ADVERTISEMENT

New Way-Too-Early Top 25

Pitino cracks the top 25.

Kentucky should be in the top 10. Maybe the Cal factor is keeping them out?

Reactions: treyforuk
I like UK around the 8-12 range to start the season. 17 is low IMO. That article has Ugonna starting. I can't see that happening unless Bradshaw is still hurt and can't go. I think our starting lineup is going to be:

D.J Wagner
Antonio Reeves
Justin Edwards
Aaron Bradshaw
Tre Mitchell

I like UK around the 8-12 range to start the season. 17 is low IMO. That article has Ugonna starting. I can't see that happening unless Bradshaw is still hurt and can't go. I think our starting lineup is going to be:

D.J Wagner
Antonio Reeves
Justin Edwards
Aaron Bradshaw
Tre Mitchell
Is he expected to be ready to start the year?

Is he expected to be ready to start the year?

Supposedly he just posted something on Instagram saying he'd be back and ready August something. Can't remember the exact date he said. We've had a couple guys claim they were going to play and then held out the last few years though so who knows. I hope he can go. I loved what I saw from him in the few games I've watched.

Supposedly he just posted something on Instagram saying he'd be back and ready August something. Can't remember the exact date he said. We've had a couple guys claim they were going to play and then held out the last few years though so who knows. I hope he can go. I loved what I saw from him in the few games I've watched.

I think they’re being underrated. If he plays, they’ll probably have at least three legit freshmen and a couple good upperclassmen. Far more raw talent than most teams in the top 25.

Whether Bradshaw or Ugonna is not ready, we have a skilled 20 yr old 7'2" skilled big man in Ivisic. He would be a top 10 5* if he played in the US. Probably a first round draft pick. Z fits in perfect with this team. We're going to fine starting the season. He most likely will start at the 5.

It doesn't matter where this team is ranked, we have a high ceiling. We're solidly 3 deep at every position with a healthy Ugonna and Bradshaw.

We just going to take turns on that front? If so, I'm good with it not being us this year.
Kudos for being able to make light of it. I’d be effing depressed as a Purdue fan right now. At least you’ve got reason for hope every year though, including this year.

Kudos for being able to make light of it. I’d be effing depressed as a Purdue fan right now. At least you’ve got reason for hope every year though, including this year.
We've got about 20% of the posters on the homeboard who just can't get over it and shove it down everyone else's throats every day so I've spent much less time on the homeboard this year than most. It is strange to be a preseason top 5 team, return the NPOY and feel a sense of uneasiness over the season.

Last year sucked but I keep reminding people that Purdue is one of only 6 programs nationally to play in 4 of the last 6 Sweet 16's so it's not like we get bitchslapped by a 16 seed every year.

Just read from a KU “insider” that he’s heard Klutch Sports won’t allow Bradshaw to play this year. Hearing anything on this?

• Haha
Reactions: I am stupid
@ExitFlagger (forgot to quote you)

Ive read people talking about it on RRs from time to time. Some on there think that will happen. I wouldn't be surprised if it plays out like that but I think he'll be on the court at some point. I'll be pretty disappointed if he doesn't. Hopefully that Serbian we just picked up can give good minutes just in case.

Wasn't Klutch trying to control Chris Livingston last year? May be wrong on that but pretty sure there were issues. If so it seems like Klutch is a pain to work with.

3 of the top 4 teams in the Champions Classic. Of course Kentucky would drag the rest of the field down.
Well, in fairness, they had to pick someone since the only 1 in the top 4 not playing has not done enough to be considered a champion. :(

Reactions: Sparty_57
2024 is your year. I just know it.
200w.gif

Just read from a KU “insider” that he’s heard Klutch Sports won’t allow Bradshaw to play this year. Hearing anything on this?
According to Bradshaw, he's playing and will back on Aug 9th. He's doing a lot with the team on and off campus.

Bradshaw also said he's 7'2" now. That gives us two 7'2" guys. If Bradshaw doesn't play, doubt Cal ever goes after another Klutch players. Nike's NIL with Wagner is the future. Besides Z will get a lot of playing time if Bradshaw doesn't play. But my thoughts are the kid really wants to play. Can Klutch actually prevent him from playing is the question.

Whether Bradshaw or Ugonna is not ready, we have a skilled 20 yr old 7'2" skilled big man in Ivisic. He would be a top 10 5* if he played in the US. Probably a first round draft pick. Z fits in perfect with this team. We're going to fine starting the season. He most likely will start at the 5.

It doesn't matter where this team is ranked, we have a high ceiling. We're solidly 3 deep at every position with a healthy Ugonna and Bradshaw.
Hopefully no one gets hurt.... ;)

Tennessee should be good.

We've got about 20% of the posters on the homeboard who just can't get over it and shove it down everyone else's throats every day so I've spent much less time on the homeboard this year than most. It is strange to be a preseason top 5 team, return the NPOY and feel a sense of uneasiness over the season.

Last year sucked but I keep reminding people that Purdue is one of only 6 programs nationally to play in 4 of the last 6 Sweet 16's so it's not like we get bitchslapped by a 16 seed every year.
We all know what Edey can and can’t do…Which if the back court players benefits the most from the experience +summer and what happens on the wings?

We all know what Edey can and can’t do…Which if the back court players benefits the most from the experience +summer and what happens on the wings?
Definitely unknowns. I'm hoping our sophomore backcourt that clearly wore down playing so much as true freshmen are physically better equipped to handle a long season. From the sounds of it, this year's transfer guard (Lance Jones) is better equipped to help with what we need (ballhandling and defense) than last year's transfer guard (David Jenkins).

The wing will be fascinating and I have no idea how it will play out. A lot of people are hoping that Ethan Morton (good defender and passer but offensive liability) gets passed by either RS FR Camden Heide or true freshman Myles Colvin. Both ooze potential but I have no idea if they realize it this year.

Definitely unknowns. I'm hoping our sophomore backcourt that clearly wore down playing so much as true freshmen are physically better equipped to handle a long season. From the sounds of it, this year's transfer guard (Lance Jones) is better equipped to help with what we need (ballhandling and defense) than last year's transfer guard (David Jenkins).

The wing will be fascinating and I have no idea how it will play out. A lot of people are hoping that Ethan Morton (good defender and passer but offensive liability) gets passed by either RS FR Camden Heide or true freshman Myles Colvin. Both ooze potential but I have no idea if they realize it this year.
Going to be interesting for sure.

Does Morton get passed first or Furst?

Going to be interesting for sure.

Does Morton get passed first or Furst?
Furst I think. From what they are saying, TKR has lost some weight and will play the 4 more this year which will make Furst Edey's backup.

IF Bradshaw is good to go day 1 I got UK top 10 and 3 seedish. Though the rafters are getting high on their own supply and think they are loads better than KU and Duke.

IF Bradshaw is good to go day 1 I got UK top 10 and 3 seedish. Though the rafters are getting high on their own supply and think they are loads better than KU and Duke.

Like I said a few months ago, it was only a matter of time before they crowned themselves offseason champions. Just setting themselves up for further meltdowns. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: ThePhog08

Our guard rotation is going to be interesting. I'm guessing Duke will employ a lot of 3 guard lineups since we have 4 guys who could potentially be high level starters.

Beekman is going to contend for ACC POY and potentially NPOY honors this year for UVA. Hopefully he can get you guys out of the 1st Round this year @jhmossy :)

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT