ADVERTISEMENT

Goodman new top 25

:cool: and calm and #2.

https://watchstadium.com/news/colle...igan-state-leads-blue-blood-field-06-02-2019/

ACC andBig 12 - both 3 in top 10. Baylor at 7 a little aggressive albeit everyone comes back.
Seems fair for the B10.

I’d like to see Archie get Indiana to replace Michigan at the top of the B10 now. I don’t see Michigan being really relevant again nationally. Juwan is going to be good, not great. Good window now for Archie to get you guys back up there with Sparty.

Reactions: SNU0821
I’d like to see Archie get Indiana to replace Michigan at the top of the B10 now. I don’t see Michigan being really relevant again nationally. Juwan is going to be good, not great. Good window now for Archie to get you guys back up there with Sparty.
I really don't know what to think about UM going forward. I do think Howard will recruit really well for them. He'll have the talent, but can he cut it as a HC in the B10? No clue.

As for Archie, I like where he's got us heading. He's prioritizing the state and bringing in some really solid Top 100ish type guys who will likely be there for 3/4 years, mixed with some highly ranked guys who will likely leave early. He's a solid coach. I'm optimistic about the future for IU.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
I really don't know what to think about UM going forward. I do think Howard will recruit really well for them. He'll have the talent, but can he cut it as a HC in the B10? No clue.

As for Archie, I like where he's got us heading. He's prioritizing the state and bringing in some really solid Top 100ish type guys who will likely be there for 3/4 years, mixed with some highly ranked guys who will likely leave early. He's a solid coach. I'm optimistic about the future for IU.

It’s good for b-ball

Yes agree on Maryland. But I think they’ll hover around top 20.

Last edited:
No, that can't be accurate. The geniuses of Rupp Rafters are confident that no one considers KU a contender.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Louisville is gonna be pretty good between their returning players and new recruits...I am still kind of pissed KU didn't land Williamson. He was ours to lose and we were his dream school. Bill got complacent in his recruitment and it cost us a solid player. We would be in a much better position this year with our wing players had we got him.

Reactions: KisteK
No, that can't be accurate. The geniuses of Rupp Rafters are confident that no one considers KU a contender.

-3-1 in last 4
-Been to a final four more recently
-Most tourney consecutive appearances by 5x? 30 to 6? They went to the nit in 2013.

F em

Last edited:
Reactions: SillBelf
Louisville is gonna be pretty good between their returning players and new recruits...I am still kind of pissed KU didn't land Williamson. He was ours to lose and we were his dream school. Bill got complacent in his recruitment and it cost us a solid player. We would be in a much better position this year with our wing players had we got him.

Sounds like Bill will probably land Kyree Walker if he chooses to reclassify. Near 50% 3 point shooting wing.

-3-1 in last 4
-Most tourney consecutive appearances by 7x? 30 to 6? They went to the nit in 2013.

F em
Kansas isn't done recruiting either yet.

How are they looking with Jalen Wilson?

We’re already full at the wing so not good imo. Garrett will start there and we will move Agbaji to the 2 now without RJ. Which I’m very excited about.

-3-1 in last 4
-Most tourney consecutive appearances by 7x? 30 to 6? They went to the nit in 2013.

F em
Kansas isn't done recruiting either yet.

How are they looking with Jalen Wilson?

We’re already full at the wing so not good imo. Garrett will start there and we will move Agbaji to the 2 now without RJ. Which I’m very excited about.

Sounds like Bill will probably land Kyree Walker if he chooses to reclassify. Near 50% 3 point shooting wing.

Kyrew Walker much better get than JalenWilson.

We need a true 2 who can shoot

Kyrew Walker much better get than JalenWilson.

We need a true 2 who can shoot

Frontcourt will be pretty sick if they all stay healthy. Udoka is the only one with true experience but DeSousa will still be 2+ years removed from high school and McCormack showed a lot of promise last year. I want to say the last time they had that much depth and talent + age was in 2011 with Morris/Morris/Robinson.

Frontcourt will be pretty sick if they all stay healthy. Udoka is the only one with true experience but DeSousa will still be 2+ years removed from high school and McCormack showed a lot of promise last year. I want to say the last time they had that much depth and talent + age was in 2011 with Morris/Morris/Robinson.

Yes 2011 should have won it all. But I sit here and say the same for 2010, 2016 and 2017. Too many elite 8 exits. VCU bounced us that year in E8.

And now Shaka somehow blows booty in a potentially huge program.

Archie= Tom Crean lite

I’m glad he got complacent too!

Reactions: 5thGenJayhawk

Lmao.

Imagine being so ate up that this is your immediate reaction to a June, preseason poll.

We are well above them as a program right NOW (2015-present) and for the foreseeable future.

Cal had his great 2009-2014 run. I don’t see them in a final four anytime soon.

Lmao.

Imagine being so ate up that this is your immediate reaction to a June, preseason poll.

We are well above them as a program right NOW (2015-present) and for the foreseeable future.

Cal had his great 2009-2014/15 run (even tho that included an NIT) I don’t see them in a final four anytime soon.

ya'll will be better off without RJ and his dad screwing up your team chemistry anyways. his dad is Lavar Ball without the shoe company. Plus RJ doesn't really guard or pass all that much I can't imagine that fitting in with how KU likes to play. half his highlights are just him dancing and showboating.

ya'll will be better off without RJ and his dad screwing up your team chemistry anyways. his dad is Lavar Ball without the shoe company. Plus RJ doesn't really guard or pass all that much I can't imagine that fitting in with how KU likes to play. half his highlights are just him dancing and showboating.

Appreciate that.

I like tech at 10. Can see another FF for you guys honestly.

Reactions: TechFan88

Cal had his great 2009-2014 run. I don’t see them in a final four anytime soon.

K.

By anytime soon, you mean should have been two months ago, when they lost in OT to a team they had already beaten twice that year?

I think UK will be fine.

-3-1 in last 4
-Most tourney consecutive appearances by 5x? 30 to 6? They went to the nit in 2013.

F em

No, F you, you ignorant clown.

23-9 Series- UK
8>3 titles- UK

Calipari era:

UK- Most wins (305)
UK- Most NCAA Tournament wins (31)
UK- Most Final Four Appearances (4)
UK- BEAT KU with the 2012 Title on the line.

....so go eat a dick and wash it down with some bleach.

Reactions: crazyqx83

F u

Lmao.

It’s just humorous how consistently wrong they manage to be.

Btw, if your board’s going to have 8 KU threads on its first page, you probably lose your right to pull the “obsessed with us” card.

Appreciate that.

I like tech at 10. Can see another FF for you guys honestly.

as long as Beard is around we'll be very competitive. at a certain point that's really all you can hope for. you can't predict when somebody is going to shoot 45% from 3, so it's always hard to predict the tournament, but i do think we'll be top 3 in the conference with another potential to win it. in my opinion that's a really good position to be in.

23-9 Series- UK
8>3 titles- UK

Calipari era:

UK- Most wins (305)

You forgot “most underachievement.”

K.

By anytime soon, you mean should have been two months ago, when they lost in OT to a team they had already beaten twice that year?

I think UK will be fine.
Can’t say should have been. We do that then we all start claiming like 18 NCAA titles and 40 Final Fours for our schools.

Full at wing? Definitely wouldn’t say that. I think it’s pretty important to replace Garrett in the starting lineup with a shooter, or offensive spacing could be problematic. Walker would be just what the doc ordered.

Reactions: KisteK
It’s just humorous how consistently wrong they manage to be.

Btw, if your board’s going to have 8 KU threads on its first page, you probably lose your right to pull the “obsessed with us” card.

My man, you read/discuss Rafters a lot more frequently than all but about 3 of the UK fans that post here.

Once is too much. But if you go there more than once, it’s on you.

-3-1 in last 4

F em

23-9 Series- UK
8>3 titles- UK

Calipari era:

UK- Most wins (305)

Fair on the historical stuff.

But was talking 2015 to present as you see in my post. 3-1 verse you, 3 E8’s and 1 FF. You’ve had what? One E8 in that period, no FF’s? You got beat by our little brother last year I recall.

And you played in the NIT in 2013. We haven’t see that since 1989 I believe.

Full at wing? Definitely wouldn’t say that. I think it’s pretty important to replace Garrett in the starting lineup with a shooter, or offensive spacing could be problematic. Walker would be just what the doc ordered.
I wouldn’t want to trade Garrett’s starting spot for a shooter if that replacement isn’t really good at defense. Dotson is an adequate shooter from what I can remember and Agbaji was pretty good as well. I think that most of the offense is going to all come from down low this year anyways. Just having a guy out there that can shoot 40% isn’t more valuable IMO than having a lock down defender that will do a really good job disrupting the opponents backcourt.

Can’t say should have been. We do that then we all start claiming like 18 NCAA titles and 40 Final Fours for our schools.

Normally, I wouldn’t. But they were down a (good) player, we had beaten them twice - one was a 30 pt blowout-, we blew a double digit lead, and they got 50 out of their 2 guards to win.

UK blew that one.

Reactions: schoonerwest
My man, you read/discuss Rafters a lot more frequently than all but about 3 of the UK fans that post here.

Once is too much. But if you go there more than once, it’s on you.

I've literally been on that board twice in the last 3 or 4 months.

But as many of you like to remind us, it's got the most traffic of any CBB board out there.

Goodman stated he was going with experience first. Which is maybe a good way to look at a pre-season ranking.

I'm pretty happy with our team. Our non-ranked recruit averaged 42 and 14 before his acl injury. And if Brad doesn't transfer, he'll be the rebounding/shot blocking monster we all thought he would be.

-3-1 in last 4

F em

23-9 Series- UK
8>3 titles- UK

Calipari era:

UK- Most wins (305)

But was talking 2015 to present as you see in my post. 3-1 verse you, 3 E8’s and 1 FF. You’ve had what? One E8 in that period, no FF’s? You got beat by our little brother last year I recall.

"2015- present"....this is called timeframing. Once you have to do that in an argument, you've lost.

"2015- present"....this is called timeframing. Once you have to do that in an argument, you've lost.

The whole point was our “present program” or “state of program” is superior to yours, last few years to present and what I see as the next couple years. Whereas 2009-2015 I would give the nod clearly to you all. 2000-2008 would clearly go to us.

ADVERTISEMENT