ADVERTISEMENT

Goodman new top 25

It takes more than a championship to be relevant... Some could call your season an aberration.

Some could call Cal's championship an aberration. I think the championship by Bennett makes the UMBC loss an aberration more than the other way around. Anyone can lose one game. But clearly not everyone can win six games in a row in the tourney.

Is this idiot really trying to say that UK is irrelevant to college basketball since 2012? Good lord, talk about showing your bias/lack of knowledge.

Some could call Cal's championship an aberration. I think the championship by Bennett makes the UMBC loss an aberration more than the other way around. Anyone can lose one game. But clearly not everyone can win six games in a row in the tourney.

Incorrect. Only one man has proven capable of getting pummeled by a 16 seed. Laughing

I have clue... You honestly think KU is the 2nd best team going into next season? Delusional

I said that I wouldn't rank them that high. At least as things stand currently. Adding a player like Walker would make a big difference. But to say it's not even debatable is ridiculous. Most agree that Michigan St deserves the 1 slot, but everyone else is jumbled together. There are no clear elite teams that pop out after them. All have a lot to prove.

What we do know is KU will have experience and at least two elite players. As good of a frontcourt as any and they should be pretty salty defensively.

Last edited:
Is that true? That’s really impressive.
The only seasons he hasn't gotten to the elite 8 were:

'13: starters in '12 were davis, Jones, mkg, lamb teague
'16: starters in '15 were towns, WCS, lyles, harrison, harrison
'18: starters in '17 were adebayo, Willis, Briscoe, monk, fox

Yep. It's true.

Every season that Cal hasn't had Anthony Davis, he's failed to win it all. You guys haven't won it all since 2012 so it's hard to say that you're all that relevant right now.
So virginia wasn't relevant until this year? Kansas hasn't been relevant since 08? Duke hasn't been relevant since 15? Is that what your dumbass is insinuating?

So virginia wasn't relevant until this year? Kansas hasn't been relevant since 08? Duke hasn't been relevant since 15? Is that what your dumbass is insinuating?

Yep. UVA is relevant. No one else is. Win another title and you can be relevant again.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
No one is more relevant than UVA right now. You were relevant in 2012 and years before that. But you're not right now. Just take a back seat and let the kings of college basketball sit on their throne.
Whatever happened to Maryland? Or Arizona? Or arkansas? Or UNLV? Or CCNY? Or loyal Chicago? Or la salle? Or holy cross? Or UTEP?

Be careful talking shit, lest we look back a few years from now and you are in this category. And never pretend you can even wash the feet of Kentucky. We obliterate you in every category of winning ever.

Whatever happened to Maryland? Or Arizona? Or arkansas? Or UNLV? Or CCNY? Or loyal Chicago? Or la salle? Or holy cross? Or UTEP?

Be careful talking shit, lest we look back a few years from now and you are in this category. And never pretend you can even wash the feet of Kentucky. We obliterate you in every category of winning ever.

Yeah but I don’t care about any of that. I have other stuff to fall back on if UVA does fade away. You’ll probably kill yourself if UK doesn’t win another title soon

Why are we talking about last season's champion? That's yesterday's news. This thread is about this season.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
You're an idiot. That team last 2 games all year. One in december on a last second shot to a top 15 team in probably the most hostile road environment ever. The other to a team that defined its existence by trying to beat that kentucky team and barely won in the last 2 minutes. 2012 UK won their first 4 tourney games by at least 12 and their final four games both by 8.

This Virginia team lost two games by double figures, was down 14 to their 16-seed opponent and needed 3 straight miracles to squeak out a title.

This UVA team is 1M times more an abberation than 2012 kentucky.

You're an idiot. That team last 2 games all year. One in december on a last second shot to a top 15 team in probably the most hostile road environment ever. The other to a team that defined its existence by trying to beat that kentucky team and barely won in the last 2 minutes. 2012 UK won their first 4 tourney games by at least 12 and their final four games both by 8.

This Virginia team lost two games by double figures, was down 14 to their 16-seed opponent and needed 3 straight miracles to squeak out a title.

This UVA team is 1M times more an abberation than 2012 kentucky.

You’re so easily triggered. Typical UK fan

I think outside of Michigan State you can make a argument for like 25 teams in or out of the top 10

It’s good for b-ball

Yes agree on Maryland. But I think they’ll hover around top 20.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Archie Miller & his Indiana program to vault to the top of the B10. Asphyxiation is a tough way to go out.

Splitting hairs between 1 and 2. But with Wilson we would be 10 deep....with a legitimate 10 not some of these we play ten people so we are 10 deep teams. Are biggest holes are/were long rang shooting and wings. Adding a career 42% shooter from 3 fixes one hole and adding Wilson fixes the other. Dok, when not in foul trouble, is great on both ends, Garrett could win dpoy in the big 12, de Sousa will be tough on the glass and Dotson is a stud at pg. adding Wilson and our first five is as good as any in the country (which is why we are being tabbed first or second preseason)

Honestly, maybe it will be consider a down season for 19-20, but I def believe Maryland can hang with Kansas- going to be interesting to see how Silvio De Sousa looks after 1 1/2 years away...

Honestly, maybe it will be consider a down season for 19-20, but I def believe Maryland can hang with Kansas- going to be interesting to see how Silvio De Sousa looks after 1 1/2 years away...

Doubtful. But it's silly to state anything with certainty when so many new pieces are involved.

When was the last time Turgeon hung with Self? SmokinSmile

Oh believe me, I would obviously take Self over Turgeon any day of the week!!

However, for this upcoming season, I believe the talent is too close to call between the teams to have a favorite. I would make Kansas the favorite due to coaching if I had to choose.

Oh believe me, I would obviously take Self over Turgeon any day of the week!!

However, for this upcoming season, I believe the talent is too close to call between the teams to have a favorite. I would make Kansas the favorite due to coaching if I had to choose.

Well, when you're talking about head to head matchups, coaching is a pretty big factor. Self is something like 7-0 vs Turgeon and it's generally been a blowout.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Are you actually happy with Self? Laughing

He's underachieved more then Turge.

LOL. Ridiculous. Literally the only thing you can knock Self for is his elite 8 record. There are a hell of a lot more things you can knock about Turgeon.

Well, when you're talking about head to head matchups, coaching is a pretty big factor. Self is something like 7-0 vs Turgeon and it's generally been a blowout.

Very true- but look at Izzo's record vs K all time, and we know who won when they played in the tourney...

Only team I would have Maryland as an underdog to next season without a doubt is MSU..

ADVERTISEMENT