ADVERTISEMENT

How did Michigan get into the tourney!

Michigan got to play all those other tournament caliber teams in the Big Ten
Playing good teams is not the same as beating good teams. They lost almost as many as they won. They lost in the only game they played to a lower seed in the B1G tourney.

Reactions: duckboy33
and Aggy get excluded? 17-14 are you kidding?
I was shocked too but their SOS is really high. #7 per NET. I figured at best they'd be in the last 4 in. IU should have been the 11 seed and Michigan the 12. I agree that there were other deserving teams though.

I was shocked too but their SOS is really high. #7 per NET. I figured at best they'd be in the last 4 in. IU should have been the 11 seed and Michigan the 12. I agree that there were other deserving teams though.
It appears SOS means nothing considering #3 seed Tennessee has a SOS of 5 and a #2 seed has a SOS of 71.
So really, it is all BS.

It appears SOS means nothing considering #3 seed Tennessee has a SOS of 5 and a #2 seed has a SOS of 71.
So really, it is all BS.
Tennessee should have been a 2 seed. You got Duke’d.

As for UM they got credit for losing to a lot of good teams. I don’t really get it but the computers liked them all year. Add in UM’s huge fan base and it’s good for TV. I thought they’d be a first four team. It’s a little surprising they got the 11 seed but it’s also not a huge deal.

UM is in a bracket along side Arizona, Villanova, Tennessee, Illinois, and Houston. That region is pretty crazy. Whoever comes out of there will have earned it.

I hope my sarcasm was noted
ducky, you were the first poster to "friend me" back in the day. I keep up with things like that, so you always have a special place in my Rivals heart. 🙂

I see Michigan ahead of Texas A&M in almost every metric. If we are just using win/loss percentage then Toledo and Iona should be in over both.

I see Michigan ahead of Texas A&M in almost every metric. If we are just using win/loss percentage then Toledo and Iona should be in over both.
Get out of here with win/loss BS. You should just take your pass and try to shuffle in unnoticed.

Aggy 23-12
UM 17-14 ( this alone screams exclude UM)

Aggy SOS 47
UM SOS 6 (would be impressive if y'all had won)

Aggy Q 1 wins 7
UM Q 1 wins 5

Aggy Q2 5-1
UM Q2 3-3

Arky Net 20
UM Net 34

Arky Best win #4 Auburn (neutral court)
UM Best win #3 Perdue (home)

Arky beat Kentucky and Tennessee both highly ranked teams

The worst peewee team in the country can schedule power houses for a pay check, but you don't let them in the tourney for getting their asses kicked.

Get out of here with win/loss BS. You should just take your pass and try to shuffle in unnoticed.

Aggy 23-12
UM 17-14 ( this alone screams exclude UM)

Aggy SOS 47
UM SOS 6 (would be impressive if y'all had won)

Aggy Q 1 wins 7
UM Q 1 wins 5

Aggy Q2 5-1
UM Q2 3-3

Arky Net 20
UM Net 34

Arky Best win #4 Auburn (neutral court)
UM Best win #3 Perdue (home)

Arky beat Kentucky and Tennessee both highly ranked teams

The worst peewee team in the country can schedule power houses for a pay check, but you don't let them in the tourney for getting their asses kicked.

Why are you using Arkansas’ resume?

Why are you using Arkansas’ resume?
ab2926a4-d9ce-4bcb-abc1-04c2bb541db9_text.gif

No, you didn't fix anything. Going back and editing peoples posts and writing "fify" every other time you reply to someone isn't fixing anything.

And no, the NCAA Selection Committee doesn't make these rules up on the fly, they've been doing this crap for decades, you just never noticed, well because you are a UT basketball fan so you are never much in this position to get screwed by them.

This isn't as easy as it looks now is it?

I gotta admit, watching UT fans finally figure out how things really work and completely melt down about it is kind of fun to watch.

Reactions: Aberdale
No, you didn't fix anything. Going back and editing peoples posts and writing "fify" every other time you reply to someone isn't fixing anything.

And no, the NCAA Selection Committee doesn't make these rules up on the fly, they've been doing this crap for decades, you just never noticed, well because you are a UT basketball fan so you are never much in this position to get screwed by them.

This isn't as easy as it looks now is it?

I gotta admit, watching UT fans finally figure out how things really work and completely melt down about it is kind of fun to watch.
Maybe, they have made the rules up on the fly forever, but that doesn't discount what I said. Franky, I think UT should be seeded higher than UK too. So, y'all were the beneficiary too.

Cheers to your joy in our angst over the seeding, but I wouldn't trade it for the joy experienced of kicking y'all's butt in Tampa before a mostly BBN crowd.

So really, it is all BS.
I don't disagree. I was just relating what I heard a committee person say.

Maybe, they have made the rules up on the fly forever, but that doesn't discount what I said. Franky, I think UT should be seeded higher than UK too. So, y'all were the beneficiary too.

Cheers to your joy in our angst over the seeding, but I wouldn't trade it for the joy experienced of kicking y'all's butt in Tampa before a mostly BBN crowd.

You make this way too easy.

Kentucky fans have congratulated you and very much agreed that UT was under seeded, what more do you want? Don't expect us to go much farther when UT and other SEC teams/fans have done absolutely nothing but historically shyt all over Kentucky for years when they are the last SEC team standing in the NCAAT.

It would not surprise me a single ounce if the same thing happens this year.

You make this way too easy.

Kentucky fans have congratulated you and very much agreed that UT was under seeded, what more do you want? Don't expect us to go much farther when UT and other SEC teams/fans have done absolutely nothing but historically shyt all over Kentucky for years when they are the last SEC team standing in the NCAAT.

It would not surprise me a single ounce if the same thing happens this year.
You started it, not me. My "fify" was only a funny way for me to say what I wanted to say and was in no way a put down of you, UK or anything other than the committee. It wasn't meant to offend you.

Last edited:
Try again using the actual teams. Also include Kenpom, Sagarin, Torvik if you don’t mind.
Quad 1: UM 5-10, MSU 5-9
Quad 2: UM 3-3, MSU 8-2

Both have 1 Quad 3 loss, no Quad 4 losses.

MSU has more away and neutral court wins.

MSU was 22-12. UM 17-14. UM is ranked two spots higher in NET. Makes absolutely no sense.

Quad 1: UM 5-10, MSU 5-9
Quad 2: UM 3-3, MSU 8-2

Both have 1 Quad 3 loss, no Quad 4 losses.

MSU has more away and neutral court wins.

MSU was 22-12. UM 17-14. UM is ranked two spots higher in NET. Makes absolutely no sense.

I’m not sure what you’re complaining about. NET? Email the committee. What do you expect me to fix?

While you’re at it, let Kenpom, Sagarin, and Torvik know too.

I’m not sure what you’re complaining about. NET? Email the committee. What do you expect me to fix?

While you’re at it, let Kenpom, Sagarin, and Torvik know too.
Yeah, they over weigh how bad the really bad teams are. Instead of giving one grade for really bad teams, they break the really bad teams into tiers of awfulness.

MSU played two 1 seeds neutral court plus two other tourney teams neutral court pre conf. And our NET OOC sos is 131. Really, playing two 1 seeds neutral court is 131? Its because teams like EMU and WMU did really really bad and it weighed it down.

Too much emphasis put on margin of defeat and how bad the bad teams are you play ooc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT