ADVERTISEMENT

Goodman new top 25

Agree on Texas. You guys could either go to an E8 or first round bounce. Shaka has to be the hottest seat in the nation right now. The Michigan assistant should help. I assume Andrew Jones is back. That’s key.

For us, I actually do think we have the elite talent, and more balanced across the plane this year in fact.

Dotson - top 3 PG returning in country
Doke - #1 big returning in country
Silvio - top 5 big returning in country

Agbaji might be top 5 most dynamic wings returning in country to boot.

I don’t see in any recent times is having that level of balance of elite talent across the floor. It’s always seemingly been backcourt-loaded (16/17/18 with Frank and Devonte) or front (11/12/13/14 runs with the twins, Embiid and T-Rob/Withey).

2011 had both I guess but hard to consider Elijah and Tyshawn elite that year. If Sherron was around an extra year, then yes.

2018 maybe if Preston was eligible all year, but still thin and young in frontcourt.

Andrew Jones should play. That was why EML ended up in the transfer portal.
Shaka is confident in Jones and incoming Freshmen Donovan Williams.

Regarding KU I am talking about depth not just with the starters.
I have seen Kansas teams put together 9-10 players that could start pretty much anywhere in the country.
I don't see that this year. Plus your big is injury prone. De Sousa hasn't stepped onto the court. I think age could be a factor as he is mature but I am not 100% sure that he is a major impact player yet. Look at Grimes last year. I thought Grimes was for sure the #1 incoming player in the Big 12.

That’s good on Jones for you guys.

De Sousa has played plenty my friend. See 2018 run to the final four - it wouldn’t have happened without him. Practices with team all this past year too.

De Sousa has played plenty my friend. See 2018 run to the final four - it wouldn’t have happened without him. Practices with team all this past year too.

He wasn't impacting the game at a high level.
Until I see it I have my doubts. You are acting like it a sure thing he is scoring 17+ PPG and impacting the game.

I think Kansas is more at the 10-20 range right now.
Could be higher than that depending on health, De Sousa and the quality of the Big 12.
I think in 2019-2020 the Big 12 is probably as close as ever. Could see 4 teams at the end of February with a legit chance to win the conference.

He wasn't impacting the game at a high level.
Until I see it I have my doubts. You are acting like it a sure thing he is scoring 17+ PPG and impacting the game.

I think Kansas is more at the 10-20 range right now.
Could be higher than that depending on health, De Sousa and the quality of the Big 12.
I think in 2019-2020 the Big 12 is probably as close as ever. Could see 4 teams at the end of February with a legit chance to win the conference.

Feels like that almost every year it seems. Will be a gauntlet as per the usual. Hence conference RPI #1 for what 6 years running?

First off, please stop trying to be funny. Still doesn't work.

And LOL @ the idea that anything positive is said about KU on that board.

When I was there a week ago, there were at least 6 KU-related threads on the first page. Yes, 1-2 created by KU fans. But a non-obsessed fanbase would have let those die rather than turn them into multi-pagers.
Do you see the irony in the bolded part?

Also, I wasn't trying to be funny, but I can understand why you, being the stick-in-the-mud that you are, would fail to see much humor in anything beyond a UK loss.

Feels like that almost every year it seems. Will be a gauntlet as per the usual. Hence conference RPI #1 for what 6 years running?

Some years more than others.

I think 9 of the teams can end up in the NCAA Tournament. Only one I think has no chance is Iowa State. Even they could be a surprise.

Oklahoma and West Virginia get the benefit because of coaching.
K State still has a few pieces.

Already said who I think the top 6 will be.
The difference between Oklahoma State and Kansas isn't as much as some think.
What they have coming back added to great class makes them dangerous.
Lindy Waters is one of the best two way players in the Big 12.

Reactions: KisteK

Some years more than others.

I think 9 of the teams can end up in the NCAA Tournament. Only one I think has no chance is Iowa State. Even they could be a surprise.

Oklahoma and West Virginia get the benefit because of coaching.
K State still has a few pieces.

Already said who I think the top 6 will be.
The difference between Oklahoma State and Kansas isn't as much as some think.
What they have coming back added to great class makes them dangerous.
Lindy Waters is one of the best two way players in the Big 12.

I agree on all.

There is not a single bad team this coming year. Last year okie state and WVU were bad only bc of injuries (okie state) and a culture implosion (in Morgantown).

We may have gotten 9/10 in last year otherwise. I can see 9/10 in this year.

I agree on all.

There is not a single bad team this coming year. Last year okie state and WVU were bad only bc of injuries (okie state) and a culture implosion (in Morgantown).

I don't think all 9 will get in.
I think all 9 have a chance similar to 2017-2018.

Oklahoma State has a freshman that can jump out of the gym. Reminds people of Vince Carter.
WV needs guards. I still have questions. Teams average in the backcourt I think WV can beat.

I agree on all.

I don't all 9 will get in.
I think all 9 have a chance similar to 2017-2018.

Oklahoma State has a freshman that can jump out of the gym. Reminds people of Vince Carter.
WV needs guards. I still have questions. Teams average in the backcourt I think WV can beat.

Love that frosh PG white kid for WVU tho. Forgot his name. Stud. Could be great for them.

Okie State is actually a loaded roster. If Boynton doesn’t make the tourney with this team....he needs to get canned, just like Shaka. Underwood was their guy - was a sad deal to see him go.

Love that frosh PG white kid for WVU tho. Forgot his name. Stud. Could be great for them.

Okie State is actually a loaded roster. If Boynton doesn’t make the tourney with this team....he needs to get canned, just like Shaka. Underwood was their guy - was a sad deal to see him go.

McCabe.

He hasn't shown the ability to stay in front of quicker guards.
WV is an easy team to cause confusion for because they can't keep teams out of the paint.
Offensively they are a good team and can score. But defensively they don't look like a Bob Huggins team.
Until they do they will be a bubble team.

Where is your ‘proof’ that the guys you think are dirty cheated?

You don’t have any.
never said any of those coaches cheated it was you that said it, as for Stripper/Money U its been on the front page of 90% of the sports news papers and on TV, '
'oh that's right it was just a figment of people imagination. that's also why Ricky is out of a job because of that figment of peoples imagination.

move along move along folks nothing to see here as the bloody corpse lies on the ground:confused:

never said any of those coaches cheated it was you that said it, as for Stripper/Money U its been on the front page of 90% of the sports news papers and on TV, '
'oh that's right it was just a figment of people imagination. that's also why Ricky is out of a job because of that figment of peoples imagination.

move along move along folks nothing to see here as the bloody corpse lies on the ground:confused:
Hookers done made us play reallll good. o_O

After thinking about this somewhat, I can't see Kansas at #2 and UofL at #3. For that matter UK at #4.

Udoke has played a total of 58 games in 3 years. That's gotta worry some KU fans. I'm not sure the rest of the team will be any better than last year and he hasn't proven to be durable.

UofL they're suspect on defense. They didn't play well on that end of the court last year. I'm skeptical whether their defense will be any better. They should have a lot of fire power.

UK same ole same ole. Lots of new faces. On paper, it looks good.

After thinking about this somewhat, I can't see Kansas at #2 and UofL at #3. For that matter UK at #4.

Udoke has played a total of 58 games in 3 years. That's gotta worry some KU fans. I'm not sure the rest of the team will be any better than last year and he hasn't proven to be durable.

UofL they're suspect on defense. They didn't play well on that end of the court last year. I'm skeptical whether their defense will be any better. They should have a lot of fire power.

I'd say the odds of Azubuike having another season-ending injury are lower than the odds of it not happening. None of his injuries have been a re-injury to the same body part. Some guys just have bad luck.

Regardless, you're saying that they should be ranked lower based on an assumption that he'll be out of action at the end of the year? That's a little ridiculous.

I'd say the odds of Azubuike having another season-ending injury are lower than the odds of it not happening. None of his injuries have been a re-injury to the same body part. Some guys just have bad luck.

Regardless, you're saying that they should be ranked lower based on an assumption that he'll be out of action at the end of the year? That's a little ridiculous.

You guys drop rapidly in the other polls. I just don't see KU warranting a a spot above 6. With or without Azubuike. Your defense sucked this past season.

You guys drop rapidly in the other polls. I just don't see KU warranting a a spot above 6. With or without Azubuike. Your defense sucked this past season.
Maybe. You could also argue they deserve a top 5 ranking because they’ll have one of the top front courts in the country and because under Bill Self they finish in the top 5 more of than than not.

Every season that Cal has returned at least 1 starter he has gone to the elite 8 or further. I'd say that's the best bet out of any team in the country.

Reactions: Big_Blue79

KU was top 15ish in defense all year. But if you think they won’t be strong defensively this year, you’re crazy. The question mark is shooting.

None of your returnees were overly impressive last year, yet Kentucky is still ranked from 1-5 in about every poll.

KU was top 15ish in defense all year. But if you think they won’t be strong defensively this year, you’re crazy. The question mark is shooting.

None of your returnees were overly impressive last year, yet Kentucky is still ranked from 1-5 in about every poll.

Then I'm crazy....

Every season that Cal has returned at least 1 starter he has gone to the elite 8 or further. I'd say that's the best bet out of any team in the country.

Every season that Cal hasn't had Anthony Davis, he's failed to win it all. You guys haven't won it all since 2012 so it's hard to say that you're all that relevant right now.

Reactions: DallasJayhawk
Every season that Cal hasn't had Anthony Davis at UK, he's failed to win it all. You guys haven't won it all since 2012 so it's hard to say that you're all that relevant right now.
If winning titles is the only measurement of relevance then 2012 is better than 2008. :D

Reactions: jhmossy
Then I'm crazy....

Well, this is true.

If you honestly think a lineup of Dotson, Agbaji, Garrett (hopefully will be replaced in the starting lineup but will get a lot of minutes regardless), De Sousa and Azubuike would be poor defensively, you have no clue.

I can't even remember who won it all in 2008. That team, whoever it is, is definitely not relevant at all right now.
Nothing will ever top that sports year for me.

Beat Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl. Finish 12-1 and some voter actually ranked KU #1 after the BCS championship.

Overcome Steph Curry and Davidson in the Elite 8.

Destroy North Carolina in the Final Four in KU’s first game against Roy Williams after he left.

One of the greatest end of the game comebacks and greatest shots in NCAA history in the championship game to win the title.

That’s it. I beat sports. Nothing since has really even come close to those experiences.

Nothing will ever top that sports year for me.

Beat Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl. Finish 12-1 and some voter actually ranked KU #1 after the BCS championship.

Overcome Steph Curry and Davidson in the Elite 8.

Destroy North Carolina in the Final Four in KU’s first game against Roy Williams after he left.

One of the greatest end of the game comebacks and greatest shots in NCAA history in the championship game to win the title.

That’s it. I beat sports. Nothing since has really even come close to those experiences.

I had no idea KU was good at football. I don't remember hardly anything before 2013 though.

Just bits and pieces. I don't remember a single Anthony Davis game at Uk. Heck I barely remember Louisville in 2013. I remember 3 games of that tourney and where I was for them, Duke, WSU, and Michigan. Outside of that, I have no memory of the season.

I guess I was too young or just not able to remember much more than a few bits and pieces.

I had no idea KU was good at football. I don't remember hardly anything before 2013 though.

Just bits and pieces. I don't remember a single Anthony Davis game at Uk. Heck I barely remember Louisville in 2013. I remember 3 games of that tourney and where I was for them, Duke, WSU, and Michigan. Outside of that, I have no memory of the season.

I guess I was too young or just not able to remember much more than a few bits and pieces.
Dang, I knew you were young, but not that young.

Kansas was pretty decent in football under Mangino during the 2000’s. They played in several bowl games under him. That year they got pretty lucky since they didn’t have to play Texas or Oklahoma in the conference but they still exceeded all expectations of them preseason.

Well, this is true.

If you honestly think a lineup of Dotson, Agbaji, Garrett (hopefully will be replaced in the starting lineup but will get a lot of minutes regardless), De Sousa and Azubuike would be poor defensively, you have no clue.

I have clue... You honestly think KU is the 2nd best team going into next season? Delusional

Every season that Cal hasn't had Anthony Davis, he's failed to win it all. You guys haven't won it all since 2012 so it's hard to say that you're all that relevant right now.

Losing to a 16 seed will always be relevant. Look at you. win 1 and you're all that now. win 7 more to = relevancy....

Losing to a 16 seed will always be relevant. Look at you. win 1 and you're all that now. win 7 more to = relevancy....

No one is more relevant than UVA right now. You were relevant in 2012 and years before that. But you're not right now. Just take a back seat and let the kings of college basketball sit on their throne.

No one is more relevant than UVA right now. You were relevant in 2012 and years before that. But you're not right now. Just take a back seat and let the kings of college basketball sit on their throne.

It takes more than a championship to be relevant... Some could call your season an aberration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT