ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Miles Bridges mom got taken out to dinner. This is complete and utter garbage.

A guy named Diamond Stone has to take side cash.

Exactly. Would have been upset if he didn't take money. He should be like Mr Diamond Eye here and get the surgery. RIP. and if you need a good laugh head to about the 3:30 mark of this video.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: BANGBRO
3 quick observations

1) Is this a “loan” after they declared for the draft. Agents giving kids money to survive until that first paycheck is not unheard of. They already left school so that shouldn’t have any effect on the schools.
2) Jarred Jefferies, like the Indiana guy or am I forgetting about somebody, I thought the list would be a lot larger.
3) If number 1 is false, we are fvcked and everybody should be fired.

Miles Bridges mom got taken out to dinner. This is complete and utter garbage.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg,rumors about bridges being on the take for years. Brian Bowen, josh Jackson, and miles bridges, three elite in state wings that never took an official to Michigan. Now you’re seeing why.

Last edited:
That’s just the tip of the iceberg,rumors about bridges being on the take for years. Brian Bowen, josh Jackson, and miles bridges, three elite in state wings that never took an official to Michigan. Now your seeing why.
That was the only thing that was found, and it was quite minimal. Josh Jackson and Brian Bowen both went elsewhere, and near the end of both, we knew we were out of it.

That was the only thing that was found, and it was quite minimal. Josh Jackson and Brian Bowen both went elsewhere, and near the end of both, we knew we were out of it.

To even be considered by josh Jackson or Brian Bowen, you had to give someone in their group something. Josh Jackson’s mom is a self described um fan, he grew up 30 minutes from campus, his longtime girlfriend was going um and beilein develops wings at a crazy rate and the kid never even visited um. That right there says it all.

Reactions: BANGBRO and Mgkcbb
I think that was the cost of the meal with Bridges' parents

A sports agency is going to try and recoup $75? Their is a sports agency that apparently only has $263,000 in the bank? Now it could be cut off in the picture that all numbers listed are in the thousands, but usually thats right before they list assets, liabilites and equity.

A sports agency is going to try and recoup $75? Their is a sports agency that apparently only has $263,000 in the bank? Now it could be cut off in the picture that all numbers listed are in the thousands, but usually thats right before they list assets, liabilites and equity.
I have a feeling it's not the individual amounts that matter to the agency. At the time of the "loans," these guys are still amateurs and haven't signed with an agency. When they turn pro and sign with the aforementioned agency, the "loan" gets forgiven. If the player signs with a different agency, they have the threat of collecting on the loan.

I have a feeling it's not the individual amounts that matter to the agency. At the time of the "loans," these guys are still amateurs and haven't signed with an agency. When they turn pro and sign with the aforementioned agency, the "loan" gets forgiven. If the player signs with a different agency, they have the threat of collecting on the loan.

You might be right, that balance sheets just looks a little out of whack. Miles Bridges was still in high school at the time of the balance sheet, yet his loan is under a current asset. Maybe they just put all loans to players as current, but that loan wasn’t getting paid for over a year.

Edit: Bridges isn’t on the balance sheet. My bad hes on the excel chart. Thought I saw hime on there.

Last edited:
Here is Emmert's full statement:
Key word = ‘punish’

"These allegations, if true, point to systematic failures that must be fixed and fixed now if we want college sports in America. Simply put, people who engage in this kind of behavior have no place in college sports. They are an affront to all those who play by the rules. Following the Southern District of New York's indictments last year, the NCAA Board of Governors and I formed the independent Commission on College Basketball, chaired by Condoleezza Rice, to provide recommendations on how to clean up the sport. With these latest allegations, it's clear this work is more important now than ever. The Board and I are completely committed to making transformational changes to the game and ensuring all involved in college basketball do so with integrity. We also will continue to cooperate with the efforts of federal prosecutors to identify and punish the unscrupulous parties seeking to exploit the system through criminal acts."

You’re just saying that because you’re a Michigan fan.

Wait, you’re not? Well then you must just me jealous of MSU.

It’s just funny. The whole “family atmosphere” stuff about MSU and that Izzo was clean was always funny to me.

On a side note, got a gallon of milk made by a company called “Borden”.

I complained about a call in the Michigan game and then got lectured by a voice coming from my fridge about refs.

Reactions: bMORE607
I have been assured Izzo has done nothing wrong.

According to MSU fans, he cried & wore a lapel pin to show support for the victims.

What do you want from this man? He wore a damn LAPEL PIN for gods sake.

Dude, Dawson’s recruitment was 100% clean. I promise.

Congrats to B1G coaches Holtmann and Painter being selected as one of 10 semifinalists for the Naismith Men's College Basketball Coach of the Year award.
The final four finalists will be announced on March 15th with the winner being selected on April 1st.
LIST:
Rick Barnes Tennessee SEC
Chris Beard Texas Tech Big 12
Tony Bennett Virginia ACC
Brad Brownell Clemson ACC
Mick Cronin Cincinnati AAC
Chris Holtmann Ohio State Big 10
Chris Mack Xavier BIG EAST
Matt Painter Purdue Big 10
Bruce Pearl Auburn SEC
Jay Wright Villanova BIG EAST

Reactions: pig1960 and KisteK
Hail thinking that this report of Bridge's mom getting $400 is validation of his claims that Izzo is dirty and proof that Beeline is clean is LOL funny.

Almost anything on this list under the $10,000 threshold is probably nothing to worry about other than maybe a few games suspension or virtually meaningless forfeited games. Anything over, start worrying.

Reactions: northeastspartan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT