tonight?

I am hoping the seniors can will out a big game tonight. If IU can keep the TOs down I think they have a good chance at home.

Huge game for OSU tonight as it’s still possible for them to win a share of the B1G title. I think KBD gets out of his mini slump and the Buckeyes pull it out, but will be tough. Actually kinda surprised the line favors OSU.

Huge game for OSU tonight as it’s still possible for them to win a share of the B1G title. I think KBD gets out of his mini slump and the Buckeyes pull it out, but will be tough. Actually kinda surprised the line favors OSU.

Very true a lot to play for. IU played Ohio State decent minus that first 10 minutes of the game in Columbus. Should see some more fire from the team. Hopefully the students show up to give Hartman, Johnson and McSwain a good send off.

I mean, I didn't think I could make fun of you Purdue guys more but man....

This is way worse than the old sorry excuses y'all use when a recruit picks a different school. I mean, it's either they cheated or they couldn't get in because the academic standards at Purdue are soooooooo rigorous for athletes that they couldn't get in.
There's no way in hell you've ever had sex.

I mean, I didn't think I could make fun of you Purdue guys more but man....

This is way worse than the old sorry excuses y'all use when a recruit picks a different school. I mean, it's either they cheated or they couldn't get in because the academic standards at Purdue are soooooooo rigorous for athletes that they couldn't get in.

What is weird about it, is that many of MSU and Purdue's recruiting targets for the last 5+ years, have come down to MSU and Purdue.

Swanigan
Gary Harris
JJJ
Dawson
Nojel Eastern
Xavier Tillman
Trevion Williams

Very true a lot to play for. IU played Ohio State decent minus that first 10 minutes of the game in Columbus. Should see some more fire from the team. Hopefully the students show up to give Hartman, Johnson and McSwain a good send off.

Indiana is definitely better than the first game and OSU is not surprising anyone the 2nd time around so I expect a war. I bet the atmosphere will be amazing there. When the Bucks were really good with Oden and then Sully it was epic.

Last edited:
There's no way in hell you've ever had sex.

giphy.gif

Turge going with the I’ve never heard of her defense. Its a strong one. Hard to prove.
I don't know. I've seen Trump use that defense. It's often followed by a HuffPost tweet of him with the person.

Reactions: KisteK
What is weird about it, is that many of MSU and Purdue's recruiting targets for the last 5+ years, have come down to MSU and Purdue.

Swanigan
Gary Harris
JJJ
Dawson
Nojel Eastern
Xavier Tillman
Trevion Williams

Unlike what SNU or others may think, I don’t think anything shady went down with JJJ, Harris, Tillman, or any others. Just Dawson.

Reactions: SNU0821
Actually kinda surprised the line favors OSU.
I'm not surprised. The only ranked teams we've played this year, at home, we've lost to. Granted, it's MSU and Purdue, but you guys are in that same mold. I actually expected it to be 4 or so. Gonna be a tough, tough game for the Hoosiers tonight. Have to hit some open 3s.

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
I mean, I remember Purdue fans claiming something like Dawson's mom told someone in a bar that she got paid or some nonsense like that. Just like 27th hand info and crazy conspiracy theories. BUT, then when Swanigan decommitted from MSU and chose Purdue, there couldn't have been anything shady even though Barnes was a Purdue grad with a net worth of $8,000,000. COULDN'T see anything wrong with that. Lol.

FIFY

From this point forward... If this is what you meant all along, man I missed it. But, your right.
Yeah, I think if he plays Sunday and they end up finding he received impermissible benefits, they will forfeit Sunday's game (and the BTT and NCAAT if he plays in them as well).

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck

When a player is accused of accepting impermissible benefits, the school often holds them out so they don't end up forfeiting those games if found guilty. I could be wrong but I think that's the decision point MSU is at with Bridges (and many other schools with active players reported in that story).

When a player is accused of accepting impermissible benefits, the school often holds them out so they don't end up forfeiting those games if found guilty. I could be wrong but I think that's the decision point MSU is at with Bridges (and many other schools with active players reported in that story).

He may have already gotten them, no sense holding him out now.

Reactions: klize17
Well, since IU has become an afterthought, we needed a new rival.

:cool:

You're really bad at the trash talk. Don't forget Purdue has sucked just as worse and IU has had just as much success than Purdue.

Since year 3 Crean and coming into this season...

Purdue is 153-86 with 1 B1G championship 1 sweet 16
IU is 150-89 with 2 B1G championships and 3 sweet 16

Both pretty damn mediocre. Also Purdue is 3-8 against MSU since Dawson arrived at Michigan State. Not a rivalry

Last edited:

No point

Reactions: SNU0821
ADVERTISEMENT