ADVERTISEMENT

Maui Invitational

Can't believe Bill Walton is hanging out in my hometown. I'd be there at the games today, unfortunately tickets aren't available to the public. Sad. Excited to see this tournament, though; it's usually one of the best preseason tourneys of the year. Good teams, again. I could see 5-6 NCAA Tournament teams from this field. Whoever wins the Maui will have 3 very quality wins on their resume.

It is the Bill Walton Show...

But his partner sucks.
Man, I love Walton....I'll watch games he does, no matter who it is, to hear him.

Dude is a National Treasure. Pure Gold.

He says---"Its the 65 year reunion of Rosa Parks refusing to move....WHich happened just right down the road from here...."

Dude---Montgomery is 400 miles from Asheville.... 🤣

Man, I love Walton....I'll watch games he does, no matter who it is, to hear him.

Dude is a National Treasure. Pure Gold.

He says---"Its the 65 year reunion of Rosa Parks refusing to move....WHich happened just right down the road from here...."

Dude---Montgomery is 400 miles from Asheville.... 🤣

He is better with Dave Pasch
The Blue Ridge Ranger is horrible.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
76-74 with under 2 minutes left. Quality game. Although, I was expecting Texas to win by double-digits.

Reactions: MGC_07
be a theme this year. We’ve seen a lot of top 25 teams play lesser teams closer than anticipated.

For sure. Not just Virginia and Villanova. But, Illinois and Duke, as well. If nothing else, it makes the season more interesting.

Texas wins. Good game.

Like I said Indiana is probably the favorite.

Looks like they really are trying to make a name for themselves
Especially considering they aren't even ranked yet

I just don't know about Stanford or Alabama on the other side
On the surface they don't look like they have the talent nor experience of IU.

With that head band and blonde hair, this is what I'm seeing when I'm watching Providence's Noah Horchler play...

leather%2Bjacket.jpg

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Like I said Indiana is probably the favorite.

Looks like they really are trying to make a name for themselves
Especially considering they aren't even ranked yet

I just don't know about Stanford or Alabama on the other side
On the surface they don't look like they have the talent nor experience of IU.
Alabama is good....So is Stanford. UNLV has the ability to be pretty good, and would not surprise me if they beat UNC. This is a pretty good field, TBH.

Not sure IU is the favorite. They played well today, though.

Reactions: SNU0821
Alabama is good....So is Stanford. UNLV has the ability to be pretty good, and would not surprise me if they beat UNC. This is a pretty good field, TBH.

Not sure IU is the favorite. They played well today, though.

Alabama might be a year or two behind Indiana.
I didn't watch a single Stanford game last year so I cannot comment on them. I do know they brought in a Top 10 recruit though.

UNLV does have some guards to play with UNC. David Jenkins Jr is very good. Hamilton played great last year.

Texas plays Villanova on Sunday so the tournament is just preparing them for Jay Wright and Villanova because that is going to be a dogfight.

Playing Indiana is a good way
Looks like they like to get after on the defensive end, crash the boards and take smart shots.
Plus Indiana did a great job not to allow Providence to create turnovers and do their thing.

Alabama might be a year or two behind Indiana.
I didn't watch a single Stanford game last year so I cannot comment on them. I do know they brought in a Top 10 recruit though.

UNLV does have some guards to play with UNC. David Jenkins Jr is very good. Hamilton played great last year.
If Bama is a year or two behind Indiana, then we are gonna be much, much better than I thought. Bama returns Petty, an ALL-SEC caliber guy...Jahvon Quinerly is a forgotten commodity. Former 5* that transferred from Villanova. Was ineligible last year. Bama is better than most think.

Had Terry returned for Stanford, they might have been a Top 10-15 team. Nonetheless, they are certainly IMO a Top 25 team.

If Bama is a year or two behind Indiana, then we are gonna be much, much better than I thought. Bama returns Petty, an ALL-SEC caliber guy...Jahvon Quinerly is a forgotten commodity. Former 5* that transferred from Villanova. Was ineligible last year. Bama is better than most think.

Had Terry returned for Stanford, they might have been a Top 10-15 team. Nonetheless, they are certainly IMO a Top 25 team.

Alabama is going to be one of those teams that are on the bubble most of the year.
Could surprise people and get a 8 or 9 seed.

Pretty much where IU was last year.

Yeah, this is the problem when your upperclassmen suck. If the freshman struggle then they suck. To be fair, they have wide open shots but just suck shooting. Hubert Davis may be the worse hire in NCAA history.

Reactions: klize17
I remember thinking Roy was old when I went to his basketball camp in 97.

Well I guess Shaka hasn't been able to do that during his time there. I saw Dean beat the Fab 5 in the title game. It's good to have athletes but coaching matters a lot.

Because teams are looking to prevent transition...
Carolina is looking to crash the boards and to get into transition.

Works very well a lot of times. But others not as much

Have said this before and will say it again. UNC is always a good matchup with Texas. Especially this year because of the bigs

Because teams are looking to prevent transition...
Carolina is looking to crash the boards and to get into transition.

Works very well a lot of times. But others not as much

Have said this before and will say it again. UNC is always a good matchup with Texas. Especially this year because of the bigs

I agree with Texas being a good matchup for UNC. I can't remember the last time we beat you guys.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Read a few post----including the 13-0 UNLV lead---thought, damn, UNC getting ran.

Turn game on---UNC up 20.

WTF...

ADVERTISEMENT