ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James

Not really. I've always recognized the issue. I've seen it with my own eyes. Heard it with my own ears. I do think the extent of racism is sometimes based on where you live. For me, I live in rural Indiana. A small town of 7,000, So here, its not an everyday issue. MOF, its not an issue. But 90 miles to the north, in Indianapolis, it is. Or 4o miles to the south in Louisville. In those cities, racism is an every day issue. I have seen that as well. To me racism can be, an untold story. A story without a title. And thats due to ignorance. Ignorance that I am guilty of. I still do not feel racism is as rapant as some feel. BUT....I also live in a small,rural,Indiana town. Something I need to realize. Racism here, isn't the same as racisim in Indianapolis.

I meant that as a good thing. I’ve heard you and Toon and several others say things that do make me think most of us have the same basic beliefs... we just come from different backgrounds and with different experiences. My guess is that if we all shared the same ones, we’d all be much closer in terms of how we view things.

We could of saved about 30 posts each if you would have posted this earlier in the day..
I couldn't. Sometimes you have to sit back, read what you say and realize if what you're saying is true. I do believe my thoughts merit some truth. I also believe they merit more thought. Which is what I done. It would be arrogant of me to think the issues of racism is the same here in rural Indiana, than that of Detroit, Michigan. I mean hell, Detroit probably has more police officers than we do mailboxes.

Sometimes you just have re-examine your thoughts.

I meant that as a good thing. I’ve heard you and Toon and several others say things that do make me think most of us have the same basic beliefs... we just come from different backgrounds and with different experiences. My guess is that if we all shared the same ones, we’d all be much closer in terms of how we view things.
I know. I didn't take offense to it.

I couldn't. Sometimes you have to sit back, read what you say and realize if what you're saying is true. I do believe my thoughts merit some truth. I also believe they merit more thought. Which is what I done. It would be arrogant of me to think the issues of racism is the same here in rural Indiana, than that of Detroit, Michigan. I mean hell, Detroit probably has more police officers than we do mailboxes.

Well shit. I started the day just sort of down about this place. Now I am going to go to bed feeling better:)

Gotta close the iPad before that Bull guy ruins it all.

Well shit. I started the day just sort of down about this place. Now I am going to go to bed feeling better:)
That’s nice.

Fvck you Dook Boy!

:)

I honestly sit down, and examined what I said. And would I feel comfortable with my children hearing what I said.

I would not be. I would not want them to dismiss anything, without examining all sides. MOF, its a very thought I've tried to instill in them: See things from others views, before casting any type of thought. I can't teach my children one thing, yet practice another.

So I educated myself. I read articles from Detroit. Cincy. Indianapolis. So on and so on. ANd i thought---"Wow. Man what are you doing"? You're arguing about something you really aren't educated on. Now...I still think my thoughts of racism not being as rapant, holds some merit. Just not as much as I once thought.

Reactions: Matt Laurer
I'm glad to live in a town where racism doesn't exist.

Memphis Tennessee.
I drove through West Memphis on my way home from a game. I didn't mean to. Got off the exit. I was hungry, saw a McDonald's sign. So I stopped.

Oooops.

I walked in,and you'd thought I had on a white hoodie. Walked to the counter and ladie says---"Umm, can I help you"? With quite the nervous voice. Gave her my order. She immediately says, and with some urgency---"To go, right"? I was like, Naaah. SHe's like---"Honey, look around. You want to this to go".

She was right. Walked me out to my car. Told me---"Dont even stop for the stop signs. Just get your dumb, white ass back on the highway".Laughing

Just when I thought this was going somewhere, an orgy starts.
Cathugz.jpg

And yes...Thats a WHITE cat.:D

Fair enough.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I drove through West Memphis on my way home from a game. I didn't mean to. Got off the exit. I was hungry, saw a McDonald's sign. So I stopped.

Oooops.

I walked in,and you'd thought I had on a white hoodie. Walked to the counter and ladie says---"Umm, can I help you"? With quite the nervous voice. Gave her my order. She immediately says, and with some urgency---"To go, right"? I was like, Naaah. SHe's like---"Honey, look around. You want to this to go".

She was right. Walked me out to my car. Told me---"Dont even stop for the stop signs. Just get your dumb, white ass back on the highway".Laughing
I know that McD's. I guess I'm used to it, I try to pay with the card as to not have change tossed at me. Nothing like having change bounce into the floor and have to decide to pick it up.

True story. Visited that same W. Memphis McD's on lunch break, the little **** behind the counter said "here's your change", and tossed it at me. Coins went everywhere, and I just grabbed the bills. Got back to the dealership and called, mgr said I "must have been a dick and deserved it".Never went back. I promise on everything holy, the only words out of my mouth was ordering a combo meal.

She kind of hurt my feelings.:( If she was a he, I would have grabbed him by the neck and punched him.NFG

Last edited:
I honestly sit down, and examined what I said. And would I feel comfortable with my children hearing what I said.

I would not be. I would not want them to dismiss anything, without examining all sides. MOF, its a very thought I've tried to instill in them: See things from others views, before casting any type of thought. I can't teach my children one thing, yet practice another.

So I educated myself. I read articles from Detroit. Cincy. Indianapolis. So on and so on. ANd i thought---"Wow. Man what are you doing"? You're arguing about something you really aren't educated on. Now...I still think my thoughts of racism not being as rapant, holds some merit. Just not as much as I once thought.

I really f’ing appreciate this post. As people most of us have a hard time sometimes leaning back in an argument and taking that approach.

I really f’ing appreciate this post. As people most of us have a hard time sometimes leaning back in an argument and taking that approach.
Sometimes, well, we are wrong. Not wrong, really. Just not as "right" as we thought. TBH, I don't think either of us are wrong. I think there's merit on both sides of this. But I was pretty ignorant with some of my thoughts. And yes...I prayed about it. Asked God to enlighten me. Instead, He humbled me. Probably for the first time, I injected myself in their shoes. Through their stories. It was humbling.
Now look. I still believe racism isn't AS bad. But I guess what it was is I was letting those who cried racism, when it was not, effect my thoughts. In other words, I was letting one side of the story dominate my thoughts. It was a mistake.
I could've "dug in" and held my ground. But that's not who I am. Or at least i didn't think I was. Sometimes we just need humbled.

If you have any sort of desire to be persuasive and informative, you might want to take a step back and try to use a little less emotion. Calling people out as racists, idiots, or white supremacists does nothing to win people over with your beliefs. Here's a sample of some of the comments you've made in this thread...

your responses being ignorant, obliviously racist, and entitled, and for you to be a pure-T punk

You mean one of the least tolerant, self-aware, reflective extremists here thinks people he agrees with are winning? Shocking. Eyeroll

Your brand of Christianity is ignorant and bears no resemblance to Christ Himself. The Word of God is stagnant in your hands, heart, mind, and soul. You practice idolatry.

Your white privilege is what allows you to ignore the actual presence of race in just about everything. That supports white supremacist culture.

I choose my words carefully (do you?). You're ignorant. Your racism is not conscious and intentionally malicious; it's oblivious and callous.

You are dumb as a MLing rock, borden. You show no signs of critical thinking or analysis. You can't follow simple, simple conversations. You don't understand logic. You debate like a child.

No way. Y'all need it badly. You are the problem.

You are part of the problem because your opinions are naive, short-sighted, obstinate, and you don't listen.

I've been incredibly patient with you regarding terminology that has existed since before you were born that you are too backward to be aware of, and I've been restrained in their use. You can't accept the slightest deviation from your pathetically narrow worldview where objective truth is inherently white.

Wrong. And stupid.

If you have any sort of desire to be persuasive and informative, you might want to take a step back and try to use a little less emotion. Calling people out as racists, idiots, or white supremacists does nothing to win people over with your beliefs. Here's a sample of some of the comments you've made in this thread...
I'm glad I could be your wittle project this afternoon.

None of what you're quoting is square 1, even within this thread.

It's so, so easy to point at someone on the other side and be critical; what matters much more is policing your own, b/c all I see here is someone who doesn't agree w/ what I have to say, but instead of engaging on that, he's trying to take me to task for my manners instead. If anything, this makes me more inclined to believe you're unreasonable and unreachable and I shouldn't waste my time trying for very long before concluding the same things I've known for some time now about toonces, letsgo, and some others.

Last edited:
I'm glad I could be your wittle project this afternoon.

None of what you're quoting is square 1, even within this thread.

It's so, so easy to point at someone on the other side and be critical; what matters much more is policing your own, b/c all I see here is someone who doesn't agree w/ what I have to say, but instead of engaging on that, he's trying to take me to task for my manners instead. If anything, this makes me more inclined to believe you're unreasonable and unreachable and I shouldn't waste my time trying for very long before concluding the same things I've known for some time now about toonces, letsgo, and some others.
Where have I heard this sentence before? Sounds like something I'd suggest...

Im not sure why you think race has to be on everyones mind all the time, but it doesn't. And calling you out on it just highlights how overboard you tend to be on the subject---it doesn't negate the fact we all know racism can be a problem of varying degrees and we all still think its wrong. You seem to want everyone to become a racial zealot with you or something....and if we refuse, you say were racists who don't really give a shit about anyone and our lack of 100% over the top support makes us contributors to a society of white supremacy.

His only desire is to use Rivals as a place to feel better about himself by convincing others that they are horrible people. But he's 0 for 2. I wouldn't spend anymore of your time on him. My dumbass has been doing it for 2 years now. He gets you to the point where you are friendly and respectful to him, and then without provocation, he snaps on you and turns into the condescending prick that we all knew he was. So shame on us for trying.

Taking a step back is often a good thing.

That said, there are times when the same thing has been said over and over and over, and it just gets to be a bit infuriating.

Where have I heard this sentence before? Sounds like something I'd suggest...

Im not sure why you think race has to be on everyones mind all the time, but it doesn't. And calling you out on it just highlights how overboard you tend to be on the subject---it doesn't negate the fact we all know racism can be a problem of varying degrees and we all still think its wrong. You seem to want everyone to become a racial zealot with you or something....and if we refuse, you say were racists who don't really give a shit about anyone and our lack of 100% over the top support makes us contributors to a society of white supremacy.
You never acknowledge the possibility that race was even a minor, subconscious factor when there is the slightest, slightest wiggle room.

You would have heard "police your own" from me previously, had you been listening.

As a rule, I don't call people racists. There are surely exceptions, but not many, and it's been that way for a while. Periodically I point that out when you go on one of these whiny rants.

I identify actions, attitudes, and arguments that seem racist, but that's an opportunity to be educated and stop being that way if you didn't cry about it instead. I've said we can all be agents of systemic racism, even unwittingly. I've said that your stonewalling and rejection of realities you refuse to even understand helps defend white supremacist culture, and I'm correct. You've rejected that systemic racism exists. I've told you many times over how I'm using terms like "privilege," "white supremacy," and "systemic racism," but you do a very white supremacist thing every time and pretend you and you alone control every use of every term and that they mean what you want them to mean.

I've given up on you, toonces. No more avoiding your triggers in an effort to be diplomatic.

Good luck on getting your point across without manners. You can't intimidate people into conformity.
I start polite. Others throw the first punch. I get tagged into threads I haven't even opened yet and they're already predicting some idiotic straw man.

Good luck cherry-picking someone's comments out of context and convincing them there's the slightest value in listening to you.

I start polite. Others throw the first punch. I get tagged into threads I haven't even opened yet and they're already predicting some idiotic straw man.

Good luck cherry-picking someone's comments out of context and convincing them there's the slightest value in listening to you.
You have never started polite. And you just about always throw the first punch. If what you do can really be considered a punch. More like a flailing limp wristed slap with your eyes closed.

Like just yesterday. After weeks of us being respectful and avoiding negative encounters. YOU came at me calling me a coward and a troll for something non confrontational that I said to TheDude.

I guess that makes you a pathetic liar to even claim to be an innocent victim. But you spend so much time fighting against self accountability that it shouldn't be a surprise that you play the victim.

You have never started polite. And you just about always throw the first punch. If what you do can really be considered a punch. More like a flailing limp wristed slap with your eyes closed.

Like just yesterday. After weeks of us being respectful and avoiding negative encounters. YOU came at me calling me a coward and a troll for something non confrontational that I said to TheDude.

I guess that makes you a pathetic liar to even claim to be an innocent victim. But you spend so much time fighting against self accountability that it shouldn't be a surprise that you play the victim.
Yep. I start polite. Others throw the first punch.

You were trolling yesterday. It's the same chameleon-like thing every time.

I didn't notice these so-called "weeks of us being respectful and avoiding negative encounters." Sorry it didn't mean as much to me as it clearly did to you.

I fight beyond self-accountability. Y'all use it as an empty buzzword to shield you from doing anything but judging from afar.

Yep. I start polite. Others throw the first punch.

You were trolling yesterday. It's the same chameleon-like thing every time.

I didn't notice these so-called "weeks of us being respectful and avoiding negative encounters." Sorry it didn't mean as much to me as it clearly did to you.

I fight beyond self-accountability. Y'all use it as an empty buzzword to shield you from doing anything but judging from afar.
It meant shit to me. I genuinely felt bad for you when you were crying over your life being significantly worse since Trump has been in office. So I gave you pitty. Which was my mistake. I honestly felt bad for calling you a liar in that instance. But a liar is a liar. Like you repeating your lie about not throwing the first punch".

It's okay. I will do me, you do you. Stay miserable, that's the closest thing to happiness that you have going for you.

It meant shit to me. I genuinely felt bad for you when you were crying over your life being significantly worse since Trump has been in office. So I gave you pitty. Which was my mistake. I honestly felt bad for calling you a liar in that instance. But a liar is a liar. Like you repeating your lie about not throwing the first punch".

It's okay. I will do me, you do you. Stay miserable, that's the closest thing to happiness that you have going for you.
Then don't cite it as if it had any meaning.

This was months ago -- moooooonths: You asked ways in which lives were worse under President Trump. I gave you a long list, most of which had to do with people I work with every day. No crying. It was a response to a request for examples. You got the list you requested, then called me a liar and started mocking the examples. This is the closest thing to an apology I've ever heard.

I get work done. It makes a difference. I feel good about it. It seems this happiness you think you have going for you is of the "ignorance is bliss" variety. If my happiness came at the expense of others, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Then don't cite it as if it had any meaning.

This was months ago -- moooooonths: You asked ways in which lives were worse under President Trump. I gave you a long list, most of which had to do with people I work with every day. No crying. It was a response to a request for examples. You got the list you requested, then called me a liar and started mocking the examples. This is the closest thing to an apology I've ever heard.

I get work done. It makes a difference. I feel good about it. It seems this happiness you think you have going for you is of the "ignorance is bliss" variety. If my happiness came at the expense of others, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.
I actually asked on person. And you being the dattier you are, you butted in.

But seriously, you can run along now
Your shtick has run its course.

That's how posts on a public board work.
It doesn't matter if it is on a public board or in person. Being on a public board means that you can't control who responds to your posts. It doesn't mean that a question asked to one person is a question asked to all. You chose to butt in like you always do and then got all teary eyed when I said your answer was bullshit. Which it was bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT