ADVERTISEMENT

Maui Invitational

He’s a national treasure, mom. That and he loves the Grateful Dead. Prob smoked too much weed, before the game.

Her: Oh my.

She’s a 69 year-old conservative, and the happiest person I know. I think her and Bill would actually hit it off. Annoyingly happy. Ha

I'm sorry but that's just fvking funny. Sounds like my mom.

Reactions: 829305
Well, good new is----win tomorrow and we leave with two good wins: Providence(61 KenPom), Stanford(28th).

Bad news----Gotta play Stanford.

I have an officiating question. I'm not complaining as I thought UNC got a great second half whistle. However, with like 40 seconds left or so the Stanford guy dribbled it off his foot. It wasn't even debatable on replay. When Walton finally saw that angle they immediately stopped talking about if because even they knew. So they went and looked at it. I don't see any reasonable way they couldn't have known it after looking at the replay. So in what situation do they just decide to not reverse it. Where they just rattled because both coaches were upset with them maybe so didn't look at it very well? Aren't there consequences to messing up one that badly?

I have an officiating question. I'm not complaining as I thought UNC got a great second half whistle. However, with like 40 seconds left or so the Stanford guy dribbled it off his foot. It wasn't even debatable on replay. When Walton finally saw that angle they immediately stopped talking about if because even they knew. So they went and looked at it. I don't see any reasonable way they couldn't have known it after looking at the replay. So in what situation do they just decide to not reverse it. Where they just rattled because both coaches were upset with them maybe so didn't look at it very well? Aren't there consequences to messing up one that badly?
Got to keep this in mind....What we see on TV, isn't what is always available to the officials.

Got to keep this in mind....What we see on TV, isn't what is always available to the officials.

You could tell from every single angle though. But yeah, if that's the case that's a problem. If they can't even let the officials see the basic replays we see at home then they have an issue, lol.

You could tell from every single angle though. But yeah, if that's the case that's a problem. If they can't even let the officials see the basic replays we see at home then they have an issue, lol.
In some cases, thats exactly the issue. TV has 40 different camera's---40 different angles..Not always are those same views available...

That's absurd. Why just show them what is literally on TV?
It usually is....But the replay available we are seeing, isn't what is always available at the table...We might see 5 different angles...but at the table, there may only be 2 or 3...

See what I mean?

It usually is....But the replay available we are seeing, isn't what is always available at the table...We might see 5 different angles...but at the table, there may only be 2 or 3...

See what I mean?

Sure, but it seems unreasonable that the two angles they show on TV aren't available to the people who matter. Seems the best angles would be the ones they would make available. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult of a logistical feat tbh.

Sure, but it seems unreasonable that the two angles they show on TV aren't available to the people who matter. Seems the best angles would be the ones they would make available. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult of a logistical feat tbh.
Not saying this was the case. BUT, with COVID, it very well might have been; limited views.

Now say they do SEE what we see....I dunno. Maybe they didn't feel there was enough there? Not sure. I didn't see it.

They didn't stop talking about it. The last view they saw showed the angle. The commentator says oh wait that last look. At this point, the referees announced the ball for Stanford. They went to look at the angle they saw where it was off Stanford, and as they went to it, the play commenced because the refs had already called it and restarted the game.

They didn't reverse it because they didn't see that angle and/or decided before they got to that angle. The first few looks did look clearly off of Leaky. When it seemed that clear, they might have just made the call then and there before the other angle even came in.

I didn't think the top teams would advance. I actually thought Indiana has a lot to prove I just saw a disconnection on the court with their guards and a lack of wanting the basketball.
I think Archie is using this as a learning moment.

I don't think Roy loses in his hometown. His team is looking like the one who wants to prove people wrong. A lot of disrespect for UNC Basketball.

Roy Williams coached the Kansas team that frustrated me the most.
Texas should have won the game. They were a better team. But Nick Collison grabbed I believe 30 rebounds.

They didn't stop talking about it. The last view they saw showed the angle. The commentator says oh wait that last look. At this point, the referees announced the ball for Stanford. They went to look at the angle they saw where it was off Stanford, and as they went to it, the play commenced because the refs had already called it and restarted the game.

They didn't reverse it because they didn't see that angle and/or decided before they got to that angle. The first few looks did look clearly off of Leaky. When it seemed that clear, they might have just made the call then and there before the other angle even came in.

He said 'that last look' and then Walton started talking I believe. I'm ok with that because I love Walton but they were harping on bad calls consistently and kind of dismissed an obvious one without much to say. There were no looks where it looked clearly off Leaky outside of the real time play. There were looks where you couldn't tell much. Then there were looks were it was clearly off his foot.

I didn't think the top teams would advance. I actually thought Indiana has a lot to prove I just saw a disconnection on the court with their guards and a lack of wanting the basketball.
I think Archie is using this as a learning moment.

I don't think Roy loses in his hometown. His team is looking like the one who wants to prove people wrong. A lot of disrespect for UNC Basketball.

Roy Williams coached the Kansas team that frustrated me the most.
Texas should have won the game. They were a better team. But Nick Collison grabbed I believe 30 rebounds.

Damn that

I'm tired of UNC losing to Texas...lol

Until I see it I always think they will lose.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Last time UNC had Crabman running the point.

He is a great scorer but Crabman's defense at the time was iffy.
I felt the guards for Texas had way too much room. The guard who played great in that last game for Texas in Kerwin Roach is playing BBall in the G League now.

This version of UNC is closer to a real Roy Williams team.

Brooks #15 going to be a handle. They are going to have to outjump him because they won't be able to move him from grabbing rebounds

This is the TJD that has to show up....Cannot let a little contact pussify you.

JFC...We just cannot shoot.

Arman is playing really well. Two great passes. Nice split on that move to the hoop. Good explosion there as well. Kid is playing solid today.

Sometime getting mudholed isn't a terrible thing if the players respond

Coaches can't sit there every game and babysit players during the games ..
If the players can't respond during the game you attempt to get them to respond between games

Told people on here a month or two ago that this is most talented Texas team ever.
In terms of current talent and raw talent
Ever? 2003 Texas was very good---and talented...Led by TJ Ford.

2007 Texas had Durant, Pittman, DJ Augustine and Damion James....

I agree texas is talented.....But....

I like this Texas team, they are playing hard against NC Tarheels and the refs. Refs brought back NC but Texas keeps fighting through the adversity.

ADVERTISEMENT