ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Tennessee

So. First things first. My apologies to Queen Della for not being here to help defend against the Big Blue Barbarians. In my defense tho, Mrs GV not only didn’t allow me to watch the game, she took my phone too! (for y’all that don’t know, I just recovered from yet another heart issue).

2nd thing. The Cats fans over here are level headed and fair for the most part. I’m not going to bag on y’all about last night! Want to give a shout out to Bert. He lives and dies with his beloved Cats, and I’m cool with that. Still miss just chewing the fat with him on non- sports related stuff tho.

I’m just glad my Vols won!
@GhostVol, I love you, you are one fine man.

You would be welcomed back anytime you choose.

Last edited:
Reactions: GhostVol
You can't understand what my post meant? I am calling bullshit on this.

Lance Ware is not a starter. Did you watch the game? 24 of UK's points against UT at Kentucky were made by bench players. That is nearly 25% of the total scored. 55 minutes played by the bench. Half of the fouls called against UK were bench players. With those stats how do you say the things in this post that you did? If you are serious then you don't know your ass from apple butter.

My view is that you did not watch the game.

Also, I have recorded UK games since 1977. That is what I do. Do you record UNC games? I have some of my old recordings being shown on ESPN classics because NBC decided to destroy their originals. Mine are the only ones around.
If you fire this game back up in 10 years will you scream at your wife and kick the dog again?

You seem awful worried about UK. You have a big/easy game against Rutgers tonight so maybe you should concentrate on that. I know it’s a game y’all don’t have to worry about since you have King Kofi but don’t look over them.

Lol I started talking shit with Kevin and a bunch of you morons went for the bait.

Insecure much?
giphy.gif

Ok, the UT/UK game is over and so should this thread be. Time to move on as there is still some critical regular season games left to play.

Oh hell, Della’s trying to be the official thread closer. 😂

I’m over it. was pretty pissed during the game.
gonna be honest, thought it was another pretty awful road whistle but…unlike auburn and lsu, i still felt tennessee outplayed us. and pretty throughly at that. I did not think auburn or lsu outplayed us, ie, without some serious home cooking and timely injuries we probably beat both of those teams convincingly.

tennessee was just flat out the better team tuesday as much as that pains me to say.

You can't understand what my post meant? I am calling bullshit on this.

Lance Ware is not a starter. Did you watch the game? 24 of UK's points against UT at Kentucky were made by bench players. That is nearly 25% of the total scored. 55 minutes played by the bench. Half of the fouls called against UK were bench players. With those stats how do you say the things in this post that you did? If you are serious then you don't know your ass from apple butter.

My view is that you did not watch the game.

Also, I have recorded UK games since 1977. That is what I do. Do you record UNC games? I have some of my old recordings being shown on ESPN classics because NBC decided to destroy their originals. Mine are the only ones around.

I watched both games. I admittedly don't have a VHS or Bluray copy of either though. The things I said are facts. Facts that showed that the things you said are just absurd. UK still had their primary guys in the game until very late, as the facts I provided showed.

I'm not sure if you are aware but the bench guys scoring isn't an indication of a game being a blowout. I feel you know this though. I mean, 25% of the points being scored by the bench doesn't prove what you think it does. 17 of those 24 were by Toppin and Mintz. Those dudes don't really scream 'game is over put in the scrubs'.

Hey, have a little something for you, buddy. In UK's 60-65 loss to LSU, which doesn't qualify as a blowout, the bench scored over 50% of their points. 50%!! So you would seem to think that means that that game was over and Cal stuck the backups in not to rub it in to LSU....even though they lost a close game. That Cal is a sneaky dude. Against Vandy, a close win, the UK bench scored 31% of their points. That is awful brave of Cal to just let the starters rest the second half in a game that would have been almost as embarrassing as losing to Pitt.

You said something dumb. You just were angry and wanted to whine about something. Just own it and stop making it worse.

Hey, have a little something for you, buddy. In UK's 60-65 loss to LSU, which doesn't qualify as a blowout, the bench scored over 50% of their points. 50%!! So you would seem to think that means that that game was over and Cal stuck the backups in not to rub it in to LSU....even though they lost a close game. That Cal is a sneaky dude.

You said something dumb. You just were angry and wanted to whine about something. Just own it and stop making it worse.
He he.

Antigua wants to be a Head coach, Kentucky makes more sense since Cal is gonna retire sooner.

Chin is nothing worth keeping, just a hanger-on looking for a payout
Lmao antigua was a head coach at usf and was about as successful as the rest of caliparis coaching tree. Zero chance hes uks coach after cal

edit: should have kept reading my bad

Reactions: 1016CC0503
If you have a VHS, please let me buy it. They don't make them any more.
I VHS recorded every UK basketball game through the 90’s and the early part of the 2000’s. Still have them boxed up and still watch some every now and then on my VHS. Still works like a new one.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I VHS recorded every UK basketball game through the 90’s and the early part of the 2000’s. Still have them boxed up and still watch some every now and then on my VHS. Still works like a new one.
No reason to record----Thats what YouTube is for... 😁

No reason to record----Thats what YouTube is for... 😁

Don’t think they had YouTube in 91 did they?
If you like high quality picture you do your own. Plus I am in the habit of doing it. I want 1920 x 1080 at 60 fps.

My video tapes go back to December 1977 (I paid $1,400 for an RCA). I wore out my last VHS converting the video tapes to DVD's. I bought a used one last year but it is not as good a quality as I would like.

ADVERTISEMENT