ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas In The Tourney

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Anything is possible, they may still go a long way. Less likely with their top-scorer out and HD on the mend. I don’t really want them to win another title (don’t want the encroachment on UK), but not at the expense of heading into the tourney a different team than they’ve been. Personally I want to beat a team at full strength, but there are some here that think they’ll be beaten regardless.

Would you rather take them on with their usual starters or are you just fine with their disadvantages now?

I wouldnt mind another shot at them, we are a bit different now, and the game was close at their house.

I wouldnt mind another shot at them, we are a bit different now, and the game was close at their house.
If UConn were to beat them in the tourney would it feel like a hollow victory without their best players or F’ em?

There's no way a team with no depth can go far without its top scorer and best defender. It's also hard to imagine Dickinson being at the top of his game this soon.

I think they'll still beat Samford, but anything more is going to be tough.

If UConn were to beat them in the tourney would it feel like a hollow victory without their best players or F’ em?
rocky-drago-if-he-dies.gif

Anything is possible, they may still go a long way. Less likely with their top-scorer out and HD on the mend. I don’t really want them to win another title (don’t want the encroachment on UK), but not at the expense of heading into the tourney a different team than they’ve been. Personally I want to beat a team at full strength, but there are some here that think they’ll be beaten regardless.

Would you rather take them on with their usual starters or are you just fine with their disadvantages now?
I was disappointed they lost in Maui. A full strength KU vs Purdue would have been a very fun match up.

All I know is Purdue has a ridiculously open draw to the Elite 8...if Painter can't at least get there, I would want a different coach if I were a Purdue fan.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
There's no way a team with no depth can go far without its top scorer and best defender. It's also hard to imagine Dickinson being at the top of his game this soon.

I think they'll still beat Samford, but anything more is going to be tough.
Had to have some help with that Samford win

Reactions: Deepelm
I dont care, any tourny win is a good one. Not my problem their guys are hurt, I am sure they would have no sympathy for us if the roles were reveresed.

I agree. Everyone here has been on the wrong side of the injury bug and fortunate too. Playing the what if game isn't for me.

who knows what can happen. Would feel really good a final four if we had McCuller. When healthy this team is one or the best in the country.

Zaga tomorrow is going to be tough. Who knows what can happen but not getting my hopes up

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
KU is not at full strength, but they still have Self, a good coach that can get his players to play over their head.

Unlike UK Cal with all that NBA talent and full strength, but can't get through the first round.
KU beat UK without any of our bigs. If you are going to make statements do a little homework to avoid outright lies.

For the record The Zags beat the shit out of KU and squeaked by UK.

KU beat UK without any of our bigs. If you are going to make statements do a little homework to avoid outright lies.

are we talking about KU in the tourney or ancient history? did KU play UK or the Zags in the first round?

Last I check, in the first round #3 UK lost to #14 Oakland, and #4 KU beat #13 Samford.

Last edited:

If you couldn't beat Oakland with your Bigs, you weren't beating Kansas with them. Oakland even out rebounded y'all.

I know they out rebounded you. Would seeing it vs missing it make a difference?
Probably not to the casual fan. Uk blew a double-digit lead in the 2nd half. They pulled it off in the end by a triple-double and another guy going off for a 20/20 game. One of the 7 footers would have helped. much less 3. You win.

Probably not to the casual fan. Uk blew a double-digit lead in the 2nd half. They pulled it off in the end by a triple-double and another guy going off for a 20/20 game. One of the 7 footers would have helped. much less 3. You win.
I did see the game. UK got out rebounded with the Bigs lurker against Oakland. That is pretty pathetic.

However, contrary to UK fans complaining about one and dones, you lost because you weren't prepared.
Y'all were not ready for the zone. It's a zone Oakland ran all year. You let a guard kill you with threes when he is completely ineffective with any other shot. This was not a secret, but you allowed it and refused to adjust to it.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I did see the game. UK got out rebounded with the Bigs lurker against Oakland. That is pretty pathetic.

However, contrary to UK fans complaining about one and dones, you lost because you weren't prepared.
Y'all were not ready for the zone. It's a zone Oakland ran all year. You let a guard kill you with threes when he is completely ineffective with any other shot. This was not a secret, but you allowed it and refused to adjust to it.
It sure didn't help the guy have a career night and come within 1 three-pointer of having the all-time NCAA record from 3.

Anyhow, it's neither her nor there. UK beats Auburn and UT on the road late in the season also doesn't matter much now.

One year some talk about head-to-head, other years fans talk about who goes farther in the tournament. It's what ever crutch they can use.

It sure didn't help the guy have a career night and come within 1 three-pointer of having the all-time NCAA record from 3.

Anyhow, it's neither her nor there. UK beats Auburn and UT on the road late in the season also doesn't matter much now.

One year some talk about head-to-head, other years fans talk about who goes farther in the tournament. It's what ever crutch they can use.
You would think that y'all would make some adjustments to guarding him, but you didn't. I really didn't beat y'all up about beating you in Lexington by dbl digits and I haven't mentioned Barnes/ Cal so I haven't been rough on you.

We all use the stick that is handy to beat our opponents with the exception I don't use CFB against y'all.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Split those hairs.
Speaking of Splitting hair.

by your logic in your post #25....the reason KU beat UK bc UK didn't have their bigs, then UK beat the Zags during regular season, then the Zags beat KU by 30 in the tourney. So UK is much better than KU.

If so, then why your UK lost to #14 Oakland in the first round while KU advanced to the second round?

• Sad
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Sometimes people just get hot. Sometimes bad defense results in people getting hot.

Speaking of Splitting hair.

by your logic in your post #25....the reason KU beat UK bc UK didn't have their bigs, then UK beat the Zags during regular season, then the Zags beat KU by 30 in the tourney. So UK is much better than KU.

If so, then why your UK lost to #14 Oakland in the first round while KU advanced to the second round?
Sorry Leroy. The Zags beat Kentucky at Rupp arena.

I fully expected KU to beat the Zags but they did not.

I am very unhappy with this years UK team. I assume you feel the same about KU.

And now we find out that Cal will be back. UK lost 10 games this year. And it looks like next years UK will not be any better and will probably get no farther in the NCAA. It sucks for Kentucky fans.

I am glad you have enjoyed a lackluster KU team with 11 losses even though they were preseason number 1 choice but ended up 17th. Kentucky started out at 16 and actually finished up at 12.

Bottom line is both teams preformed poorly.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Sorry Leroy. The Zags beat Kentucky at Rupp arena.

I fully expected KU to beat the Zags but they did not.

I am very unhappy with this years UK team. I assume you feel the same about KU.

And now we find out that Cal will be back. UK lost 10 games this year. And it looks like next years UK will not be any better and will probably get no farther in the NCAA. It sucks for Kentucky fans.

I am glad you have enjoyed a lackluster KU team with 11 losses even though they were preseason number 1 choice but ended up 17th. Kentucky started out at 16 and actually finished up at 12.

Bottom line is both teams preformed poorly.

Who cares if they were preseason #1? The media was wrong, as they often are. Kentucky has 25 NBA players and lost to Oakland. Not exactly comparable to losing to Gonzaga with your best player out.

Reactions: LeroyOU12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT